VN Ren'Py Completed Tomboys Need Love Too! [Zetsubou Games]

4.10 star(s) 23 Votes

ponly8801

Apr 8, 2019
I'll go ahead and write my review of this here. Overall, it was a pretty cute read. Likes: Chris's route was clearly and deservedly written to be the best one, and was especially satisfying. I enjoyed her finally getting through the dense MC's head.

Gripes: Sophia was almost fully written to add unnecessary drama, and every part involving her was grating, especially after "learning" (I only say this because dense MC takes an eternity to figure out what we already know 5 minutes into meeting her) her true nature (which I can't reiterate enough was obvious from the start). The "true" ending where MC ends up with Chris was good, and Chris's career path had me say "That makes perfect sense". I wish the ending had some more post-credits writing, other than a teaser into their future life. Some endings don't even have post-credits written, so I guess I can't complain that much.

The Sophia redemption arc had the potential to split into more endings if there was more effort put into writing there. In that ending, and honestly in a lot of them, MC ends up getting Anime Protagonist syndrome and ends up with nobody despite the clear signals he's getting, which is obviously disappointing in a romance VN.

Last impressions: still a recommend. My recommendation would be to only read the main ending (basically choose Chris like your heart knows you should) and read a summary of the other routes if you're really that interested.

4.10 star(s) 23 Votes