Ren'Py - Abandoned - The Tyrant [v0.9.4b] [Saddoggames]

1. 3.00 star(s)

lvlup

It has so much potential but falls slightly short. The renders are very good, the initial setup leads to many corruption/blackmail/forced scenes and the characters themselves are interesting.

Unfortunately, character progression is all over the place. They submit too quickly with no reluctance and buildup making the scenes feel empty and without impact on story development.

There game quickly turns in a loop and slight (however not overdone) grind. It is worth picking up but it could have been (still can?) much more.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

NierM

The Tyrant offers a lot of hot lewd scenes, especially going down the corruption route. Only a few scenes are animated as of now but the game is constantly updated. The game got a little janky when you force pregnancies but that can always be turned off. NTR can also be avoided.

Overall a good game with a lot of corrpution/forced scenes. Only issue is that the characters submit to you almost instantly, good for a fap, not for story.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

moowallcow

Tyrant has great renders, an interesting story, and it stands out against most other top Ren'Py games for it's uniqueness. Unfortunately, the faults outnumber the positives. Terrible writing and even worse dialogue are two of the biggest sins here; I don't think the creator is a native English speaker... Gameplay is meh. There's certainly worse out there. It's lots of repeat X, go here at w/e time to trigger w/e event, etc. Walkthrough or cheat mod is necessary. Development time on this game has been atrocious, and peaking at the code it's no wonder each update takes forever. The code is a mess, which would make adding new content a time-consuming pain.

So, neat vision, but the execution of that vision is pretty bad.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

guest1492

Decent renders. Horrible story, poor gameplay, grindy, bad dialogue, bad english.

Most events are not removed/changed after other story events should have affected them. I first played this two years ago and after playing again now I see there is a lot more content, but the same problems still persist.
  5. M
    3.00 star(s)

Mahat

The main character is certainly the biggest asshole you could find in any lewd game around. He's certainly the most manipulative and that doesn't care about anyone other than his penis. This makes things a bit weird at times, but the nsfw elements of the game make it worth playing. Still, I won't be playing future updates.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

K18

A waste of time grindy & repetitive open world game. The repeated "Be at 'X' place at 'X' time to trigger story event" and random guessing type of game.

The story events don't carry over into the open world/free-roaming part of the game, which is a big issue. Example, you can get rid of certain characters in the story, but those said characters will appear again in the free-roaming as if nothing happened and the other characters not reacting to the story events. Or when you have MC in a romantic relationship with the main girls like Nicole and Cassandra in the story events, but in the free-roaming there's no changes or callbacks to the story developments. With Cassandra, she will still be seen with her previous boyfriend as a couple like nothing happened in the free-roam part. Same with Nicole, Bruce is still hanging other even after you got rid off him and that Nicole bumped him.

On the story, where the MC either saves his family from the crime involvement and get rid of the annoying thugs, or MC corrupts them and part-take fully in the crimes, or does nothing and gets cuckolded. I focused on saving the family and getting rid of the thugs while romancing the girls. Over time the main story aspects seems lost, leaving storylines all over the parts and just quickly glanced over the part of getting rid the thugs. In 0.9.1 Davide the gang boss is easily gotten rid of and is just treated a petty criminal instead of the big threat at the beginning of the story.

Most of game development seems to focused on fixing bugs in free-roaming and/or focused on the netorare/cuckolding route and the corruption route of the game. Little to no progression in the love/romantic route. Which sometimes isn't clear which route you're on. No character development with the side female characters. Repetitive scenes from early parts of the game are still around.

This game's only saving grace is the decent renders of the female models. Those characters mainly being Nicole, then Cassandra and Irina, etc.

The game would've been better if just focused on the story and character development with a more linear plot. Story driven, without the free-roaming/open world aspect in the game as it adds nothing to the story.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

mahem

I have a love hate relionship with this game.

a verry good story but, the story gets weird and weirder as you progress.
    meaning.
    people that are dead are still around.
    people behave in some scenes the same as when the game started out
    so the further you get in this game the more the story lines start to mingle up

i think the dev is focusing to much on new scenes , while he lost all sight of the story.

i realy would reccomend he started to look back, and takes a look what a story line have for impact at earlier scenes.

i still think this could be a one of the best stories ,,,when it wouldnt be such a mess
  8. 4.00 star(s)

snowhazard

Goodjob Saddoggames to make this game because have much great scene out of the gate, awesome render, plenty of beauty womens , and moral degradation. Also I love variety super lewd situation to build the game around
  9. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

It's average as a combination of it's art and gameplay. It has decent renders, it has some nice fetishes (like the pregnancy choices), but it is absolutely burdened by a game design that is open world grind and repetition. Even with the cheat enabled it's an example of a game that has complexity for complexities sake, it doesn't add to the game experience it just slows it down.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

johnneye8

overall good, problem with some bugs and typos, and at time story can be inconsistent. Good art, and unique story not found in most other games. Hoping the developer would finish it and add some more extreme scenes
  11. 2.00 star(s)

fgh6

For a game that's been in development for a few years I expected more from this below average mess, so many repeated scenes, story is below average and the corrupt/love system is flawed and too simple.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: v0.8.5 fix

PROS:
    - Good renders of female characters models
    - Regular sex scenes

CONS:
    - Extremely repeatable
    - A lot of grind
    - No dialog options
    - Waste of Time

Review:
    I saw this game and soon I was very interested in playing it, has a lot of likes, the models of the female characters are attractive and that maybe it could have a good story or a good gameplay. But then you are fooled yourself.
    History:
    It is the most pathetic I have ever seen. The MC returns home to meet his family, in the house lives the mother of the MC (Nicole), and his two sisters (Cassandra & Alexis) and with his supposed father (Bruce) and a guy, who sells drugs and is a gang leader (Davide), who is there to fuck Nicole and who knows her two sisters. The game has NTR, I mean, the game is NTR. You decide to join the gang or not, and choose to be a little good boy or a bad boy.
    Gameplay:
    It's a sandbox torture. You will always be doing the same thing, always, there comes a time when you get tired of so much repetition and grinding. No doubts it is one of the worst games that has quite torturous gameplay. The choice is between choosing Love (green) or corruption (red), just that, nothing more. It has a mechanism of progression of points, where you have to increase the relationship with the characters and decrease if you want to see the NTR content.
    It is quite pathetic for a game with almost 3gb download size.
    Graphics & Sex Content:
    The graphics are good and the renders are good too. Especially Nicole’s render which is great, The sexual content of this game is almost impossible to see, because with so much grind that the game has and with so much repetition it becomes difficult, it's much better to waste time playing Dark Souls on maximum difficulty than to waste time playing this. Honestly, the sexual content is good, but it was very difficult for me to get to see the full content, if by chance to own.
    I'm not exaggerating, I spent a lot of time playing this, I even used cheats to increase the progress of the points, and nothing.

So, why did i give 1 stars?
    I see it as a waste of content, maybe I played this game wrong, I don't know, I downloaded this game twice and tried different methods, I searched for the walkthrough but that didn't help me much. The story of this game is totally pathetic, as there is no specific script for you to follow the plot of the characters, there is none of that, it is just a few dialogues and the choices are totally useless, you choose green or red. The gameplay of this game is a torture of so much repetition that it has, you end up getting pretty tired, and you keep playing because you think you’re doing something wrong or that you’re going to unlock a scene or something. This game had everything to have potential, have comfortable gameplay, a story to follow and content to enjoy. But it’s totally different, the game ends up being the opposite of that, I see this game as a wasted potential, because some sexual scenes are good and the models too, and what was really missing is a gameplay and a story script to follow. Anyway, for a game of almost 3gb download size, I do not recommend it. Try another game, if you want. A rating of 1 star is more than fair.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

choontz

The game oozes charm and unique design. Go for it without any reservations, it's an experience you don't want to miss. Review is about 0.8.4 that I played without any mods.

Intense immersion is how I would describe this game. It's strutured as a free roam game/this-is-your-life, do what you want to, type of game all the way through, with "events" in your home that drag you into different stories. The grind is there if you want it, but is very light and pretty much optional. Jobs in town were basic placeholders at the time I played, but it didn't take much away from the immersion.

The way the renders are done is beautiful and special, even though there are technically other games that pull off higher visual qualitiy, it's the human charm and facial expressions of the renders in "The Tyrant" that grips you. It's like the difference between a plastic barbie doll and a hand made goofy toy you absolutely adore. A lot of love and care clearly went into this aspect of "The Tyrant".

The expressions on all the girls' faces can be hilarious or heartbreaking, depending on context and player actions. They also react to the things you do in consistent ways, and there's none of that "everybody insta-spreads their legs, because you're the player character" disease here.

An important, really well done aspect in this game is dressing up your girls. Not only do you get to buy them a variety of cool clothes, but you can (relations permitting) order them to wear what you like around the house, and they actually do. Seeing the same day-by-day scenes, it's surprisingly refreshing when they wear new clothes, and sometimes changes the interactions making them more naughty or less. You can tell months of work by the dev went into doing this part of the game just RIGHT. Great and highly appreciated attention to detail.

The writing is mature, interesting, and often very funny even though grammar and spelling sucks, you don't notice because there's a distinct "Italian" foreign movie flavour to the family and the social interactions in the game that actually goes well with the occasional text mistakes. So it feels like reading subtitles on an Italian slice of life movie, and you can easily pretend the translation isn't that great, but you're still loving the movie.

Adorable characters, and an extremely well done "hot mom" (I normally do not go for that fetish, but she won all my dick with her personality and emotional versatility). Highly recommend this game to everyone.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

faibolx

The idea and the female characters are amazing, but the time line on which the events happen is sometimes confuse resulting in a mess of save points in my case.

I played by myself without following any guide, and I really was confused to see I was able to complete achievements of three different paths and after completed there was a lot more to discover, which I did, don't even knowing how.

I trust this game is a goldmine and I'm confident about the future updates. Having fun!
  15. 3.00 star(s)

noctred

Game seems fairly buggy.

It's not uncommon for events to trigger out of sequence - definitely awkward when you've progressed a character past a certain point and then you trigger an event which takes place at an earlier stage of progression. The dialog makes no sense, the scene makes no sense, and it just generally breaks the feeling of continuity. Actually happens quite a lot.

Aside from that, I love the game. The character models are great (especially Nicole... damn), the fetishes are exactly what I was looking for, and the scenes are hot.

Fix all of the event bugs and it'll probably be a top game for me.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

zeratulek

Best ntr/master/incest experience u can get from a game. I thought that other popular games would be better but definitely not.

Hovewer theres a lot of bugs, its more like a sandbox instead of story because your choices doesnt matter and u can see some scenes multiple times with different endings after increse/decrease some of the relationship points.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

idemandfood

Reviewed v0.8.2

I want to love this game, but inconsistent character behaviours, events that are out of wack and incredibly grindy gameplay really prevent this game from getting an excellent rating. I want to preface this review by saying I love the corruption genre a lot, it’s the reason I started this game. I’ve acquired the taste for NTR recently and it has allowed me to enjoy the game a little more. However, the underlying issues still exist whether you are playing hard mode, NTR on mode or just standard mode no NTR.

The renders/models are visually appealing, I love the female characters in this game (initially not a big fan of the elder sister but she’s grown onto me). Most environments are uninspiring and bland, lack creativity and seems to serve as a backdrop for interactions and conversations. In terms of the colour, we see a variety in the palette owing to the many places you can go to. H-scenes are really hot and those looking for a quick release may find it here. Animations are slowly being added to the game (I can only think of one atm however there should be a couple more) and they are super nice. A complaint would be lack of gallery however I think focus should be on gameplay and character development.

