Mr.Nonnypants

Jan 13, 2021
Hope we could some fan art games in future lol
If Big brother have like 3-4 remakes/spin off's, why The Tyrant never got a single one...
I am thinking about making a spiritual successor to the Tyrant.

It would be called something like “The Ring or the Shield” and keeping in the same themes of blackmail and NTR but actually fulfilling the promise. This would be a passion project so I could do it solely through AI (because my capabilities with 3d modeling software are negative) but I also want to know if people would be interested in seeing something like this.

The basic premise is that the Main Character accidentally blows the cover of his cop mother while interviewing for a job. His private eye stepfather later explains that stumbling upon them puts his entire family at risk and starts the chain of events that could end up wrecking his entire family. If he wants to keep his family safe he needs to help repair her cover while they continue their investigation.

The player choices would drive two mechanics. An investigation progress mechanic and a cover mechanic. The better the cover the less the player’s mother will have to work to maintain it. The worse the cover the more she will need to choose between her Ring or her Shield. Character’s actions can either hinder or progress the investigation and this progress will determine which ending the characters receive.

I have already mapped out the basic plot points for the entire story with 4 possible endings and a few sub endings based on love interests, however I am weighing the benefits of a sandbox versus a visual novel.

There would be 5 distinct love interests. 2 Younger step sisters. A Girlfriend. The bosses daughter from his workplace and a secret love interest.

With the glut of NTR games I found myself going back to this concept and thinking about all the untapped potential. Though in the end its just a script and a couple of images for the moment.

isanchez

Sep 21, 2017

It would be called something like “The Ring or the Shield” and keeping in the same themes of blackmail and NTR but actually fulfilling the promise. This would be a passion project so I could do it solely through AI (because my capabilities with 3d modeling software are negative) but I also want to know if people would be interested in seeing something like this.

The basic premise is that the Main Character accidentally blows the cover of his cop mother while interviewing for a job. His private eye stepfather later explains that stumbling upon them puts his entire family at risk and starts the chain of events that could end up wrecking his entire family. If he wants to keep his family safe he needs to help repair her cover while they continue their investigation.

The player choices would drive two mechanics. An investigation progress mechanic and a cover mechanic. The better the cover the less the player’s mother will have to work to maintain it. The worse the cover the more she will need to choose between her Ring or her Shield. Character’s actions can either hinder or progress the investigation and this progress will determine which ending the characters receive.

I have already mapped out the basic plot points for the entire story with 4 possible endings and a few sub endings based on love interests, however I am weighing the benefits of a sandbox versus a visual novel.

There would be 5 distinct love interests. 2 Younger step sisters. A Girlfriend. The bosses daughter from his workplace and a secret love interest.

With the glut of NTR games I found myself going back to this concept and thinking about all the untapped potential. Though in the end its just a script and a couple of images for the moment.
(y)

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017

hell yes:):love: (y)

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022

Just throw a Demo when u started and let us know ur patreon page to support u.

Mr.Nonnypants

Jan 13, 2021
Just throw a Demo when u started and let us know ur patreon page to support u.
For anyone interested in the idea: go vote on the poll here https://f95zone.to/threads/the-tyrant-spiritual-successor.184928/
I will be using that to determine what I need to do next.

Regarding the demo and patreon. I really mean it when I say this will be a passion project. I dont plan on putting up a patreon as I dont want to have any obligations. Instead I would be releasing them as whenever I feel like it. Rather than being pressured to release something every month, I can be honest and say anything. If I dont feel like working on it for a month or two then I can just say it. It's purely for entertainment rather than making anything off of it.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
For anyone interested in the idea: go vote on the poll here https://f95zone.to/threads/the-tyrant-spiritual-successor.184928/
I will be using that to determine what I need to do next.

Regarding the demo and patreon. I really mean it when I say this will be a passion project. I dont plan on putting up a patreon as I dont want to have any obligations. Instead I would be releasing them as whenever I feel like it. Rather than being pressured to release something every month, I can be honest and say anything. If I dont feel like working on it for a month or two then I can just say it. It's purely for entertainment rather than making anything off of it.
Great approach! Anyway later if u see u enjoy and many people line ur work u can still make a pazreon acvlunt. But i fully understand ur way of tbinking.

manabasha

Feb 15, 2022

Sounds promising, go ahead.
Please dont abandon it, and provide a walkthrough for each path.
Im waiting for it :)

Mr.Nonnypants

Jan 13, 2021
Sounds promising, go ahead.
Please dont abandon it, and provide a walkthrough for each path.
Im waiting for it :)
I am going to have to disappoint you as there will be absolutely no walkthrough on my end. It's not going to be a sandbox but hopefully the story will be engaging enough that people pay attention to the choices they make and remember them.

lamby3252

May 3, 2020

I would play it if you made it.

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes