• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py The Sinful City Fight For Love [v0.25] [Peacemaker]

4.40 star(s) 12 Votes

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
I would've given this a go but genuinely can't read the text based on font used etc, has anyone made a fix for it?
URM can edit text & textboxes of pretty much any RenPy game. Install it in the game folder, start/load your game, press alt+m, on the left find the textboxes tab. check enabled and press add, and the next screen has all kinds of options for text and the textboxes.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
The age setting of the daughters are annoying to me. If anyone can help me with this? Is Oldest 20, second young 18, third 15, youngest 13?
I agree.

I guess MC age was changed to 43 now, and I guess he had the eldest at around 22 years old.

So ages could start with 21, 19, 17, and 14 (but this one is questionable)? I find it odd placing that age on the youngest, as we only saw her at a soccer match. (She hasn't developed any signs of womanhood, so maybe 11 or 12?)

And I gave Chloe an age of 16 (she has shown signs of maturing, and she seems like 15-16 year old, also she said she is between the ages of MC's two youngest daughters (17-12).

Anyone want to share their choice of ages? This info can help others who are looking for answers.

Update....(Fuck) OK, now I just found out Micky is about to go to college, so she is in the 18-19 age group. This is hard to put ages on MC's daughters.

Regards.

Last edited:

frozted

Jan 28, 2018
I agree.

I guess MC age was changed to 43 now, and I guess he had the eldest at around 22 years old.

So ages could start with 21, 19, 17, and 14 (but this one is questionable)? I find it odd placing that age on the youngest, as we only saw her at a soccer match. (She hasn't developed any signs of womanhood, so maybe 11 or 12?)

And I gave Chloe an age of 16 (she has shown signs of maturing, and she seems like 15-16 year old, also she said she is between the ages of MC's two youngest daughters (17-12).

Anyone want to share their choice of ages? This info can help others who are looking for answers.

Update....(Fuck) OK, now I just found out Micky is about to go to college, so she is in the 18-19 age group. This is hard to put ages on MC's daughters.

Regards.
I personally put Micky at 19, Abi at 17, Isi at 15 and Miley at 12.

TheOnlyKong

Mar 18, 2019
URM can edit text & textboxes of pretty much any RenPy game. Install it in the game folder, start/load your game, press alt+m, on the left find the textboxes tab. check enabled and press add, and the next screen has all kinds of options for text and the textboxes.
Tbh this is such an over the top response. Just hit the "A" button and the accessibility options come up. Then turn on high contrast text. Not every game enables this, but it's enabled for this one.

Examples of it off vs on.

Last edited:

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
The official release tomorrow or the next day will have the text fixed.
Depends a lot on upload speed but maybe even today. frozted provided me with proofreading and now I just need to put it in final version of the script and one new animations and we are done. Then only thing left to do is build pc and mac versions and upload everything. This update will get three versions HQ version, Balanced and compressed version for people that have problem downloading anything larger then 3gb Also people do know this game is 0.2 it’s true but it already have about 3600 rendes and 46 animations so It’s normal that it is starting to be heavy in size. Also people do know 4k is maybe not yet standard I get that but some people do use it and yes like me some may even use tv as a monitor, so it’s not fair if I just theater to your need, so if there is 10gb, 5gb and 2gb version can you stop complaining about the need for 10gb or 5gb one. Lower quality version will never be my default one.

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
The default looks terrible too, its just an easy option to fix the problem that's already built into the game. Doing all the URM shit is so unnecessary and over the top.
The font will be fixed or are you talking about something else?

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
I hate how text box look it darkens the render and imo it looks bad no matter how you create it. So white letters with coded black outline imo looks better. This screenshot is worse case situation and imo it’s perfectly readable.

TheOnlyKong

Mar 18, 2019
I hate how text box look it darkens the render and imo it looks bad no matter how you create it. So white letters with coded black outline imo looks better. This screenshot is worse case situation and imo it’s perfectly readable.
This is better but the other UI elements are still hard to read. Ultimately I don't care that much, if you don't make a good ui, I will fix it myself since I (so far) like the rest of the game.

The entire point of my post is that the solution to the problem so many people are complaining about is literally built into the renpy engine.

Peacemaker93

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2023
This is better but the other UI elements are still hard to read. Ultimately I don't care that much, if you don't make a good ui, I will fix it myself since I (so far) like the rest of the game.

The entire point of my post is that the solution to the problem so many people are complaining about is literally built into the renpy engine.
Good point I will code outline into it.

Jul 14, 2017
Think the game has potential, looking forward to seeing the actual 2.0 version. Best of luck dev!

Still not exactly sure why the game files include like whole episodes of TV shows though... might wanna get rid of those to lower the file size lol

4.40 star(s) 12 Votes