Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
Hi Jman9,
I hope this message finds you in good spirit. I would prefer to write you a private message but I could not figure out how I would go about doing that as your profile doesn't allow me to do that and I couldn't find your other accounts, if they exist.
I have never played neither your game, nor the re-make, nor the base game. I was cataloging all of the management games when I came across your mod. I have to say that I am disappointed in the community for making something like this happen. Although I am unrelated to you and your mod, I am glad that I discovered this game as I have played most of the games that have similar appealing management, strategy and difficult decision taking aspects. If I understand correctly from what I have read so far, your reason for dropping your mod was due to copyright infringement issues or trying to credit artists. If I got that right, although I do not know the extent or the magnitude of this problem, I would love to at least try to solve the problem. I have recently gotten into AI images and image board searching and filtering scripts and I think I might be able to find replacement images for the problematic parts of the mod. I don't have a copy of your mod but please reach out to me and maybe we can figure something out as a solution.
Please don't get me wrong, I am not claiming that I am capable of solving this problem and I don't imply anything about your drive, motivation, situation or competence. I just want to give it a go and see where it goes.
Thanks for reading.

Faldark

Nov 17, 2023
Looks like there is no chance to get the link for this mod unless you are from a "proven squad" but i have no other choise but to bite a bullet.
Im humbly asking for a link for this mod, vanilla is just too easy, need to spice things a bit.
Cheers.

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
I have edited the code a bit but it is mainly adding mutations for now and a few other QoL changes. Do you think it would be a worthy effort to change all pictures in the game to get it up again? would I be doing it for naught or would it have an audience?

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
I have edited the code a bit but it is mainly adding mutations for now and a few other QoL changes. Do you think it would be a worthy effort to change all pictures in the game to get it up again? would I be doing it for naught or would it have an audience?
I'd certainly play it, but I think you would be in practical terms starting from scratch in forming an audience

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
I also think it would be a better effort to reimagine it from scratch rather than patching up someone else's code that I don't even fully understand. The things I do with my game don't seem to be significant enough to warrant publishing for now but if I actually change it enough where I can call it another mod or another game altogether I might try publishing it

Reactions: Haamster

ohbrianErr

Apr 21, 2021
I also think it would be a better effort to reimagine it from scratch rather than patching up someone else's code that I don't even fully understand. The things I do with my game don't seem to be significant enough to warrant publishing for now but if I actually change it enough where I can call it another mod or another game altogether I might try publishing it
i'not a coder but im the same guy who have the game and had send a a ton of link out there, also tried to look in its code, and do some thing about it, i say your right we need to start from scratch but with the same idea that game had, with right persons and stuff you can do this.

i realy want to have a "proper and great relase" about this game

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I am of opinion that this mod is almost complete, like 95%. Some end game content was removed/commented out, but its still pretty much same as the base game.

ohbrianErr

Apr 21, 2021
I am of opinion that this mod is almost complete, like 95%. Some end game content was removed/commented out, but its still pretty much same as the base game.
yeah its just a mod For DefilerWings, an old version of this, prety much what the creator did is ad a fresh coat of paint on the gui and ect (not really noticeable things).
i can almost agre on the 95% but i thinks there should be more to bring in or removed from this.

what i did in my attempt to fix the combat and the RNG of the enemies also translate the game properly (since it was a mixed bag of russian and english lol), however as it stated before we need to start from scratch.
what this game need:

need a new desing
rework the combat
add more enemy types to variation (for balance)
more place for exploration
and ect

i tired to make a Discord group for bring this game a back or something like that, wasn't able to grasp anyone attention tho.

WallShrabnic

Apr 8, 2020
This game will not be remade anytime soon, or ever

I personally managed to get a copy of this mod for myself before all this happened and it was fun experience. I didn't like Time for dragons cause it deviated from original ideas too far away for me but I really liked this mod. It's a shame mod author abandoned it, but i understand the underlying reasons. Rest in peace

Eliont

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2018
LOL, long time since last visit here, did not think jman being such a toxic asshole in the end.

Login to grab map that i done for Era Drakonis and decided to check this thread too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sternos345 and caju

ohbrianErr

Apr 21, 2021
LOL, long time since last visit here, did not think jman being such a toxic asshole in the end.

Login to grab map that i done for Era Drakonis and decided to check this thread too.

indeed
props to you to share the game via that download link, its risque but its fine i guess since this game/mod is an abandon-ware

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes