AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Is it possible to avoid Aelina without rejecting both Kaylan and Lydia? I started from scratch with this update and I rejected Aelina when she demanded to be #1 girl, she isnt so I didn't want to agree. Then awhile later Kaylan gets pissed and decides she is going to fuck the princess as a kind of revenge this forces me into a threesome with them. The same with Lydia, again I end up in a threesome with Aelina yet im not on her path and she is rejected. This makes no sense with the mc's dialog about how much he likes it after I told the princess I wasn't interested. With how Kaylan went about that scene I would expect being able to tell her no right there and then but its forced.

I admit I get annoyed with VN's that dont respect the choices that they give me, so the only way I could see to avoid Aelina was to avoid Kaylan and Lydia. I really didn't like how Kaylan did that so maybe I dont mind rejecting her now but I really shouldn't have been dragged into that scene when I am not on Aelina's path. My other play through was a catch em all but this time I was playing a bit more realistic not just trying to get all the scene's.
Condition for Aelinia/Kaylan 3some is to be on either girl path, so if you are on Kaylan path you will be forced into the 3some with Aelinia (even if you rejected her) and vice versa.
The same with Aelinia/Lydia 3some.
Choices through dialogues don't work.

This is the reason I rejected all 3 of them, don't like it when it's forced on me despite my decisions.

Last edited:

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
Yeah thats what I figured, I already knew I could do it by rejecting Kaylan and Lydia just wasnt sure if I missed something else. After the Kaylan scene she can fuck off anyhow. Guess I will also be avoiding all 3 of them then didnt want too but dev cant seem to follow his own path's correctly and I would rather avoid them all than be forced into Aelina.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

whats the point of adding flora to the harem? she brings nothing except her body...
as it stands my MC is already running knackered trying to keep up with all the bitches
that bring factional support troops or money,
right now the MC stamina and amount of cum is part of the state resources and should be saving up his resources!
the Egyptian Penelope Cruz is bringing much needed eastern support
and i still got to boink and lock down Alessia to have enough eastern hostages...
i mean sluts, i mean proud harem members!
and ofc there are talks of a Gaulish princess that should provide you with more military strength!
so gonna Marry the danish slut (even tough her island is actually Swedish...)
in the hopes as not to offend anyone too much and get myself a Germanic bodyguard unit!

Right now the MC should be looking for loyal soldiers and administrators,
he is too dependent on the factions to run his affairs leaving him vulnerable to betrayal!
he could use some of the harem members,
but that would mean separating and ofc unpopularity since women leading armies or governing provinces...
there is probably Valentina and basically nobody else who might be either competent or loyal!
all other bitches are either spoiled children that will fuck you over to get back at their enemies
or be so incompetent that might as well give up in whatever you entrust to them!
Tamara seems a decent commander but you can´t trust her...
let us hope her cavalry is worth the popularity hit by restoring her tribal lands!

Felix is a rat for sure...
and your best general buddy ain´t long for this world,
he already survived 2 assassination attempts in case you missed it,
last one by poisoning!
i got the impression that if Felix goes east he will be crowned emperor of the east!
Marius might be your best bet to stay alive, they murder you and they Marius as a ruler...
unless someone discover his secret and then can use him as a puppet!
the MC needs to lead the eastern operations himself, use that option to collect taxes and
use the money for public works including defense that will increase both loyalty and military power!
i sure hope that the danish alliance pays up and you can request a dowry of the British isles and military support!
ofc it will cost a fortune in gold but it would be worth it if you still got enough gold for a navy to protect those lands!
but once again who can you trust to run the navy and the at least 2 legions if not 4 legions to station there?
one can always use native legions so that every soldier is marked down and in case of rebellion their families suffer!
so even if a charismatic general or navarch tries some shit his own man will butcher him alive to protect their families!

i do enjoy the game greatly ITRoy political intrigue and shit!

Last edited:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Is it possible to avoid Aelina without rejecting both Kaylan and Lydia? I started from scratch with this update and I rejected Aelina when she demanded to be #1 girl, she isnt so I didn't want to agree. Then awhile later Kaylan gets pissed and decides she is going to fuck the princess as a kind of revenge this forces me into a threesome with them. The same with Lydia, again I end up in a threesome with Aelina yet im not on her path and she is rejected. This makes no sense with the mc's dialog about how much he likes it after I told the princess I wasn't interested. With how Kaylan went about that scene I would expect being able to tell her no right there and then but its forced.

