• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py The Survival of Sarah Rose [v0.1.9.9] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just in case:

I don't do this often but I have a weather event coming at me. In case I lose power here's a temp build of SanchoMod v0.90 that is an updated Core mod, the ChoiceGuide through v0.80, but no ChoiceGuide in the new v0.90 content yet.

This will at least allow you to tweak stuff now if you're impatient, and have access to previous guide. I don't have time at the moment to list all the additional features but they include things like the latest SanchoHotKeys, the new QM HoverMode (see post in UoP here for details on that new feature), etc.

I gotta do some quick prep and insure the generator will fire off... I'll be dormant for a bit.

SanchoMod - TSOSR v0.90 - Beta (WIP):

I'll be back ASAP.
Thank you for that. For me, I am fine, if worse comes to worse, I got TONS of games on Steam and GOG I could play, or maybe even ROMs and Emulators, so I am not lacking in things to play tonight, but those who are, glad there is a second choice.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Apologies for the delay, rough night.

Regardless I'm close to finishing up. The branches are splitting so much on this tree that I'm doing my best to let the player know what they might or might not be missing during choices. For example:
1673199444622.png

Anyway, I'm back to it. Shouldn't be much longer. Regards.

Reactions: JennaJJ and T800

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.90)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above have populate associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Make sense? Hopefully I described it fully and coherently. You might have to read it twice so it all sinks in. Anyway, here's a teaser of the new HoverMode inside SanchoOptions:
1673207542249.png

Reactions: starnight090

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (v0.90)

Go get you some.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards and enjoy.
I didn't realize until now that this update was mainly the mage storyline. I'll probably do the mage storyline later on, but for now, it did at least load for me. ;) Seriously though, thank you so much for your work on this!

Reactions: damnedfrog

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I didn't realize until now that this update was mainly the mage storyline. I'll probably do the mage storyline later on, but for now, it did at least load for me. ;) Seriously though, thank you so much for your work on this!
Thank you for the kinds words m'lady. Yepper, this dev is basically trying to update one or two paths/branches per update at this point from what it seems. I should have put that in the update info so it was clear (not many folks read the VN's changelog most of the time). I'll figure out some way to alert folks as updates progress whats-what before hand so hopes and expectations don't get squashed. Regards to you and yours as always.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so the gallery is unusable for now?
The dev is working on a proper gallery. I'll work with him as he needs so it's like he wants it. In regards to SanchoGallery I have not implemented since the scenes are generally extremely short and contain very few images. Every time I start to populate it on each update I end up deleting all the code as it just feels... not necessary. I'm on the fence I guess.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Doesn't work at the moment, simply crashes the game
Give me a bit to update the code. The VN is 84k (yes, 84,000) lines of code long and SanchoMod is 6k lines. There's not a whole lot of new content so this shouldn't take long but I must revisit previous choices of anything that has new content to insure the ChoiceGuide is correct and up to date, etc. Plus, I just got done working all day and thought I was done, I'm not overly motivated at the moment but I've started the porting process regardless. I'll get 'er done bud, just give me a bit time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I'm having to go pretty damned far back in the VN to update old choices. Here I simply added the Jaeid path info. Good thing I advised a save point here from the very beginning:
1677026275719.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I rekcon I'm done. Give me a bit to compile and bench test the public package. Took a bit longer due to me porting the latest v7 Core over (most of it was there but not all). Thank you for your patience... It's now a race to see if I finish this first or raise the white flag for ~1hr and grab a bite to eat.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, it's not the most chronological order of version numbers, but nonetheless:

SanchoMod Update (v0.1.9)
1677034820781.png
Go get you some.

Changelog:
  • Updated to the latest version of the VN
  • Updated to the latest version of the mod's Core

Regards and enjoy.

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, I'm having to go pretty damned far back in the VN to update old choices. Here I simply added the Jaeid path info. Good thing I advised a save point here from the very beginning:
That far back, huh? Well, MAME was updated today, and I am glad with where it was going for the playthrough, so maybe I will explore that later on. For now, it loaded anyways. ;) Thank you for your work on this mod.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote