Botzy

Nov 14, 2016
i had another question though how do the investments work after yhilin get taken over i have a percentage now. when does that tick back up and will i be able to do everything? then i also wanted to know how robins research works? like when does it complete? is it each main quest or will side quests help? how many things should i be able to research before i get to chapter 3?
Every time you leave Yhilin for a main quest and come back you will get another 100%, or less if it's a really short trip, to invest. You won't be able to do everything without cheating. Robins research works the same, she finishes a project every time you leave Yhilin for a main quest, but unlike the investments you can finish all her research, with pretty minimal effort too. I think you can do 3 projects before chapter 3 starts.

spartan2177

Aug 27, 2016
thanks for the help. i had another question though how do the investments work after yhilin get taken over i have a percentage now. when does that tick back up and will i be able to do everything? then i also wanted to know how robins research works? like when does it complete? is it each main quest or will side quests help? how many things should i be able to research before i get to chapter 3?
Regarding investments their are 5 rounds, so basically 500% and unspent cash will carry over to the next round. Here's the wiki page that goes into detailed explanation about investments.

As for research there is enough time to research everything, my suggestion would be to make sure you research orc evolution around round 3 or 4. Wiki page for research also goes into further details about what each research does.

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
Did anyone got any of new affection scenes? This update seems to be pretty linear with no possibility to talk to girls, I loaded save from before a war but didn't notice any new scene there.

Botzy

Nov 14, 2016
Did anyone got any of new affection scenes? This update seems to be pretty linear with no possibility to talk to girls, I loaded save from before a war but didn't notice any new scene there.
I only got the plot scenes as well. At a guess Sierra coded them in but we can't get at them since the update cuts off before any free roaming content. It's unlikely we just missed them since it's mentioned a few times no one has time for any hanky panky during the war and immediate aftermath.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
CONFIRMED! Note: This can ONLY be done during the first few chapters. If you get to the Gathering or the Summit, you've missed it.

Pick up the broom in Stinegard (or however you spell it), from the blacksmith. Look at his wares (in the shop, NOT the buy/sell menu), then start to leave. Do NOT buy anything. If you do, you WILL fail.

If done right, he will stop you. He will tell you he only has the handle. Buy it (1,000 Sx). Next, go to the forest in the west.

Might be random, but for me there was an encounter with a traveling succubus five tiles down, three from the left. She offers you a choice. Choose "Fight". After you win, she gives you the brush.

Go to the Mage Tower, and visit Robin. Talk to the three girls (any order), then visit the other rooms IN THIS ORDER: Chapel, Library, Study Hall, Chapel again. You don't need to speak to anyone, just go in. Now try to enter the boy's dorm. You'll be stopped, but that's fine. Go back to town.

Visit the brothel, and talk to the madam.

Go to the succubus shop, and look at the wares (again, NOT the buy/sell menu), and, again, start to leave WITHOUT buying anything. You'll be stopped, and given the option to give them the handle and brush. KEEP THEM! If you give the pieces, they keep the broom for themselves!

Now go back to the blacksmith, and give him the handle and brush (you can only do this after going to the succubus shop). He'll charge you a further 1,000 Sx for it. Pay him (if you have it), and he'll take the pieces. This is the ONLY chance you have to do this, so make sure that you've got 1,000 Sx. One brief cutscene later, and you have A Like-New Broom.

Go back to the bounty board, only to find that the original bounty is gone! Go to the inn.

Talk to the innkeeper, and he'll offer to buy the broom for 10,000 Sx. Take it if you want, or hold onto it a while longer.

If you've held onto it, go to the magic shop, where the storekeeper will offer to enchant it, for free (a very good price), as a way of testing his skills. Say yes. You now have a Shining Broom!

Now, go ALL the way back to Simon's hut. Yes, the one from the beginning of the game. Look at the portrait of Wendis, then go to the Chapel. Speak with the Roaming Sister. Celebrate, as you're almost done!