I admit I get annoyed with VN's that dont respect the choices that they give me, so the only way I could see to avoid Aelina was to avoid Kaylan and Lydia. I really didn't like how Kaylan did that so maybe I dont mind rejecting her now but I really shouldn't have been dragged into that scene when I am not on Aelina's path. My other play through was a catch em all but this time I was playing a bit more realistic not just trying to get all the scene's.
for Kaylan, she is pissed you are two timing her with other girls, so she wants to piss you off too, which is fair. but it also happens if you are only with kaylan, so she shouldn't be pissed. but both her and aelinia get drunk in that scene, and aelinia just jumps on kaylan, even though they both claimed they are not lesbians (maybe bi then ?). it's just sex at this point, and you don't need to have feelings for aelinia afterwards. MC just goes with the flow.
the scene with lydia is different as it's supposed to be some kind of reward for MC as he accepts aelinia's plan to go for the throne himself.
but in both scenes, there is a huge plothole. if you don't get with aelinia, then she is still a virgin. lydia could also be a virgin at that point. so neither of them would want to throw away their virginity that easily, even if drunk and horny.

Jblaze123

Oct 15, 2021
why does it show that the file is damaged whenever i download full ch 11, but file extracts fine for only update?????

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
whats the point of adding flora to the harem? she brings nothing except her body...
as it stands my MC is already running knackered trying to keep up with all the bitches
that bring factional support troops or money,
right now the MC stamina and amount of cum is part of the state resources and should be saving up his resources!
the Egyptian Penelope Cruz is bringing much needed eastern support
and i still got to boink and lock down Alessia to have enough eastern hostages...
i mean sluts, i mean proud harem members!
and ofc there are talks of a Gaulish princess that should provide you with more military strength!
so gonna Marry the danish slut (even tough her island is actually Swedish...)
in the hopes as not to offend anyone too much and get myself a Germanic bodyguard unit!

Right now the MC should be looking for loyal soldiers and administrators,
he is too dependent on the factions to run his affairs leaving him vulnerable to betrayal!
he could use some of the harem members,
but that would mean separating and ofc unpopularity since women leading armies or governing provinces...
there is probably Valentina and basically nobody else who might be either competent or loyal!
all other bitches are either spoiled children that will fuck you over to get back at their enemies
or be so incompetent that might as well give up in whatever you entrust to them!
Tamara seems a decent commander but you can´t trust her...
let us hope her cavalry is worth the popularity hit by restoring her tribal lands!

Felix is a rat for sure...
and your best general buddy ain´t long for this world,
he already survived 2 assassination attempts in case you missed it,
last one by poisoning!
i got the impression that if Felix goes east he will be crowned emperor of the east!
Marius might be your best bet to stay alive, they murder you and they Marius as a ruler...
unless someone discover his secret and then can use him as a puppet!
the MC needs to lead the eastern operations himself, use that option to collect taxes and
use the money for public works including defense that will increase both loyalty and military power!
i sure hope that the danish alliance pays up and you can request a dowry of the British isles and military support!
ofc it will cost a fortune in gold but it would be worth it if you still got enough gold for a navy to protect those lands!
but once again who can you trust to run the navy and the at least 2 legions if not 4 legions to station there?
one can always use native legions so that every soldier is marked down and in case of rebellion their families suffer!
so even if a charismatic general or navarch tries some shit his own man will butcher him alive to protect their families!

i do enjoy the game greatly ITRoy political intrigue and shit!
Flora could be a very loyal bodyguard actually. also, she might have some kind of important or noble family even if her country was conquered, and it might come in handy later. after valentina, she feels the most loyal to MC. and she has access to potential servant information network, which should not be underestimated. and with all the palace intrigues, MC needs all the help he can get.

the issue with going east himself for MC is that he will needs to trust the capital and the west to someone else for months at the very least, even years more realistically. he can't go until he stabilized his power to the fullest first. and if it takes that long, the east will be either conquered by Avila or trying to rebel and separate from the kingdom.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
ch11tullialewd4_0001.jpg

It will be a very busy March. I'm bringing the first four chapters of To Be A King Volume 2 to Steam as Volume 2 - Part 1. I'm pleased to announce a March 29 release date for this, as well as a walkthrough for the first part of Volume 2 launching at the same time. I need the extra time to add achievements, finish the walkthrough, and do testing.
For Steam players, you'll find the first part of Volume 2 has quite a bit of new content. In fact, while your playtime will vary based on your harem size and other choices, Volume 2 - Part 1 is close to the size of all of Volume 1:
  • Nearly 5000 new static renders
  • 23 lewd scenes
  • Improved music, sound effects, and new lewd sound effects
  • Revamped UI
  • Optional tutorial
  • Adjustable font size for dialogue
The good news, if you've waited to get the latest chapters on Steam: no need to replay the game from the beginning when you get Volume 2 - Part 1. Pick right up where you left off at the end of Volume 1. Volume 1 is also going to get a nice fresh update soon, including those improved audio changes. I've been working with a composer to get things like sound effects more balanced and less distracting, as well as music that better adapted to the scenes.
The store page for Volume 2 - Part 1 DLC is live, so go ahead and to be notified when it is available for purchase.
Apart from that work, I'm continuing to finish up the script for the next chapter, as well as revising the outline for the remainder of the game's story. As the choices expand, I wanted to spend a bit more time making sure that things were balanced and all choices accounted for. Better to spend some time now before I write myself into a corner. We've got a lot left in our story, and some exciting twists coming.
I plan to bring Volume 2 - Part 1 to GOG a bit later this year, and I'll be bringing the walkthrough for Volume 2 - Part 1 to Patreon soon.
Chapter 12 is going to be jam packed, much like Chapter 11. You'll get to make your faction and queen choices, and there may be another big choice or two that make it into the next chapter. With large chapters being the norm, it takes time to bring everything together for a release and test it. The good news is that a much more regular schedule will be the norm now, even with some other additions to future chapters.
The Patreon tiers will also be changing on April 1. With the upcoming release of Chapters 8-11 on Steam as Volume 2 - Part 1, I've got to adjust these tiers to stay within Steam's pricing requirements. If you haven't yet gotten the game or the latest chapter(s) on Patreon, and you wanted to, go ahead and do so this month.

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
for Kaylan, she is pissed you are two timing her with other girls, so she wants to piss you off too, which is fair. but it also happens if you are only with kaylan, so she shouldn't be pissed. but both her and aelinia get drunk in that scene, and aelinia just jumps on kaylan, even though they both claimed they are not lesbians (maybe bi then ?). it's just sex at this point, and you don't need to have feelings for aelinia afterwards. MC just goes with the flow.
the scene with lydia is different as it's supposed to be some kind of reward for MC as he accepts aelinia's plan to go for the throne himself.
but in both scenes, there is a huge plothole. if you don't get with aelinia, then she is still a virgin. lydia could also be a virgin at that point. so neither of them would want to throw away their virginity that easily, even if drunk and horny.
I know Kaylan is pissed but 2 wrongs dont make a right, it just puts me off her and show's her character in a new light. After that I lost interest in her, if she dont like it she can leave not be a bitch in return and think that solves the problem. If it wasn't an act of revenge but an option she spoke about then I would have gone with it no problem. (while hopefully not being forced into Aelina) So all I can do is avoid her from the start. Just the option to be annoyed about it would have been enough not act like its the greatest thing ever that his future wife gave him the middle finger while giving him a shit eating grin.

The Lydia scene I had no problems with other than being again forced into Aelina and the obvious plot holes that make no sense. I rejected Aelina that means I dont want to be forced to fuck her or whats the point of all the choices and even the option to reject her in the first place.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I know Kaylan is pissed but 2 wrongs dont make a right, it just puts me off her and show's her character in a new light. After that I lost interest in her, if she dont like it she can leave not be a bitch in return and think that solves the problem. If it wasn't an act of revenge but an option she spoke about then I would have gone with it no problem. (while hopefully not being forced into Aelina) So all I can do is avoid her from the start. Just the option to be annoyed about it would have been enough not act like its the greatest thing ever that his future wife gave him the middle finger while giving him a shit eating grin.

The Lydia scene I had no problems with other than being again forced into Aelina and the obvious plot holes that make no sense. I rejected Aelina that means I dont want to be forced to fuck her or whats the point of all the choices and even the option to reject her in the first place.
Kaylan is only pissed if you are doing the other princesses.
That being said, you are still forced in that stupid scene even if she is not pissed, which makes even less sense...

