Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Yeah I`ll pass lol. Things like that frustrate & annoy the crap outta me, same as a couple of other games on here that looked promising but give you zero sense of direction or what / how to do anything, leaving you to just guess at it all.
1 I just deleted, the other I will see what is said about my comments, if they get an answer.
I get what you mean. The special was indeed a little rushed and I didn't have time to think about tips and hand-holding stuff like that. I guess it's something to think for future updates.

Reactions: aolli

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I could have made it harder tho...

I could have completely disabled the save function for the entirety of the special.

And made the game delete all save files if the player died.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
DO you plan on making the Halloween B/s skippable in future updates ?
It really holds zero interest & since I`m not American is totally irrelevant.
I'm American and found it extremely distracting too. Holiday events work better when they're released as stand alone's and don't interrupt the main flow of the game.

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'm American and found it extremely distracting too. Holiday events work better when they're released as stand alone's and don't interrupt the main flow of the game.
Distracting in what aspect?

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
I suppose later down the line when you're trying to go through the main story and you get sidetracked by this "and now for something completely different".
DoD did this a few times, but at least the framing for yours helps make it fit in quite a bit more.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I suppose later down the line when you're trying to go through the main story and you get sidetracked by this "and now for something completely different".
DoD did this a few times, but at least the framing for yours helps make it fit in quite a bit more.
Hmm... Yeah, I see it. Well, good thing they will be completely optional after the next update.

I thought it was great *shrug* It's ok for lewd games to have some fun built into them as well.
Yeah, I tried to make it feel in place instead of just "Hey, now it's the Halloween Special for no apparent reason!".

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Like someone else said, Dreams of Desire did this and after the first play through, I honestly just skipped it. Special events are like filler episodes in Bleach. You watch it once, but it's mostly just distracting from the main plot. In games like yours it feels like an excuse to put some skin and sex in to keep the "Not enough sex action" fans happy. Those people annoy me.

This isn't to say the Halloween thing wasn't interesting, I liked the inclusion of classic killer characters. The Freddy bit coming through the wall was spot on. But what you lost because of this scene was the anticipation of seeing the family characters naked later in the game when it's been "earned".

For the future, it would be better if you make the holiday stuff a separate exe and make it so you don't have an event break up the story of you main game.

Also don't do things like the Dev of Wicked Choices is doing where they ended the first part of the story and rather than working on the second part is doing a side story. Side stories are for after your main plot is done.

Hope that clarifies what I meant.

Reactions: Lykanz and aolli

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Like someone else said, Dreams of Desire did this and after the first play through, I honestly just skipped it. Special events are like filler episodes in Bleach. You watch it once, but it's mostly just distracting from the main plot. In games like yours it feels like an excuse to put some skin and sex in to keep the "Not enough sex action" fans happy. Those people annoy me.

This isn't to say the Halloween thing wasn't interesting, I liked the inclusion of classic killer characters. The Freddy bit coming through the wall was spot on. But what you lost because of this scene was the anticipation of seeing the family characters naked later in the game when it's been "earned".

For the future, it would be better if you make the holiday stuff a separate exe and make it so you don't have an event break up the story of you main game.

Also don't do things like the Dev of Wicked Choices is doing where they ended the first part of the story and rather than working on the second part is doing a side story. Side stories are for after your main plot is done.

Hope that clarifies what I meant.
Yeah, I get what you mean. And you're right.

About the "seeing characters naked when it's earned" part... That an aspect of the "russian grind" trope. The Inn won't go that way. So you'll see "bits and pieces" of the character's bodies even if you don't have enough lust or affection with them.

You can call it fanservice. :p

EDIT:

Also, as I said, when the rework is finished, all the specials will be playable whenever the player wants.

They will unlock some rewards, like special outfits and flavor text/dialogue, but those will be unlocked across all saves.

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
More of
Rita & laura
Alanna & Mary
Please :)
They're not my characters, they were just a cameo.

But if you want more of them, you can check the games they are from:

Rita and Laura are from .

Alanna and Mary are from .

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, I get what you mean. And you're right.

About the "seeing characters naked when it's earned" part... That an aspect of the "russian grind" trope. The Inn won't go that way. So you'll see "bits and pieces" of the character's bodies even if you don't have enough lust or affection with them.

You can call it fanservice. :p

EDIT:

Also, as I said, when the rework is finished, all the specials will be playable whenever the player wants.

They will unlock some rewards, like special outfits and flavor text/dialogue, but those will be unlocked across all saves.
Yeah, I'd put your "seriousness" level somewhere in the middle. You definitely not as bad as DP when it comes not taking anything seriously though ^_^

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
They're not my characters, they were just a cameo.

But if you want more of them, you can check the games they are from:

Rita and Laura are from .

Alanna and Mary are from .
Got them & The Solvalley School game from him.
As long as you ignore the spelling & grammar errors in pretty much every scene they not too bad.

4.10 star(s) 98 Votes