Ren'Py Thirsty Stories [Development Thread]

Jun 5, 2020
Nah I think I'm going to draw some stick figures peeing
1706718961194.png

j/k I'll look into it and see what I can do. Need to transfer objects over to HS2 if that's the case but gotta do some research first.

wetwizard713

Jun 11, 2022
Not sure what effect you're using for pee in HS2, but there's a plug-in called ParticleEditor ( ) which allows you to edit the velocity, thickness, spread pattern, etc as well as the colour and opacity of the default pee particle effect (which is quite thin and has no "power"). I've gotten it to look much more realistic, in the sense that it can arc with different amount of power, and have different colours and whatnot with very little tweaking/effort required. It may take a few minutes to get the gist of what controls what though.

Edit: Ill post some examples when I have the time

Reactions: Woodland Nomad

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Not particularly impressed by the liquid stream effect, but if the switch helps speed up things I wouldn't really mind it either. I was never all that particular about exquisitely photorealistic visuals in these things*, I care far more about the actual lewdness of the scene and a faster development cycle than the merits of the illustration technique used (as long as there ARE some - I don't do text-only stuff). So sure, if it's easier, go for HS...

* with one exception: clothing / straps / ropes hovering an inch off the body (or occasionally an inch inside it) really pushes my buttons in the worst possible way.

Reactions: Woodland Nomad
Jun 5, 2020
Not particularly impressed by the liquid stream effect, but if the switch helps speed up things I wouldn't really mind it either. I was never all that particular about exquisitely photorealistic visuals in these things*, I care far more about the actual lewdness of the scene and a faster development cycle than the merits of the illustration technique used (as long as there ARE some - I don't do text-only stuff). So sure, if it's easier, go for HS...

* with one exception: clothing / straps / ropes hovering an inch off the body (or occasionally an inch inside it) really pushes my buttons in the worst possible way.
wetwizard713 mentioned another one to try that might be better than what I used so I'll look into it. There's not a lot of other things to sim in fluid stuff for HS or HS2. HS at least had a shortcut key to make them pee but IIRC they made everyone pee in a scene so all the jets have to be placed/attached. There's also 2 streams on each one too where one is larger to show some spray (in my 4 hours of doing this it was the only thing close I could find).

Still may go the DAZ3D route since I invested a ton of time in models. The lobby for example, was a scene from another creator - I worked on it to make it look unique. The corridor on the other hand in thirsty stories was made by hand, by me, in blender. I didn't, at the time, want to use anyone else's stuff so the doors, lighting, wood panels (yes they are individually placed), were all done by me.

I need to get back into Southern Nights anyway so this was just a test. TS still has a ton of code changes it needs and I'm using SN as a cannon for it so when I go to TS it will have solid code. I'd hate to abandoned all the work I've done for TS on the daz3d side but if doing HS2 is better I may go that route.

Just wanted to mention too it's something I can't help about the content. I'd prefer more content in both games but I'm still struggling with renders. It should not take this long to make any of these games but it should not take a decent machine like both of mine to render them. Either I am doing something wrong or maybe I'm wrong in thinking the hardware I have will work. Should not take 30 mins to render a still where the MC is talking to a character. I've tried many things including background renders and then rendering the character but this has drawbacks too, mostly with lighting.

I've said both of these games are going to be watersports heavy and they will be because it's what I like but I'm not trying to gate keep anything.

I've also reached out to other devs about fluid sims. They have spent a lot of time tweaking theirs to look good and then others just use another artist so they either don't know how they did it or refuse to say.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo