RPGM Completed Translation: Le Dernier Saint Chevalier

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Skipped the March update, end of April update though. This game was much larger and much more tedious to translate than I anticipated.

That being said, I'm now at 7570/8412 unique lines in CommonText, so that's basically almost done? Once CommonText is done I think I'll release a WIP build while I work on the Maps, which might actually take longer.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Okay, CommonEvents is done, fully edited, and throwing up no bugs in the RPGMaker compiler I'm using for this. Tested a few scenes and it worked just fine?

So the status of this WIP build incorporates the work done and ULMF by yugifan3 on the items and skills. It also adds some fixes in the menu from me, as well as the full* CommonEvents translation. There is still a lot to translate in the Maps and combat files though. Some option choices may be bugged.

This is also updated to version 1.2 from DLSite, so there were also some bug fixes from the devs.

*There is one enemy who speaks in some kind of incomprehensible slang, or is supposed to be an idiot, one of the two. Either way, I can't make heads or tails of it, so he remains gibberish. If anyone who might have a better ability to figure out his slurred speech wants to take a crack at it, it's only about 20 lines of text to translate.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I'll make a separate post for this, since this will be for the experimental build.

This incorporates all the fan translations from yugifan3 and myself, with all other portions being MTL. Except one thing. I'm building my own translation tools for this, and so far my handling of any of the option choices needs some work, or I need to manually correct all those MTL parameters. So, for now, all choices are untranslated. I will have those fixed ASAP, but tonight I need to sleep I think. This has helped me identify some areas where there is still some JPN text hiding, so even if the MTL is a bust it's been a good experiment. Fixed the issue with the choices. Turns out 'yes' and 'no' are protected categories in RPGMaker but its way of telling me that is extremely obtuse.

MTL is distinctly mediocre, but the game appears to be playable? Still more translation to be done, but at least I've ironed out most of the kinks in the integration process so far.

Last edited:

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
I'll make a separate post for this, since this will be for the experimental build.

This incorporates all the fan translations from yugifan3 and myself, with all other portions being MTL. Except one thing. I'm building my own translation tools for this, and so far my handling of any of the option choices needs some work, or I need to manually correct all those MTL parameters. So, for now, all choices are untranslated. I will have those fixed ASAP, but tonight I need to sleep I think. This has helped me identify some areas where there is still some JPN text hiding, so even if the MTL is a bust it's been a good experiment. Fixed the issue with the choices. Turns out 'yes' and 'no' are protected categories in RPGMaker but its way of telling me that is extremely obtuse.

MTL is distinctly mediocre, but the game appears to be playable? Still more translation to be done, but at least I've ironed out most of the kinks in the integration process so far.

Damn, that's awesome that you're working on this! Very much looking forward to it!

Reactions: MuninKai

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Spent a bit of time over the long weekend working on this.

I've cleaned up all the super broken shit from the experiment MTL build to my knowledge, so the game should be playable in this state. I've personally playtested most of the first two chapters and am including a Walkthrough as I go through it (a trick I realised would be helpful after Wombraid Maze).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FappyMasu

Dec 9, 2020

I've cleaned up all the super broken shit from the experiment MTL build to my knowledge, so the game should be playable in this state. I've personally playtested most of the first two chapters and am including a Walkthrough as I go through it (a trick I realised would be helpful after Wombraid Maze).

You are a hero of the people.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Awesome work!!! It's great so far!

May I ask if you know how she can give birth in the recollection room?

Edit--turns out there's no CG for birth, just text after resting. Shame.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
New update. I think this is probably complete, but there are likely some bugs to figure out before I do an official release if folks want to playtest it.

pocencer

Nov 20, 2018
Capture.PNG
there are some space at ', Does anyone have this problem?

maybe relate or not...
my font is a bit strange tho, still not know why.
it appear in "font list" from microsoft word too.
Capture2.PNG

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
View attachment 1233915
there are some space at ', Does anyone have this problem?

maybe relate or not...
my font is a bit strange tho, still not know why.
it appear in "font list" from microsoft word too.
View attachment 1233916
Hmmm. I used a non-coding apostrophe because it is easier to prevent bugs and there are some places where I cannot even use quote marks to hide apostrophes from breaking the code. On my display it wasn't that bad though. I'll see if there's a better option.

Seems there's a lot more space on the speaker quote marks too.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
any update ?
wanna play the game but it seems still hv some problem on it
To my knowledge there is only one bug that affects gameplay which I have fixed for the release build, one bug that affects the first two maps of the tutorial in an annoying but inconsequential way, and some font issues I have hopefully fixed for release as well.

Arima Bery

Dec 16, 2017
To my knowledge there is only one bug that affects gameplay which I have fixed for the release build, one bug that affects the first two maps of the tutorial in an annoying but inconsequential way, and some font issues I have hopefully fixed for release as well.

thanks a lot man, gonna give a try then

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Okay, this has languished long enough and I don't know how to fix this weird super-speed bug, so let's do it live.

Note for mods: Ready for uploaders to share in the Games area. Please change tag for this translation thread to Complete.

Download link:

DLSite Link:
(There appears to be a collaboration with another game they've now added to DLSite? I don't know what that is about, it's definitely not included)

Walkthrough is included. Requires Japanese locale.

Last edited:

loli senpai

Jan 21, 2019
they bring the Eng ver to light tho

can it be updated pls?