I simply skip the scene, ignoring it ever happened, the game and characters do the same after all...so yeah, just bad writting in my opinion, it's a scene which is fitting if you are on Aelinia/Kyalan and/or Aelinia/Lydia paths, and shouldn't happen if you are not on both of the girls path.

You can of course also ignore all characters involved, but Kaylan is imo one of the best characters of the game, barring that scene.

Reactions: HiP1

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
why does it show that the file is damaged whenever i download full ch 11, but file extracts fine for only update?????
with what are you extracting? to make sure that you get undamaged packet dl with jdownloder and extract with latest 7zip.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
I simply skip the scene, ignoring it ever happened, the game and characters do the same after all...so yeah, just bad writting in my opinion, it's a scene which is fitting if you are on Aelinia/Kyalan and/or Aelinia/Lydia paths, and shouldn't happen if you are not on both of the girls path.

You can of course also ignore all characters involved, but Kaylan is imo one of the best characters of the game, barring that scene.
It only takes one bad scene to ruin a LI and the Aelina/Keylan scene is really, really bad if you're not on Aelina's path. I can't just pretend that it didn't happen. If you replaced Aelina with Marius in that scene, it wouldn't be any worse for me. :HideThePain:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
It only takes one bad scene to ruin a LI and the Aelina/Keylan scene is really, really bad if you're not on Aelina's path. I can't just pretend that it didn't happen. If you replaced Aelina with Marius in that scene, it wouldn't be any worse for me. :HideThePain:
hmm, "replacing aelinia with marius" is actually a good point here.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I really dislike that scene too and Aelinia (althought i still prefer her over Marius), if i could i'd reject the scene in a heartbeat, but i don't want to drop my 2nd favorite Li for that crap.. :HideThePain:

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
Just do what i do, got to collect them all :p
I did that first time round then decided to do a more true to myself play through. I don't care if I miss sex scene's by avoiding a li its only annoying if avoiding a li loses story arc's.

The queen because of the way she is always trash talking her own daughter, what kind of mother/person does that? (not one in my harem) and Aelina because she is Aelina and I also didn't want to accept her demands to be #1 girl.

Reactions: AlexMpog

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
The queen because of the way she is always trash talking her own daughter, what kind of mother/person does that? (not one in my harem) and Aelina because she is Aelina and I also didn't want to accept her demands to be #1 girl.
Actually, there was a scene when you were sitting with Valentina in the hallway and Helena comes and starts shit talking again.. and you can literally tell her to fuck off, she storms out after that. It was very satisfying, but most of the time, yeah, she shit talks and we just suck it up.

I did that first time round then decided to do a more true to myself play through. I don't care if I miss sex scene's by avoiding a li its only annoying if avoiding a li loses story arc's.
In my first main play through I got everybody except Aelinia, Kaylan, Lydia, Juliana, Diana (automatically cause I chose Dinah), Tamura (I will ditch her the 1st opportunity arrives, she cannot be trusted at all, probably will cut out throat in a sleep or smth).

But after Volume 2, part 1 will be released on steam, I think, I am gonna replay it again with only girls I really like: Valentina, Flora, Estrid, Dinah, Eliana, Anna (obviously), Flavia, Isabella (yeah, I like her, dunno why).
I don't think I will lose much of content, only lewds, which is fine, but the main plot will remain the same.

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
I assume the trio is there because of the forced scenes.
heh, well, more or less, I mean, I do like Lydia and I tolerate Kaylan, but not into Aelinia, still, the game forces her on me if I am on other girls paths and also forces me to share girls who are with me with her as well. It's annoying, so I just ditched them all, there are plenty of other LIs in a game.

Valentina, Flora and Estrid are more than enough for me tbh, maybe Cassia too. I choose Pokemon way for to see the story.
well, truth to be told, just Valentina is totally enough for me (my absolute fav in a game), but also maybe Flora as well, don't wanna leave her behind. These two are the most loyal to MC (my opinion of course).
But like you said, we will miss some part of other girls stories, though, I think the main plot still will remain the same. I mean, I rejected Lydia, but there is a lot of content with her nevertheless, the same with others.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 81 Votes