sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Game wont even start for me. Goes straight to white screen with "Not Responding"
There's been a rash of people recently that's had this issue where the game won't start or crash immediately. And a lot of them have been because the sound drivers weren't installed correctly or renpy couldn't find the sound card or something similar. I'd try looking into that first.

Reactions: seraph1995

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
There's been a rash of people recently that's had this issue where the game won't start or crash immediately. And a lot of them have been because the sound drivers weren't installed correctly or renpy couldn't find the sound card or something similar. I'd try looking into that first.
reading that just threw me back 25 years to the times when sound cards were a big thing... and could cause so many issues with games.
anyone else here remember the good old Soundblasters?

KL_Creative_Labs_Soundblaster_AWE64_Gold_CT4390.jpg

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
reading that just threw me back 25 years to the times when sound cards were a big thing... and could cause so many issues with games.

View attachment 3586112
I had Sound Blaster 16 Vibra at that time. Once I had to manually edit config file for VGA version of LSL 1 to make sound work properly - for some reason pirated version of that was missing setup.exe and playing it with built-in speaker blasting out was attracting too much attention.

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
Never had a Soundblaster, but I remember having to get a separate soundcard for my PC back in the day because I was heavy into emulation and soundcards had a specific port that I needed to plug my controller into.

Ah, the horrible, horrible days before widespread USB use...

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is well.
I come to share the latest news and some previews posted on Discord by Maddening

Hey Everyone! Don't worry, this isn't bad news.

**TLDR:** Real life is keeping the team busy, but the artists are still chugging along as fast as our Patreon income allows. You can expect smaller updates with new art/content/bug-fixes in the near future. Also, check Patreon for a sneak peak at even more upcoming art! (all content will be free, this is just an early preview for patrons)

**What is this?**
I've been toying with the idea of starting something like a devlog for a little while, and the team likes to be transparent about how things are going, so let me know if this is something you want us to keep doing. I figure it can be like a monthly thing, or more frequent if there's enough stuff to talk about.

**What's next**
Our 0.4 update came out a few weeks ago now and since then we've been making progress towards 0.5. As per the roadmap, our next long term goals are the quirk overhaul and wardrobe stuff.

**Quirks**
The quirk overhaul is pretty involved because it doesn't just involve adding new code and writing, it means retroactively changing a bunch of stuff as well (because we're masochists). Old events have to be partially rewritten to fit our new system, but this won't break saves or anything so don't worry. Ultimately, this means you probably shouldn't expect changes to the quirk system in the short term, and instead expect that stuff when we're closer to full v0.5.

**Wardrobes**
New art is something constantly being drawn in the background while we write and code new parts of the game. The only limiting factor for that is income. This means the smaller updates we have planned for the near future will be mainly focused on bug crushing and adding new clothing options and sex poses as they're ready. The goal for full v0.5 will be for the girl's to have as many clothing options as they did when v0.2 initially released.

**Update depth and frequency**
It's around that time of year where people either have finals if they're still in school, life is getting busier due to work, or any number of other reasons. This holds true for the team as well so things have been a bit busy for us IRL. On the other hand, as mentioned previously, art is continuously chugging along in the background regardless of how fast the rest of development goes.

**New art**
On that note, there have been a few recent previews that might have flown under the radar, and some brand new stuff as well.

If you want early access to uncensored NSFW art previews, those are available to paid members over on Patreon, like this one which literally just went out :): (again this is all content everyone will eventually get for free, patrons just get an early look)

As always, thank you so much for all the support!
- Maddening

-Previews
View attachment 3580486
View attachment 3580494
View attachment 3580495
View attachment 3580496
View attachment 3580497
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the feet look...weird. really, really weird.

Reactions: longdongwong69k

qarnac

Jul 4, 2019
I've maxed out both the girls stats and keep hanging with them at the pool, still can't seem trigger this friendship event
Every once in a while you need to ask Jean and Anna whether you can date anyone else just to find out. Laura is already ok with MC dating Jean and Anna. What worked for me was to use the "Start Following" button (Thanks to whoever mentioned that earlier). You can do this with all 3 girls at once or just pair up the ones who need to improve their relationship. Everywhere you go, they go. You can take a shower with them and even have them all sleep over. Swimming in the pool seems to work the best. I had them swimming from morning til night on the weekends. I also had them going to class together which is assumed to help as well.
BTW, I didn't see friendship as an "event". Instead, I still had to ask Jean and Anna (she held out the longest) whether I could date the other girls before I knew for sure.

