• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
i don't see number with 1920 res :) i've fixed at version 0.51PE p1 now thanks...
if you cant see it with 1920 res you got something wrong with the resolution in the game, please select 1920x1080, fullscreen and hit apply, you must be getting black bars for some reason, this can happen if you went from 1920x1080 windowed to fullscreen without updating resolution.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
I really like this game. I think the amount of time I spent:
  1. Setting up VirtualBox and running in it, then
  2. Working to get it running with animations under Wine (thanks @cold_arctus !)
shows that.

But...I don't thing VNGINE is better than Ren'Py. I think this game would be better under Ren'Py.

Convince me otherwise! Why is VNGINE better than Ren'Py?
It is All in the eye of the beholder. I find VNGINE better than Ren'Py because I find it more customizable, comfortable and easier to use and play. It also works faster in my comp with zero lag and clunk factor This game is better under VNGINE, and I'm really glad the devs have continued to stick to this engine as we see how much support and popularity is receiving day by day.

I'm not here to convince you. Choose what you like.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
It is All in the eye of the beholder. I find VNGINE better than Ren'Py because I find it more customizable, comfortable and easier to use and play. It also works faster in my comp with zero lag and clunk factor This game is better under VNGINE, and I'm really glad the devs have continued to stick to this engine as we see how much support and popularity is receiving day by day.

I'm not here to convince you. Choose what you like.
Then again its kinda understandable that a native version is nicer than having to find some wine solution for mac.

So far we have had a few people testing the native mac version on the platinum tier, and long time fans waiting for this, it's looking good so far, we will most likely include a mac version as well for the next update.

Edit: also thanks for the kind words about the engine :) Really fun to hear this positive feedback still so early in its development. It's not so much sticking to this engine, but it's my own. So if something is missing i add it, if something works bad, it's my fault, and i improve on it, if something is slow, it's my fault, and i improve on it :)

My philosophy with this engine project at least is to take full responsibility for how it works, within its resonable frames ofc, i can't take in account all different setups out there, like if people are running on really old os versions and somehow things arent working flawlessly.

We will add on more native versions as we go too, when the engine is more and more complete.

/A

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
Works on Mac and Linux. Here is the guide for wine (a 32bit prefix is needed!).

Well, I've made 32bit wineprefix, patched it with WMF_workaround as described, installed corefonts... and animations still aren't working. What have I done wrong?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Well, I've made 32bit wineprefix, patched it with WMF_workaround as described, installed corefonts... and animations still aren't working. What have I done wrong?
did you register msmpeg2vdec.dll and msmpeg2adec.dll correctly?

After you start the game wait a little to load the dlls.

Which wine version are you using, btw?

Reactions: johnelros

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
OK, I've imported them, and that folder has appeared. But still no animations, just blackouts.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
OK, I've imported them, and that folder has appeared. But still no animations, just blackouts.
If you are on a Mac try to install Wine-Staging 3.19 or Wine-Stable and try it again. Otherwise wait for the native Mac version.

Feel free to make an official requst on the Game request thread.

Reactions: Motkeyz

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
If you are on a Mac try to install Wine-Staging 3.19 or Wine-Stable and try it again. Otherwise wait for the native Mac version.

I haven't tried Wine Stable, just Wine Staging 3.19. It might or might not work with the latest stable or staging.

Animations seem a little flaky with my wine setup - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I've seen the first animation not work on the live playthrough, but work when I finish that part and immediately run the replay.

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Animations seem a little flaky with my wine setup - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I've seen the first animation not work on the live playthrough, but work when I finish that part and immediately run the replay.
Is the same for me. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't work.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Sorry, my bad. I forgot to add "WINEARCH=win32" during a prefix creation. I've got animations now. Many thanks and sorry for bothering you.

Reactions: cold_arctus

gregor_mendel

May 6, 2018
Can't get the game to work. Running on windows. I can get the start screen with options and stuff but when I click "New Game" it just freezes on a blank tan screen with the music looping. Any help?

4.10 star(s) 234 Votes