kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
more amusing fact is the dev is still lurking on this site and says jack shit xD
look at his account, says he was online today

DanLab

Jul 31, 2017
more amusing fact is the dev is still lurking on this site and says jack shit xD
look at his account, says he was online today
I don't blame the dev. In my experience the conversation is always the same. "Why'd you stop?" "never got that many patrons, couldn't afford to keep putting hours in". It's a sad convo to read over and over again. At least when that convo happens and it's not just the dev mysteriously disappearing. I am sad the game's over though. I did enjoy this one. Wish it'd gotten more cash thrown it's way.

Jan 1, 2021
The longer a project goes, the more likely its creator will lose interest in it. It’s a sad reality, but the world is full of abandoned projects— even ones that had potential— just because other things steal our interest.

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
am not going to write the text i use to write about why Devs that create a patreon for they first game is not going to get many patreons or supporters at all if people want to see the text i have writing about it check the comments(aka the comments i have done in threads) in my profile and look for does that is talking about Devs and you will find them

but in short no one would want to support something if they dont know if the Dev(or the person behind it) can deliver on it

it is for a reason why i tell people in real life that if they want to create a company be prepared to not have any profits during the first year or even second year of the companies existence

and yes some support probably will be given but that would not be big or would it be "profitable"(you are not going to be getting huge amount of money withing the first year if you are a "unknown" caliber Dev) in the long term

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
The dev had a kid and had to start focusing on their family. It has nothing to do with not having enough patrons or anything like that.
what i think is interesting is that it exist devs that have a family including a kid or more and also having a job but still find the time to pretty much release a update every month

and then we have does that come always come up with some new reason why a update that is around 10mb(size is just to clarify that the updates is usually just very small) only took over 3 month to release or a new reason why they always need to move the time limit forward and "surprise" "surprise" the game gets abandoned completely and some rare cases where people do get a answer we honest do not know anymore if they are honest when we have so many "devs" that lies or i mean come up with "reasons" why they keep abandoned games all the time and why they seams to never be able to keep the time limit they put forward

because people need to remember that it was the "devs" that started a patreon and promised patrons aka supporters a new version to play every month not we because in the end look at the "devs" that dont create a patreon people is not mad that does "devs" are not updating every month because they have not promise any patrons supporters that they will UPDATE every MONTH

honesty i dont get why the ones that is Abandoned games dont just remove they patreons (creator version dont need to delete the whole account) and recreate it when and IF they come back because it is just mean to create a patreon for a game that you then abandoned and just reap in the cash from does that is still holding on that the "dev" will resume updating the game

because it feel almost like i promise to build a house for someone and i just keep accepting money for the building of the house but the house is never going to be build or if any work is done on the house then it will never be finished

but its is just my opinion

Reactions: OdinValgallovih

Dinker

May 15, 2017
but its is just my opinion
A person's experience will of course be personal, unique to them. Some people are driven enough to slam out updates regularly and others can't find that energy. Especially with this pandemic and everything else this has been a very trying time. I do wish he'd posted something to that effect though, I was a patron. He didn't pause and he didn't mention anything, I'm sad to say I don't know if I could justify being a patron again even if he started back up.

I really enjoyed this product though. :|

Reactions: User1230

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
currently making new game but only name is known.
Really? I had it in my head that they just didn't have the time anymore or something. If they've ditched it to make something else then they're going to have lost a lot of respect and faith in their commitment.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Really? I had it in my head that they just didn't have the time anymore or something. If they've ditched it to make something else then they're going to have lost a lot of respect and faith in their commitment.
how old msg this is no idea:

About Alteus
Welcome to our Patreon page. We are currently working on an adult video game called Fall of Ashenburg. We will keep posting the latest updates and downloadable content to here in the future.

edit: seems that even that project got abandoned so no games.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 12 Votes