• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

ncelsword

Jun 8, 2020
"Translation quality" is solid you say, someone who knows Japanese vouch the translation to be good? That he reviewed the translation and the original work to be close?
Pretty sure he means more in it's gramatical accuracy.

That being said I've played around with using GPT to translate myself and compared it to bot and a human translation and in terms of accuracy it was fairly okay.

It used some phrasing different from the other two but it's phrasing seemed accurate enough.

Now mind you it's not perfect but it's not like human translators are going to translate every piece of Japanese media and this is god tier compared to classical MTL so I'll take it.

Oh and
glad this working out for you apparently. Out of curiosity while you list GPT4 is it the TUrbo varient? I know it's a fair bit cheapter than normal GPT4 and arguably better (which makes you wonder how long they'll bother to keep normal 4 around).

In anycase with access to GPT4 now a thing these should get even better. This game isn't really my preference but still glad to see progress made in AI translation.

Again I fully respect human translators and what they do ... but there is so much they can't or won't get to which is a shame.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Pretty sure he means more in it's gramatical accuracy.

That being said I've played around with using GPT to translate myself and compared it to bot and a human translation and in terms of accuracy it was fairly okay.

It used some phrasing different from the other two but it's phrasing seemed accurate enough.

Now mind you it's not perfect but it's not like human translators are going to translate every piece of Japanese media and this is god tier compared to classical MTL so I'll take it.

Oh and

glad this working out for you apparently. Out of curiosity while you list GPT4 is it the TUrbo varient? I know it's a fair bit cheapter than normal GPT4 and arguably better (which makes you wonder how long they'll bother to keep normal 4 around).

In anycase with access to GPT4 now a thing these should get even better. This game isn't really my preference but still glad to see progress made in AI translation.

Again I fully respect human translators and what they do ... but there is so much they can't or won't get to which is a shame.
Its turbo, I just didn't specify.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Pretty great game overall. As expected from ANIM.teamMM. The build up is good, the sex scenes are enjoyable, and the endings cover several different possiblities.

However, one of those endings just rubbed me the wrong way, lol. The pregnancy end, while it made perfect sense, left a bad taste in my mouth. I dislike when the cheating heroine gets a 'happy ending' as a direct result of her unfaithfulness, and the whole 'bad boy gone good' trope makes me roll my eyes (it's too much like the kind of unrealistic wish fulfillment you find in harem manga). However, that end not only did both of those things, but it also had the heroine attempt to shift the blame onto the MC as if her weaknesses were his fault.

The girl knows better than anyone why he was being distant, took it upon herself to help him get better, and then proceeded to fuck him over in the worst way possible.

Now, don't get me wrong, that's some good NTR :D, but no way in hell does she deserve a happy ending off of that shit. And really, when I started thinking about it, the game actually leaves plenty or room to believe that she didn't get a (fully) happy ending.

So, for fun, here's what I think actually happened after the story faded to black.
The brutal kind of ending that I tend to enjoy...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope you liked it :D:D:D

laetificus

Apr 30, 2018
Pretty great game overall. As expected from ANIM.teamMM. The build up is good, the sex scenes are enjoyable, and the endings cover several different possiblities.

However, one of those endings just rubbed me the wrong way, lol. The pregnancy end, while it made perfect sense, left a bad taste in my mouth. I dislike when the cheating heroine gets a 'happy ending' as a direct result of her unfaithfulness, and the whole 'bad boy gone good' trope makes me roll my eyes (it's too much like the kind of unrealistic wish fulfillment you find in harem manga). However, that end not only did both of those things, but it also had the heroine attempt to shift the blame onto the MC as if her weaknesses were his fault.

The girl knows better than anyone why he was being distant, took it upon herself to help him get better, and then proceeded to fuck him over in the worst way possible.

Now, don't get me wrong, that's some good NTR :D, but no way in hell does she deserve a happy ending off of that shit. And really, when I started thinking about it, the game actually leaves plenty or room to believe that she didn't get a (fully) happy ending.

So, for fun, here's what I think actually happened after the story faded to black.