Gameplay wise its simple, point and click, make decisions and live with the consequences. You can earn money which can be used to buy gym pass, presents or new outfits for the girls, however it’s feels super grindy especially when its tied up with the girls progression (the presents are used to increase either their corruption or love and give small incremental values). If it wasn’t for the cheat engine I would have probably given up earlier and completely skipped the scenes, I really hope this gets a rethink at least because there is only one repeatable job at the moment.

Not much to write about the story, it’s still in it’s infancy and there seems to be a lot of ground to cover still. What I’ve seen so far is interesting and sets the story up for some great action towards the end. Some events play out of sequence, chronologically completely wack. This leads to some inconsistent character behaviours and in the context of the game very strange indeed. Some scenes you have the wife acting loose whereas in another scene she may be adamant on anything impure and this can occur back to back. It really breaks my immersion and definitely one thing that I hope is improved upon.

The Tyrant has a lot of potential to become any awesome game however currently there are issues that make the game hard to play, time-consuming and disengaging.

Pros
    • Some lovely renders/models
    • Hot H-scenes
    • Navigation isn’t bad at all
    Cons
    • Bland, lifeless environments
    • Grindy McGrindy Grind
    • Inconsistent character behaviour caused by out of sequence events
    • No gallery
    Suggestions
    • Focus to tweak the money earning activities
    • Gallery, removes the need for repeatable events that make character behaviour seem inconsistent
    • Keep up the awesome work Saddoggames
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Truskrock221

if you are into really dark stuff this is for you.

only bad thing is the lack of movement while sex. something like milf city implemented in this can make this gold. other than that, a LOT of scenes repeat, like almost every scene you could say, its still worth your time though
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Keldar

[Based on 0.81 release]
    So this game is a bit of a hot mess. It suffers from event grind that can result in events firing out of sequence with the narrative spoken of in the event.

Devs seem to be in love with grinding, this results in some terrible narrative stories. Some games thrive on little to no story holiday island comes to mind that does nothing but repeatable events with little to no narrative and because there is no narrative to weave into the events it works but these games get reparative and boring.

Then you get narratively driven stories that have no repeatable events like To be a rock star and the narrative flows based on player choice. The usual complaint about these games is that it content is consumed quickly.

This game tries to be a VN using repeatable events and the narrative gets lost in the shuffle. I constintly run into situation where I am intimate with a character and the event is pre sex so they treat me like we haven't had sex. It ruins the flow of the story.

Now add in a large serving of the grind which is yet another mechanic that ruins the flow of a narrative as the story gets delivered not when it logically should but when the player gets enough of X grind finished.

The game isn't crap, the stills are decent characters look different enough that it isn't like clones with the same body and different hairdos walking about. The game mechanics seem to work as intended it just hurts the game. The animations range from good the meh, and the sex scenese are short but there are multiple sex scenes.

This game claims to be a Visual novel but it doesn't play like one at all it is an event time management game with enough content to not be a barren waste land. Also the UI lets you know where characters are located so you are not clicking around blindly with nothing to do.

I really think this game would have been better served as an ACTUAL VN and not a game that is a series of repeatable events. try the game but don't be surprised if you get bored and move on because of the grind and the repetitive nature of the events.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

hisstoryman

This game like a few others i can mention are like a goddess with osteoporosis. Looks great visually but with bad bones. They break with the first application of stress. So that leads to one of two conclusions, either it was Coded by a room full of chimps on LSD or the developer learned the base mininum of coding and just stopped there.
    It is a shame because there is a good game in here, somewhere. The plor is interesting with a few trails the MC can go down. This positive is soon overcome by the constant repition of the same scenes over and over and over and ov.... but I digress, sorry. The models are diverse and the sex is pretty hot. Unfortunately the MC looks like Sammy Hagar during his Montrose days. I love Sammy and I dug Montrose but for gameplay a completely 1st POV would have been better.
    The game is updated quite a bit, but they are way too short. The dev should release less often which would lead to story moving gameplay and hopefully less of a buggy mess.
    So three stars for the visuals and the game that could have been.