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017

View attachment 3586112
I do, they were all shit. Soundblasters are still technically around but the tech is largely obsolete.

The integrated sound chips realtek makes for motherboards blow them out of the water and dedicated external DACs blow those out of the water. Internal high end sound cards were always gonna die out since they were originally created to offload sound processing from the CPU in an era where sound processing was actually a taxing workload for even high end CPU's, which became unnecessary with advances in CPU power and software.

Second, as GPU's got bigger and needed more power they produced more EM radiation as a result, this messed with the analog outputs from the soundcards since they often sat right next to the GPU. Even modern mobo's have to isolate PCB layers for sound output, just making the DAC an external device solved the problem for the high end rigs and for low end internal DACs and amps were enough even with the added distortion.

Modern DACs have gotten to the point where a $80 one is transparent, works off USB, and can output to any analog amp. There is simply no reason for sound cards to exist anymore.

Last edited:

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
to the writers/artists. I have an idea for an event for chapter 2 that I wanna run by you. in Fall, you can host a small Halloween party where we can see the various people in different costumes

• Red Heart
Reactions: abidinzubizaretta13

SolSpell

May 1, 2022
to the writers/artists. I have an idea for an event for chapter 2 that I wanna run by you. in Fall, you can host a small Halloween party where we can see the various people in different costumes
Jean can be dressed as Eve from "Invincible" and Laura as Alice from "American McGee's Alice".

Reactions: Sayajin2205

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Is there an option to have Rogue to be more dominant?
Don't activate her quirk and she defaults to being a switch in the bedroom.

Will each girl have a sub or dom path?
Not a dedicated path. Most girls will be equal opportunity lovers by default. We just haven't finished the art for them being on top yet.

I know it can be frustrating but we're still in Alpha despite the presentation.

Halloween was one of the first "special events" I suggested. We're gonna be doing holidays for each chapter. Chapter 1 may be a bit difficult because it starts in Fall/Autumn but we've stated multiple times that girls will continue to get content in future chapters.

Jean can be dressed as Eve from "Invincible" and Laura as Alice from "American McGee's Alice".
Both of these have been discussed internally on the dev team and among the community in discord. Needless to say it's highly desired.

Rogue could be Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite lol
This makes way too much sense thematically. I'm gonna run it by Ron.

Or "Rouge the Bat" for the wordplay
I... don't even know what that'd look like. I'm kinda afraid lol

or the doomer girl from the meme
Yes. Buttholder

Let me know when there is any news about this game.
You could at least try looking one page back. Or joining our discord for frequent updates.

Reactions: cannavaro99

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
I know it can be frustrating but we're still in Alpha despite the presentation.
Yesterday's discussion about soundcards reminded me about the good old times when "alpha" and "beta" had actual strict definitions. "Alpha" meant something strictly for internal use and "beta" meant it was also distributed to non-employees. But that time is long gone and that fact is making me .

Yes. @Buttholder
Buttholder is a doomer girl? My assumption was that Buttholder is a man wearing peach-colored cape and eyemask, with long, simian-like arms and hands with very long fingers - for extended reach and extra grip.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Yesterday's discussion about soundcards reminded me about the good old times when "alpha" and "beta" had actual strict definitions. "Alpha" meant something strictly for internal use and "beta" meant it was also distributed to non-employees. But that time is long gone and that fact is making me .
Well we were in beta but we had to rework and expand some systems. They're currently not as finished as we want to get everything done before we move onto chapter 2 and add more girls. So we rolled back to Alpha simply for state of the game.

The TL;DR is that we ran out of internal funding and needed external funding to continue the project.

Thankfully our community believes the abundance of stuff that is in the current build is worth Patrion dollars.

So far it also seems that most people are understanding of us wanting to get systems operating at 100% before we go on layering more story and girls on top of unfinished systems.

Game development is hard. Especially with the systems we're working with. :ROFLMAO:

Buttholder is a doomer girl? My assumption was that Buttholder is a man wearing peach-colored cape and eyemask, with long, simian-like arms and hands with very long fingers - for extended reach and extra grip.
No Buttholder is what you assumed. The doomer girl is his girlfriend.

4.60 star(s) 131 Votes