The endings to the game were truly a shame. The ending scenes where the mc doesn't find out about the cheating was hot asf but the endings where you catch them cheating and she gets to go scott free and be with her senpai after fucking over her boyfriend was pretty disappointing. That and the whole redemption arc of mc turning his gf into a slave after taking her back?! That was a weird way to end off at. To each their own I guess. But I think biggest sin of allwas that they really butchered the female mc's reasoning for even getting to cheat in the first place. She knew her boyfriend's trauma of his mother's infidelity and his distrust of women and then tells him her senpai kissed her during that whole tennis training camp where she ignores her bf almost the entire trip and then acts surprised that he's become distant and wary all of a sudden after finding out that she was making out with another dude and then she uses that excuse of her boyfriend being cold to her and cries her way into her senpai's arm just to make her feel like a woman even though she blatantly told him she wasn't interested in her senpai until her boyfriend couldn't get it up and she felt insecure as a woman. Basically she used her senpai to make herself feel good while also knowingly doing the thing that would ultimately devastate her boyfriend if he ever found out. Such a lame way to go. But I guess this is the NTR way even if its one helluva dumb way to go. Netherthelss all the scenes from the female mc were goated though.

My other biggest gripe is that the protagonist pov is that he's practically clueless. I wish they had added in more subtlety to the cheating since imo his pov didn't add much in terms of the NTR aspect. It was just a story of a dude who thought he was in a loving relationship with his childhood friend until he found out he wasn't. Which is a shame. But other than that I wish Anim would take a second shot with this scenario. With some better writing, it could maybe touch the greatness that is Homestay.

Reactions: mainmainmain

Kazeck

Mar 4, 2018
==========================

That's pretty much it, there's small abrupt endings where the MC finds out he is being cheated on too soon and the game ends right there, or times where the MC never finds out, with the story progressing all the way to Haruna now not feeling guilty over her betrayal, also there's the choice where the MC doesn't even become her boyfriend, with both remaining as just friendS throughtout their whole school life.
Thanks for the long explanation, I downloaded this on a whim not realizing it was NTR until I launched it, then debated just deleting it, but I actually want to see the story now.

BangB420

Dec 11, 2021
Ok, I solved it; it was one of the the antivirus tools, the Advanced Thread Defender (ATD) from Bitdefender.

Usually when something is flagged, I get an alert with a red dot under a bell symbol, but I didn't get any. So to be sure, I ran the executable disabling each of the antivirus features at time and the culprit was the ATD, so putting it under exceptions fixed it.

I was kinda worried why the ATD didn't show me any event, so I copied the game to my laptop, which has a clean copy of W11. ...and it was blocked again (same memory error) without any warning. This time, it was silently flagged by Microsoft defender/UAC.

I dunno why this game is so problematic...
The antivirus don't us fapping to japanese ntr lmao

mtl poet

Mar 5, 2021
The whole arguments here, albeit perfectly valid, falls apart once you compare the game with Homestay. One of the most dumbest-written games in the market. Come on :unsure:

Now, even if it doesn't matter, I still want to give my brief opinion about some of the points you made:

- The plot butchers fmc's reasoning: Not so much? Haruna is portrayed as a cheerful yet whimsical girl from the very start. The constant efforts to push things in her favor (even if she lies herself about it), her obstination to shield her Senpai or help Seichi to overcome his trauma, or the many many excuses she will make during the story it's the way she has to justify her greed while keep them in check. As the game progresses you can see how Haruna's personality is one that craves everything to herself, so according to what you feed her (as in an emotionally or mundane way) she will shape into this or that.
That doesn't change the fact that this is a NTR-BSS game tho, so a big dick will always bend everyone's reasoning to keep the shit flowing. Exactly what it does happens here with Haruna and everyone else really.

- Mc is oblivious: No he's not, he's an insecure coward well aware of things. He just chose to ignore the signs and make any kind of concessions to keep Haruna by his side. When he's not, he's just a guy who take things for granted. as someone pointed out.

- Some of the endings are weird: 100% agreed, being the training route the most glaring one. But what if you read the story as a whole? Let's think this way...
If Haruna has been pursuing stronger and stronger stimulus, if dates are not enough, if kisses are not enough, if sex is not enough, if breaking is not a choice; then unleashing a hell of erotic control on her makes kind of sense because that will -most likely- focuses her attention on himand only what he provides. And at the same time, it quenches several emotional deficits she has been keeping to herself through the whole story. Is kind of sad and pathetic, but those are not strange emotions to her.
On the other hand, Seichi's actions albeit extreme are the byproduct of being tired to feign ignorance, of feeling anxious and live with constant fear of being left behind. The solution? One of the most common forms of cowardice, the exercise of control through violence. Weird and abrupt? totally, but plausible if we remember how much anger he suppresses.

Reactions: dreminh

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020

I don't and would never understand taking the last step alone after facing betrayal. If it were me god forbid I would take some people with me

4.20 star(s) 6 Votes