Continue the game as normal, until you get to Ari-Yilhin (or however you spell it). Take the Shining Broom to the Merchant's Quarter. IF you've done everything correctly, there will be an old man roaming around the south part of the area. He'll offer "something wonderful, but of little worth to those with imagination". Say "You've got a deal, Old Man."

Save your game here, and quit to the main menu. Then choose "Continue", and load your save. Under "Settings", there will be a "Something Wonderful" option. Toggle it. CAUTION: Be absolutely SURE you want to do this, as this CAN NOT be changed. If you're sure, say "Yes."

The game will appear to glitch, showing a white screen, then a black one with an eye in the center, followed by the letter "D", then one, followed by zero, then a cross. It will then shut itself down. Don't panic, boot it back up, and load your save again.

Congrats, you've unlocked the rendered 3D scenes! Enjoy!

I didn't know about this and I've been playing this game for months, damn have to start over from the start.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Holy crap, that was a sizable update. It's good to see at least some of my old suspicions confirmed regarding Estaven's bitch, the nature of the Chosen, and Riala's power. I was close, but just close enough to feel pleasantly surprised by the actual reveals. Also loved the Orc section, even if I wasted a good five minutes worrying about whether or not fighting people would be seen as a bad thing.

The Demonic Realm, though...damn, that's going to be interesting. And does anyone hate Antarion more than Estaven now?

It's unbelievably satisfying to see the end of the war. I wish I wasn't broke as fuck; this game is practically the best thing I've ever played in terms of...well, everything related to the story and the choices you're given as the player. It's not the hottest thing I've ever played, but that barely factors into my view of it.
No I still hate Esteban, well I haven't played the update yet since I'm at work but seriously is there anyone worst than estaban.

bigdick69

Jul 9, 2017
hey lads, the link i posted from the 0.29 is orking just fine, you can go ahead.
sorry for the late warning.

AnotherLurker

May 19, 2017
No I still hate Esteban, well I haven't played the update yet since I'm at work but seriously is there anyone worst than estaban.
Estevan and the Incubus Superking (lol) were both considered some of the worst because they were the over-the-top kinds of self-centered assholes with way too much power and just enough cunning or intelligence to make their stupidity cut the rest of the world even more deeply. Antarion seems fully cognizant of what he's doing and how scummy it is--he just doesn't care. He's just as amoral as Wynn, but driven entirely by his vices rather than any kind of intellectual ideal.

Estevan is certainly the greater evil, but I think that Antarion would make an even shittier Incubus King if he had the opportunity.

On an entirely different subject, is anyone else worried about the Elves after seeing the cutscene at the end of this update? I mean, there's that Tower they wouldn't let you see in their territory...that some of the Mother's Guard has been dicking around with...and there's that thing crawling its way out of the abyss...can't help but think this is adding up to the knife-ears becoming a soon-to-be-endangered species. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and the Tower is just their version of Stonehenge.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Estevan and the Incubus Superking (lol) were both considered some of the worst because they were the over-the-top kinds of self-centered assholes with way too much power and just enough cunning or intelligence to make their stupidity cut the rest of the world even more deeply. Antarion seems fully cognizant of what he's doing and how scummy it is--he just doesn't care. He's just as amoral as Wynn, but driven entirely by his vices rather than any kind of intellectual ideal.

Estevan is certainly the greater evil, but I think that Antarion would make an even shittier Incubus King if he had the opportunity.

On an entirely different subject, is anyone else worried about the Elves after seeing the cutscene at the end of this update? I mean, there's that Tower they wouldn't let you see in their territory...that some of the Mother's Guard has been dicking around with...and there's that thing crawling its way out of the abyss...can't help but think this is adding up to the knife-ears becoming a soon-to-be-endangered species. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and the Tower is just their version of Stonehenge.
Seriously even bad than Estevan the guy who made his people unable to cum and have sex who use his harem like dolls.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
i wanted one guide to the follow up of the war. anyone has it?
There will be one available on Wiki, but only after the public build came out... before that, you're more or less on your own. Besides, it is possible we see some re-balancing with the public build so any guide made before that point might not be correct.

AnotherLurker

May 19, 2017
Seriously even bad than Estevan the guy who made his people unable to cum and have sex who use his harem like dolls.
Yeah, that's way worse than anything Antarion has done, but I think that Estaven (looked it up, we were spelling it wrong) did all of those things out of blind idiocy rather than conscious malice. He's trying to acquire some kind of "ultimate power™" to take over the world and actually make his dream (fucking every woman he remotely feels attracted to) possible.

So I don't think he gives a shit about all the people suffering in the meantime, but even he couldn't possibly have expected that to be a sustainable state of affairs: if all of Erosia just died out or became useless because they weren't repopulating, he'd be king of nothing and the Empress, Anak, or Lustlord could rip his shard out without worrying about armies, refugees, economies, or counter-attacks if he miraculously escaped.

Estaven's a moronic sleazebag with the powers of a dark and terrible demon god, just like the Incubus King was a psychotic fetishist with the powers of a slightly darker and more terrible demon god.

Antarion? Simple human scum, but I think his scum is scummier than Estaven's even if he's not anywhere close to being a sociopathic world-class evil.

spartan2177

Aug 27, 2016
A few hard to discover hints I found for this patch:

* If you told the Chosen to give up his power in the previous war patch, you see him again later at the cemetery/graveyard for a bit of RP and possibility to meet him again in future. If you told him to keep fighting, then you don't see him again, at least not at the cemetery/this patch.

* The 2 succubus fights where they claim they don't wish to fight, don't kill them. For the solo Succubi have Simon use dominate and it will end the fight for some RP + possible hidden stats, and for the duo succubi fight run away after engaging the fight for more RP/possible hidden stats.

* And the final small secret I found is inside the Incubus Emperors castle, talk to the black haired succubi watching her crazy friend running in circles. If you want to help her, start the fight with Hilstara in party and DO NOT attack the unscuccubi, keep using Hilstara's Indomitable Will. After around 5 rounds the fight will end automatically and you will be rewarded with more RP text and possible hidden stats.

Vgamer

Aug 16, 2017
I play through this game every time there's a new update- should I write a walkthrough that has all the values/investments/things to do in each area, would that be helpful to anyone at all? (Would take a bit of time, on top of playing the game.) However if people would find it useful at all. I wouldn't mind making a .txt and uploading it for the OP so people don't have to go to the wiki/get more use out of more direct advice. I was going to make one for myself but can't find the motivation unless other people could use it.

Would be written similar to the Broom quest steps, while outlining things like. "Choice 1(would be named whatever): Affection- Yarra +4, Aka -4, Pron+1000" etc. I know the affection scores/stats/variables for the game having played each release through to current content since the first release ages ago. I've never used the wiki to play the game myself, I find it more fun to spend an hour or so going back and forth and finding the optimum paths for myself, but I could include all paths when it comes to "Good" "Bad" "Neutral" choices as well if that's something people are interested in.

Edit: It can be a google doc instead if that would be better. Then people could submit possible changes/funny commentary if they'd like.

Last edited:

Dark22tj

May 18, 2017
The Incubus King seemed to be more somber than I expected and it looked like he was trying to tell Simon something. Watch Antarion team up with Ivan and become another thorn Simon has to deal with, but all in all that was a fun update and the demon realm just opened up way too many opportunities.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
I play through this game every time there's a new update- should I write a walkthrough that has all the values/investments/things to do in each area, would that be helpful to anyone at all?
Did you saw ? (made by Decanter, link from TLS wiki site)

Xypher

May 1, 2017
While I enjoy Sierra's writing will there ever be plans to add visual erotic scenes?

4.40 star(s) 174 Votes