Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
This game has me worried about literally fucking the time line.
As long as we get to have fun with the ladies I'm not to worried about the Timeline. Nope my fear is that FATHER Time will show up and Fuck us in the ass, and I'm not in to that kink so it's SCARY. :)

Just a thought.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Of course, I am going to enter. Look : she's in a danger ! She need a towel otherwise she may catch a cold.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Catch a cold?? NOOOO!!!!!!

Nah, we need to dive in and save her from DROWNING. The poor lady is SURROUNDED by water and that's dangerous so we need to be a LIFEGUARD and keep her safe. :)

Just a thought.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'm a patron to both, but i'm sure as shit glad that @Motkeyz doesn't develop like Summertime Saga, where art and writing would be 100% but code would be at 5%, and testing doesn't even start until all is 100%!
To be fair it's a bit difficult to test some things without being fully done, we have multiple testing processes. :) Thank you for your kind words.

Here is some more information on the whole process, and why it does take a long time to work; Sorry in advance for the long post, but I hope you find it interesting.

As you may imagine Motkeyz is responsible for Art and Writing / Storyboard, and I am responsible for coding, rigging all the scenes as well as proofreading and rewriting to get it all into the actual game. I also do most of the testing, and coordinate the final testing with external resources. No explanation is needed really to understand that Motkeyz needs time to work, pretty much everything he does is custom, and thats why you see the unique style that timestamps has. And I have a lot of work to do since VNGINE is a new engine, and there is a lot that goes into making a good visual novel game. Also, we now have some external proofreading of the story, to make sure that we up our quality there and that it makes sense.

I always test extensively while developing, but it's quite targeted tests, so it's natural that the testing does progress last of everything. Testing is usually faster than everything else too, but heavily depends on findings during the test. We also count things we find that needs fixing into the testing phase, and it can vary a lot.

This upcoming release of 0.4.3 will have a huge rework of the dialogue system (technical stuff incoming...)
But basically I've been working hard to replace the system that loads the texts, names, images, playing animations, everything that happens in a dialogue scene basically, and it's a lot. This was done to make things work faster, smoother, more stable, and makes it easier for me to add cool things for you guys.

And I mean everything got ripped out, the whole system. This will be the new "Dialogue 2.0".

"How does this affect me?" you may ask. Good question. Some of the things will be apparent for you when you play:
1. No more yanky "going back". Before it worked "kinda" but not good. Now it works 100%. As smooth going forward as back. And it's really damn smooth.
2. No more starting a dialogue by only seeing a picture and having to click to see the first dialogue. When the scene starts, and there is supposed to be text, there will be text. I'm sure you know what I mean here.
3. No more dialogue moving forward automatically when saving your game, it stays where you saved.
4. Loading into dialogue is technically a lot more stable now, you may not notice a difference but, it's a huge change.
5. Improved loading and transitions, everything is just so damn smooth.
6. I will now be able to add proper auto-forward (Renpy style, it waits until text finishes, then some time and goes to next scene, and you can cancel it by clicking at any point)
7. After an animation ends, it properly shows the next stuff in the sequence, not where you were before the animation started (yet again saves a click and makes more sense)
8. I can now add Dialogue history window (show all the dialogue you had in the current scene)
9. I can now make a scene replay feature much much easier and stable.
10. Music now properly changes when going back too, and also, correct audio should be playing when you load in the game)

Overall it's huge, and it will be needed to test a lot to make sure that everything is working.

And, most importantly, save compatibility. I have of course always been working to make the old saves from 0.4.0 compatible with the future versions, it's extra work, but, it works :)

Also i am adding a bunch of other things so yeah. Maybe that gives some insights that we are indeed not sitting on our hands, we are working, a lot, to make this an absolutely amazing experience.

We also would like to say that all your contributions to our projects means a great deal to us, and we are not giving up on this project as you can clearly see. We have big plans.

So hang in there, as you can see we're getting closer to the final stretch for the upcoming release, but we do want things to work excellent, and we're a small team that does a lot of things.

/A

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017

Some of you may have seen this Juliana photoshoot setup pic on Discord, here it is again with some postwork.
We often post exclusice pic to patreon only Discord channel, so feel free to join us there and have a chat!

1.jpg

Deep Thought

May 30, 2018
Damn, I love Juliana's hair like that!

@Aesouh thanks for that informative post. It's pretty cool to hear about the behind the scenes workings. I know nothing about coding or any of the other work involved in making games. I'd love to but just don't have the time or patience to learn lol.
You guys are doing amazing work and at some point you will be the second developers I support on Patreon. At first I wasn't sure if I'd like Timestamps but I'm damn glad I gave it a shot. So many gorgeous women and interesting things that could be done with the story. I'll never get enough Nika, man she does does it for me in every possible way.

Oh and scene replay is always one of my absolute features so kudos

Reactions: Motkeyz and Aesouh
4.10 star(s) 232 Votes