VN - Ren'Py - The Sunset Fairies [v0.08] [Ethan Krautz]

1. 2.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

TLDR: This one could be an enjoyable story but at this point I'd skip it until the dev finds an editor.

The Good:
    Visuals - The LI models are super cute as the preview images show. The renders themselves are well done and the non LI models are well done.

The Meh:
    Animations - It has them and they're decent.

Story - While there aren't many zombie games, the few that do have a much more interesting story then this one but it's not that bad.. just a bit boring.

The Ugly:
    Writing - This is where this game suffers the most BUT is also where it could easily be turned around. The dev desperately needs to find a native English speaker who can go over and correct their script. As is the audience is just constantly being pulled out of the story by how badly it's written.

MC Model - MC suffers from an unfortunate medical condition known as "telephone pole dick". Unfortunately this can make scenes with those beautiful LIs a huge let down.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 15555

So far there is only an introduction to the story so I can't say a lot about the whole game (no animation or sex scenes yet), I will update this in the future.
    So far we have --->
    *Interesting story. (zombie-themed)
    *Nice and cute girls (3 cute redheads, 2 hot milfs)
    100% Recommended.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Silverthorn

Interesting story so far, with good models. There are a few things that could be ironed out, but for an intro it's great. Personally I could do without the comically oversized breasts, but I know they exist and many people seem to love them.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Hawkeye3d

This is the single worst intro i have ever played. It has zero adult content or even any that hints at future adult scenes. Drawings may be great but they're useless in this story line. Speaking of story line, it completed itself in the intro, so unless this is going to be some kind of A-Team like kids tale, it has nowhere else to go.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

KGB_Bonobo

Good renders, the girls look amazing. It has stiff and unnatural writing; but that's not really a dealbreaker. No real content in this demo and it is very short, but I will definitely check out its first real update, as I feel it has promise.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

oh45

[Reviewed: "Intro"]
    There's very, very little here at this point. You can spend almost as much time tweaking the settings for the GUI as it takes to read through the story. This intro has no choices, although as this game is marked as a Visual Novel, that's presumably going to change in the subsequent updates.

The story starts with the protagonist, implied as being an elite combat operative who can be tasked with assassinations, is about to start some required R&R after such a mission. But, even as he's supposedly about to get time with his family, it becomes clear that his mission is entangled with his (and his twin nieces) personal lives...somehow.

We're briefly introduced to a couple of co-operatives (female) along with the protagonist's mother and his sister, the mother of the twins. The family seems to be "extreme ginger" except for the protagonist, and possibly the mom. The twins look to be younger than high school age, although we have no details there. The twins are dropped off with the protagonist while the mom and sister need to go somewhere else for two weeks. My guess is that we won't be seeing anything from these two women after this, but with the shortness of this intro I could easily be wrong.

The images are perfectly fine with DAZ-style models. There's some music as the game begins but I didn't hear anything once the story started. There are some sound effects used appropriately in the story. The protagonist's name can be changed, but not through a typical story prompt. Instead we have a settings choice to change it. (This change is accomplished by a filtered substitution for the default name "Ethan" with the provided name. This seems awkward to me, as it's pretty straightforward in Ren'Py to have a [mc] in strings instead of a hard-coded "Ethan", have the mc Character be given [player_name] as it's name.)

The story text (which naturally ends with a bit of a cliff-hanger) feels a bit clumsy to me in places, but it's not too bad. I could nitpick and note that numbers should be spelled out, except when they come from computations or tunables (such as when assigning ages to the twins), and that "okey" shouldn't be used unless one is trying to sound geeky.

I've rated this a "good" (4 stars) with the hope that it'll keep going reasonably strong with the story.