Unity - The Way [Alpha 1.03 Demo] [Standing Wave Studio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

oborohotsuma

i actually love the physic system but some bug like after you climb with f button the character still walk in the same direction even when you try to change it and some time the character fall for nothing
  2. 4.00 star(s)

pixelgal

Just finished it after 2 hrs of sweat, focus and determination. I really liked the idea of physics based walking, but there were a lot of times I felt like my character was straight up ignoring my inputs and had a mind of its own.

Also, -in my opinion- the camera lens effects look horrible. The chromatic abberation, the lens flares, the random noise that would appear near water and beginning cave... I normally turn off all lens effects in all games (except DoF in some exceptions) so this really made the game hard to look around for paths and dangers.

I love the idea and execution, this game will hopefully conclude my search for an adult game that ticks many features on my checklist. My suggestions are: an option to reduce or disable lens effects, more detailed graphics settings, moving the camera, graphics optimization obv., and maybe a little more responsive movement.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Mgunh1

Buggy as hell, controls are confusing and far from intuitive. You die and die and die and die and die and die and die until you finally make it out of the first area, only to repeat the process.

That said, this actually could be good, if it gets the development it needs. The graphics are great (if in serious need of optimisation) and the movement is fluid. Unfortunately, the dev's behaviour is giving off serious red flags.

My advice? Dodge hard.

Maybe in another 12 to 18 months something might come of this, but given how everything is progressing, I doubt it will survive that long.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

dn2sm

To begin, I'm a person who was capable accepting state of KSP2 or Cyberpunk at the release, so that by itself should say I'm pretty tolerant person for state of EA game... but this...
    Let's start with the most obvious, optimization is at the moment trash and I guess it's okay... especailly with the graphics which is only positive of the game. On my older computer it was laggaging quite a lot, on newer one was running okay but heating even more than with any other AAA game I ever played (It's not a potato, only way I can compare game optimization with it is using heating).
    Now these things I mention are still quite expectable to be in terrible state but the worst thing of all... movement, normally in games you have problems usually only when walking up stairs if there are problems with movement... this game took bugging into new level, you can slip here and if you slip too many times, you just die, now that's cool heh? especially considering that to get out of begging arrea you have to go trough some parcour...

I might just not be target but if I should say shortly who I'd recomend this to - masochists. Enjoy the pain of repeativly trying to get out of starting area.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

BladerayW

This game reminds me of all the elements that made my other favorite games good even in this stage of development. Great work for what has been done to it. I played and got to the Cabin on the lake. Which I think is first demo lock.

PROS:
    1. CHARACTER CUSTOMS, You could mix up the presets for just the right look.
    2. GRAPHICS OMG, for a person that mostly did this solo I'm impressed.
    3. Foliage animation, move across some bushes you'll see what I mean.
    4. Concept, I love the concept. period.
    5. Animation, It was standard and reached par.
    6. The fact that it is an Alpha demo, It means that there will be real improvements. Hopefully good ones.
    CONS:
    1. Fall physics, Yeah, it's good, possibly great, but it was taken too far.
    2. NONE, I can't write a con for something that will be in the game later. which is most of all the cons I have for it.
    It would of been a five but there is definitely room for improvement for a demo. Which will be a tutorial eventually.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

BullDemon

xD what is this exactly, i have been playing for 1 hour and i cant even get out of the mountain you start, no sense... every step you make the MC falls and take damage, i died 15 times, besides that, looks good but need optimization