• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I thought it was a shame this game got put on hold. The girls were hotter in this game than they are in the Lydia Collier game. Frankly, the setting is hotter too.
I agree. I played a version of Defending Lidia Collier long ago and i found it rather boring with unappealling LIs, while i would like to play through this one. But what to do? The dev did a poll years ago about which of the two project prioritize and that was the result-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The Gofile mirror for windows is down.
You can try reporting the OP (like the Report on my post here) and choosing "Other", putting what you just said in the textbox shown there. However, I've heard (but never confirmed) that unless all links are busted they may not fix them. But you can try to get it fixed and see if they do it for you.

Reactions: Noneless

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You can try reporting the OP (like the Report on my post here) and choosing "Other", putting what you just said in the textbox shown there. However, I've heard (but never confirmed) that unless all links are busted they may not fix them. But you can try to get it fixed and see if they do it for you.
thats correct.
unless all links are dead they usually dont bother with renewing few dead ones.
in this case, out of 6 win links, 4 are up and working - only nopy (long time dead file host) and gofile are down.
chance for "intervention"/renewal are minimal, i would say, yet one can never know :BootyTime:

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Does the wife(Jane) cheat on MC when she goes to the party alone and doesnt come back?
1676083989559.png
I feel like this never gets addressed after it happens or maybe I missed it ??

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does the wife(Jane) cheat on MC when she goes to the party alone and doesnt come back?
View attachment 2382116
I feel like this never gets addressed after it happens or maybe I missed it ??
From everything in the game at this point, I don't think so. If anything, the MC is the cheater, not Jane. She seems wholly committed to working things out, even if it means doing things she might normally be uncomfortable with. It's possible, of course, but I didn't get the feeling at all she was cheating while away.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
From everything in the game at this point, I don't think so. If anything, the MC is the cheater, not Jane. She seems wholly committed to working things out, even if it means doing things she might normally be uncomfortable with. It's possible, of course, but I didn't get the feeling at all she was cheating while away.
Yeah, me neither up until that point. I was messing around and you only get that scene if you pick her obvious "bad" choices and she is obviously not happy with MC (the last straw being refusing to pick up her sister). Then she cancels the meal with MC out of nowhere and goes to that party.
Just curious why include that if you are just going to pretend it didnt happen lol, she even says she'll be meeting young college girls and boys and to not expect her coming back anytime soon. And next day no one mentions anything about it :ROFLMAO:
Maybe when(or if) this gets picked up again the dev can clear it out. Or maybe it is one of those things that never get confirmed.:rolleyes:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, me neither up until that point. I was messing around and you only get that scene if you pick her obvious "bad" choices and she is obviously not happy with MC (the last straw being refusing to pick up her sister). Then she cancels the meal with MC out of nowhere and goes to that party.
Just curious why include that if you are just going to pretend it didnt happen lol, she even says she'll be meeting young college girls and boys and to not expect her coming back anytime soon. And next day no one mentions anything about it :ROFLMAO:
Maybe when(or if) this gets picked up again the dev can clear it out. Or maybe it is one of those things that never get confirmed.:rolleyes:
Oh, good point. I definitely don't know for certain. I guess that could be what's happening, like it was the last straw and she'd finally decided the MC can screw off. That's obviously something that might be true. Although, since the MC already previously stepped out on her (twice, at a minimum: his partner and Jane's sister), I honestly wouldn't blame her. I think she's held hope that they might somehow work things out, and then you as the player decide whether that's true. But it of course doesn't mean that she won't look elsewhere if your MC does already.

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
Although, since the MC already previously stepped out on her (twice, at a minimum: his partner and Jane's sister),
But she doesnt know though, and I get her moving on with her life but honestly I would expect her to break up/leave like a decent person, seems like a shitty thing to do to just cheat on your partner when things aren't going that well. (And I get MC is a piece of shit that knocked up her sister lol, but she is unaware of that so it is no excuse). A little out of character imo that she would just go out looking for a hook up with some college boys :ROFLMAO: so it took me by surprise, but it is not confirmed anyway. So we'll see.
You really think she doesn't have any clue at all that he's unfaithful?
Yes, as the game never suggest otherwise, and even after her suppossed infidelity she acts as if she wants to fix things up with MC so it really is out of place and it is not her stepping out, at most it is just her having a hookup and then going back to the same shit. What does that accomplish for her?
Plus, you dont even need to be unfaithful to get her bad choices, you just need to avoid the "love" options that appear for her like not telling her that you love her, not kissing her, refusing her demands, etc. they have nothing to do with the infidelities. You can fool around and be unfaithful and ALSO have a good relationship with her and that scene never happens so... it has nothing to do with it. She knows nothing about it.
Not to mention that the worsts infidelities ALREADY happened at the beggining of the game, her sister is knocked up with MC's baby, The woman from the beginning whose name I dont remember , the only reason she is not getting fucked by MC right now is because she is in coma. It all already happened.
It is not about having sympathy for MC, I also have no sympathy for him lol, he is irredemeable from the start. It just seems out of character for a mature woman to have such a childish response to problems in her relationship, I would expect her to actually do something about it.
If you think that the solution is just going out and fucking some randoms and then comeback to your shitty life and pretend nothing happened then I dont know what to tell you. It is certainly nothing worthy of applause imo, just pathetic all around. "My husband doesnt care about me so I'll go get fucked by some random college boy that also doesnt care about me", doesnt sound like a great plan specially if you are old enough to have a grown up kid. Anyway, lets just wait for new updates, because this might as well be abandoned and all this discussion would have been for nothing lmaoo.
.....Actually, I checked the walkthorugh (almost never do lmao) and that scene is referred as [D5FakeNTR] , so it probably is not her actually cheating which makes sense, but still, he got me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
But she doesnt know though, and I get her moving on with her life but honestly I would expect her to break up/leave like a decent person, seems like a shitty thing to do to just cheat on your partner when things aren't going that well. (And I get MC is a piece of shit that knocked up her sister lol, but she is unaware of that so it is no excuse). A little out of character imo that she would just go out looking for a hook up with some college boys :ROFLMAO: so it took me by surprise, but it is not confirmed anyway. So we'll see.
You really think she doesn't have any clue at all that he's unfaithful? She doesn't know specifics, but I can't imagine she has absolutely zero suspicions about his infidelity. Whether she knows with whom or not, I think it's very much in character if her suspicions get worse. Eventually it should be expected for her to step out on him. I have no sympathy for the MC in that regard, and I actually applaud her if she does step out when the MC continues to choose everyone else. I feel very differently on the path where the MC is trying to work things out and stop cheating on her, of course.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes