RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone 9F] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Kkyle814

Feb 2, 2018
can anyone post a recent save?, more or less i ended up losing my save data and i really do not want to start over lol.

sigmazx

Jun 18, 2018
@Koda I could be completely wrong here, but since Ethan went through Karen, who admittedly, wasn't giving her all in those battles but has proven she could easily dominate Ethan, wouldn't that make the next actual boss much easier? My logic behind this is that Ethan faced someone who is FAR stronger than all of the other villainesses, and from my experience, when you move up two floors, although there's an obvious change in power, that villainess could still be beaten in a short time. Hell, with some luck, on the first try! (I actually managed to beat Khulan on my first try on my first playthrough, and I hadn't been overpowered or used any save editing at that point. By then I had only just beaten level one Eliza.) In a way, this floor could kinda be viewed as, for lack of a better term here, a training arc similar to that of Naruto or Goku(forgive me for the anime comparisons, I know they've already been made multiple times). I guess what I'm trying to say here is: How do you and Bo Wei plan on making the next boss believably challenging?
Easy way to do it is she could be a cheater. She could use traps or something.

No one said fights should be fair. lol

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Re. 6F Lore: 1.11.2 actually retconned corrected this in Blake's intro dialogue, where he explains that the floor/villainess his brothers defeated was actually one floor below, and when they walked upstairs they found Karen's Playground. If you're thinking that geography makes no sense, the explanation has been hinted since Cobra and should be pretty obvious by now.

The explanation for the initial inconsistency is that Karen was originally designed as a sort of quick interim/teaser boss on a generic floor, and after Bo decided to give her much more attention and the most detailed floor yet, he forgot to go back and adjust some of Blake's conversation/intro text (which was one of the first things written).
The explanation for why there's "geographical inconsistencies" should be obvious? You mean the in-world explanation and not what you just told us about Bo, right? It's not obvious to me, is the tower shifting somehow because of whatever created Lily's portal? Is Cobra the real "substitue villainess" instead of Karen, who was just dispatched to get rid of the monks who were going up the tower?

If anyone understood this please explain :ROFLMAO:

Pic

May 13, 2017
@Pic I'll look into Cobra when I get a chance since a few issues have been reported with her. Might be a while though since messing with Cobra's backend (not that one) is probably the most annoying thing in this game.

Yvonne's boot-worm comment should be referring to your current EX level (ie. she wants a higher EX-level boot-worm to bully).

Re. 6F Lore: 1.11.2 actually retconned corrected this in Blake's intro dialogue, where he explains that the floor/villainess his brothers defeated was actually one floor below, and when they walked upstairs they found Karen's Playground. If you're thinking that geography makes no sense, the explanation has been hinted since Cobra and should be pretty obvious by now.

The explanation for the initial inconsistency is that Karen was originally designed as a sort of quick interim/teaser boss on a generic floor, and after Bo decided to give her much more attention and the most detailed floor yet, he forgot to go back and adjust some of Blake's conversation/intro text (which was one of the first things written).
Thank you for the answer. Are you planning something similar to the Halloween contents for Christmas and New Year festivities ?

Awesoooome

Feb 12, 2018
Easy way to do it is she could be a cheater. She could use traps or something.

No one said fights should be fair. lol
Not a bad idea, but would it really be as fulfilling? Like, it would work, but how would we feel after beating her? IDK about you, but to me, cheating doesn't really add to the whole dominant fighter thing for me.

scoobzz

Dec 6, 2018
@Koda I could be completely wrong here, but since Ethan went through Karen, who admittedly, wasn't giving her all in those battles but has proven she could easily dominate Ethan, wouldn't that make the next actual boss much easier? My logic behind this is that Ethan faced someone who is FAR stronger than all of the other villainesses, and from my experience, when you move up two floors, although there's an obvious change in power, that villainess could still be beaten in a short time. Hell, with some luck, on the first try! (I actually managed to beat Khulan on my first try on my first playthrough, and I hadn't been overpowered or used any save editing at that point. By then I had only just beaten level one Eliza.) In a way, this floor could kinda be viewed as, for lack of a better term here, a training arc similar to that of Naruto or Goku(forgive me for the anime comparisons, I know they've already been made multiple times). I guess what I'm trying to say here is: How do you and Bo Wei plan on making the next boss believably challenging?
I think the power difference between Karen and other bosses is more so represented artistically by the fact that when you win, she isn't "defeated;" you've merely just survived. The actual difficulty I think is an entirely separate facet of the fight in that the fight was designed so that you couldn't abuse stats and ignore mechanics like you could vs all other bosses, because IMO, if you never used stat potions, the other bosses are hard AF if not harder. Maybe I just suck. Either way, presumably if Karen was just going easy on you, the next boss up wouldn't be and it should be more challenging, which would also make sense from a linear gameplay design standpoint too.

