• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Onhold [Translation Progress] MamaxHolic -Atelier Kaguya BARE&BUNNY-

S1nner1111

Nov 15, 2018
Use Locale.Emulator.2.5.0.1 software i have exact same problem right click on .exe file then Local emulator then select Run in japanese (Admin) this is important unless run as admin game wont start
Hmmm, try to copy the files without installing it as I wrote above.
If it still not works, I'm sure there's a description/topic somewhere on this site as well. Not sure where tho.
Edit: https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/
There you go.

The Translation tool from Crsky
I'm using like 5 different tools for translation, mostly from Crsky, it's complicated at start.
Later on I could make a tutorial if that's not an issue.

Reactions: Shigokareluv

Cryptz

Dec 28, 2017
This publisher always has nice art on their stuff. Nice to see one finally getting a translation.

On a side note, I see "Shirakomachi" was translated as "White Guardian". I found it weird to find some lines that refer to it both as a surname and as an organization. When I checked at VNDB, it was actually a family/clan name.

Edit:
Apparently there are also some character names that were different compared to how they are spoken in the game i.e. Benion was pronounced Kuon, Maifeng -> Mai (these were also the correct names according to VNDB) and Morgana was pronounced Morgan (haven't checked the rune, could be just me mishear things).
Overall good work with the translations!

Last edited:
Reactions: S1nner1111

S1nner1111

Nov 15, 2018
This publisher always has nice art on their stuff. Nice to see one finally getting a translation.

On a side note, I see "Shirakomachi" was translated as "White Guardian". I found it weird to find some lines that refer to it both as a surname and as an organization. When I checked at VNDB, it was actually a family/clan name.

Edit:
Apparently there are also some character names that were different compared to how they are spoken in the game i.e. Benion was pronounced Kuon, Maifeng -> Mai (these were also the correct names according to VNDB) and Morgana was pronounced Morgan (haven't checked the rune, could be just me mishear things).
Overall good work with the translations!
Yep, there are some differences.
Mai's formal name is basically "Mai-Freeze (or smth like that) the snow woman" which sounds ridiculous in english. (At least for me)
Her race is Yuki-onna from the Japanese mythology of course, which means snow woman and is accurate. At first I changed it to her respectful name, then I went with ice witch. I think that's the best out of the three options.
1646923373464.png <--- that's a snow woman for me in europe :D

Benion/Kuon is weird tho, it's similar to Seira.
According to some official sites her name is Seyla, and Seira on others.. and same goes for Yasha, she is Yasya if I recall correctly.
So it's really hard to pinpoint the exact name in some cases.

The White Guardian was also a bit strange to me as well, I might rework that part. Thank for the heads up tho, this is my first translation, so I'll try my best :)

ukulelembo4

Jan 6, 2019
Me too as well :) I looked into other games in the meanwhile, and the prequel as well "LovexHolic", and this one:
I would love to translate these as well, but it's a veeeery long way to go.
Translation of Love x Holic is totally MUST. >_<
Oyakodon route is nirvana-tier.

Shigokareluv

Dec 9, 2020
Hmmm, try to copy the files without installing it as I wrote above.
If it still not works, I'm sure there's a description/topic somewhere on this site as well. Not sure where tho.
Edit: https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/
There you go.

I'm using like 5 different tools for translation, mostly from Crsky, it's complicated at start.
Later on I could make a tutorial if that's not an issue.
That would be very nice if you can make a tutorial

Laap

May 28, 2020
Can anyone make a tutorial from where do i download, tool for transalate, run the game. Bcs i don't know anything

S1nner1111

Nov 15, 2018
Updated the post a bit, translation + menu translation. Also added a new font which is paramount for english translation.

Can anyone make a tutorial from where do i download, tool for transalate, run the game. Bcs i don't know anything
It says "The save failed"
Not sure what's up with that. :/
If your hard drive or folder(s) have strange letters like ß/ä/Á and similar stuff like these, it can cause errors to Japanese games.

YuuKannagi

Aug 15, 2020
Updated the post a bit, translation + menu translation. Also added a new font which is paramount for english translation.

It says "The save failed"
Not sure what's up with that. :/
If your hard drive or folder(s) have strange letters like ß/ä/Á and similar stuff like these, it can cause errors to Japanese games.
So '-' new update post

volarex

Apr 21, 2022
I'm using this one, works fine without changing system locale to japanese, also remember to run the setup with administrator

i have installed the locale emulator, and when i right click and press run with japanese (administrator), nothing happens. any suggestion?

contown

Dec 9, 2018
So every time I try to start up the game it instantly closes/crashes, anyone know what I can do?