Brakalt

Jul 30, 2018
The explanation for why there's "geographical inconsistencies" should be obvious? You mean the in-world explanation and not what you just told us about Bo, right? It's not obvious to me, is the tower shifting somehow because of whatever created Lily's portal? Is Cobra the real "substitue villainess" instead of Karen, who was just dispatched to get rid of the monks who were going up the tower?

If anyone understood this please explain :ROFLMAO:
He's referring to Cobra's "pocket dimension" that allows her to have her own specific room (that doesn't conform with the tower structure), similar to how Lily's room is formed from a naga pearl.

Reactions: waterboy

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I have survived Karen 2 times but I can never reach 14 rounds with her. Any ideas?
The key to Karen is to recognize her attack pattern. Make sure you have a healthy stock of Potion B (20ish is a good start). Weapons and equipment aren't important as her damage is % based. Have the insulator skill as well.

Now she attacks you will a regular, physical attack every odd numbered turn, and follows up with a special attack every even numbered turn. You will always get to go first. Watch the type of animation she does for a physical attack, then use the appropriate defensive move immediately after. If you already have the right defense up, use an attack of your own, or drink a potion if your health is below half. Generally, healing takes priority, but don't neglect your own attacks as this forces Karen to lose her attack buff and rebuild her stack from the beginning.

Here is the list of physical attacks and the defensive move you should respond with:

Slap - grab block
Kick - insulator OR block (the one with insulator is a guaranteed KO so go always for insulator) if she puts her foot in your face, block
Punch - grab block
Sword leg (ball busting)- block
after a successful defense attack her with any move to reduce her attack or heal with a potion/technique

It should be a breeze to get up to 20 turns in depending on your potion stock. Always keep a good amount of pots on you, and save before each fight in case something goes wrong.

Reactions: ross11

ross11

Nov 10, 2018
The key to Karen is to recognize her attack pattern. Make sure you have a healthy stock of Potion B (20ish is a good start). Weapons and equipment aren't important as her damage is % based. Have the insulator skill as well.

Now she attacks you will a regular, physical attack every odd numbered turn, and follows up with a special attack every even numbered turn. You will always get to go first. Watch the type of animation she does for a physical attack, then use the appropriate defensive move immediately after. If you already have the right defense up, use an attack of your own, or drink a potion if your health is below half. Generally, healing takes priority, but don't neglect your own attacks as this forces Karen to lose her attack buff and rebuild her stack from the beginning.

Here is the list of physical attacks and the defensive move you should respond with:

Slap - grab block
Kick - insulator OR block (the one with insulator is a guaranteed KO so go always for insulator) if she puts her foot in your face, block
Punch - grab block
Sword leg (ball busting)- block
after a successful defense attack her with any move to reduce her attack or heal with a potion/technique

It should be a breeze to get up to 20 turns in depending on your potion stock. Always keep a good amount of pots on you, and save before each fight in case something goes wrong.
I tried donating most of my health to lady cobra and then fight, so that the effect of HP potion was more potent. Unfortunately, I would always get stuck in the rapid punching move.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I tried donating most of my health to lady cobra and then fight, so that the effect of HP potion was more potent. Unfortunately, I would always get stuck in the rapid punching move.
She will use a regular punch to knock you down, then hit you next turn with the punch flurry. After the knockdown, make sure you have grab block up. It's all telegraphed by those regular attacks that you need to respond to.

Reactions: ross11

Phantombeast

Feb 6, 2018
would some1 be kind enough to tell me how to aquire the "thunder punch" skill, i rescued all monks from Karen then she disappeared after the fight with Rose and Blake still in locked up jail.
i got the sword ,the gauntlets and the potion K but no skill.

ross11

Nov 10, 2018
She will use a regular punch to knock you down, then hit you next turn with the punch flurry. After the knockdown, make sure you have grab block up. It's all telegraphed by those regular attacks that you need to respond to.
Yeah, I had figured that out around the time when you had replied to my earlier post....it was all a big coincidence. I was going to use insulate but my finger slipped and *boom*

Reactions: bahamut2195

ross11

Nov 10, 2018
would some1 be kind enough to tell me how to aquire the "thunder punch" skill, i rescued all monks from Karen then she disappeared after the fight with Rose and Blake still in locked up jail.
i got the sword ,the gauntlets and the potion K but no skill.
you can't save all of the monks for the skill~~

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes