The Incest Drought

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I released 3 stories to the public, which were pretty well recieved, with only minor criticism, but they all had to taken down shortly after due to *drum roll* ....... censoring.
Out of curiosity, what site wanted to censor your work? Mostly as a PSA so we all know another place worth avoiding.

@gunderson - There're plenty of reasons to pirate, legit or otherwise. Being too poor, wanting to try before you buy, or even just being selfish and immature. But your intentions, situation and the decisions of 3rd parties mean nothing to the outcome of doing so - people who put a lot of effort into making your life easier not being as well compensated for their work as they probably should be.

No amount of justifications and rationalizing can change that fact, so it's a bit pointless to keep trying to prop up that position. We all know pirating is an option, and most of us make use of it at one point or another for varying reasons, but we all got to be honest with ourselves and admit we are harming our own when we don't do what we can to support those who enable us.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to making some money off the games I'm creating is that, in addition to being able to replace my failing system, I'll finally be able to start giving back a bit. I've been wanting to throw some money towards Blender and Godot for a long while now, as well as the devs/teams behind a handful of my favorite games that can be found here, and even this site itself. In the mean time I do my best to help spread the word on them to anyone interested and in the case of Blender, and to a lesser extent Godot, I've spent hundreds of hours in the communities surrounding them to help those looking to learn.

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Out of curiosity, what site wanted to censor your work? Mostly as a PSA so we all know another place worth avoiding.

@gunderson - There're plenty of reasons to pirate, legit or otherwise. Being too poor, wanting to try before you buy, or even just being selfish and immature. But your intentions, situation and the decisions of 3rd parties mean nothing to the outcome of doing so - people who put a lot of effort into making your life easier not being as well compensated for their work as they probably should be.

No amount of justifications and rationalizing can change that fact, so it's a bit pointless to keep trying to prop up that position. We all know pirating is an option, and most of us make use of it at one point or another for varying reasons, but we all got to be honest with ourselves and admit we are harming our own when we don't do what we can to support those who enable us.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to making some money off the games I'm creating is that, in addition to being able to replace my failing system, I'll finally be able to start giving back a bit. I've been wanting to throw some money towards Blender and Godot for a long while now, as well as the devs/teams behind a handful of my favorite games that can be found here, and even this site itself. In the mean time I do my best to help spread the word on them to anyone interested and in the case of Blender, and to a lesser extent Godot, I've spent hundreds of hours in the communities surrounding them to help those looking to learn.
Let me see if I have this straight, now that I'm being implicitly called selfish and immature: you plan to pay for your rendering software, not now, but if/when you get paid for selling games made with that software.

Me too!

Unfortunately there's currently no practical way for somebody like me, who would only bother to make a game featuring blood-related incest, to gather funding for or sell said game. So your point is completely irrelevant to the discussion and it sounds like you're also calling yourself selfish and immature. Good job?

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
My development software is all legal and free, it is entirely optional for me to decide to support them through donations. So there is a bit of a difference there. Also all my assets are being made by me personally from scratch. If you see my comment as calling you out as being selfish and immature, that's totally on you. I was just pointing out 3 of the many reasons people tend to pirate, myself included, and I will own up to being selfish and immature at times, I never even said those were wrong to begin with.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
legit or otherwise. Being too poor, wanting to try before you buy, or even just being selfish and immature.

We all know pirating is an option, and most of us make use of it at one point or another for varying reasons, but we all got to be honest with ourselves and admit we are harming our own when we don't do what we can to support those who enable us.
Colour me curious but you seem to have a slight grudge against piracy yet here you are, on a site dedicated to that very thing.

Every single person here is a software pirate.

Reactions: gunderson
U

User_51567

As a fan of Incest themed games i think that the main problem with incest games is something else.

There are to many (new) devs who have 0% creativity but think that they can make a big game based one 1 horny idea/thought.
To many of the same games because those devs have 0% creativity so they look at other games and copy that all.

The games with good art, story, writing still sell pretty well on the internet and have many, many fans.
But people are getting tired of the many shitty games.

If i look back 12 months ago i couldn't wait for new updates of my favorite games and new ones.
Right now i'm tired of it all.... I haven't downloaded a new title in months and even the games that i like are not getting any attention from me...

I still support a lot of Devs on patreon (Right now over 450 bucks every month), but that "special" feeling that i used to get with a new game of update is completely gone with me.
It's like playing a Fifa, c.o.d, BF or something like that.... Sure it's fun the first couple minutes but after that it's the same shit all over again.

But i'm getting off-track.
Because of all those 0% creativity Devs who aren't getting any money (with good reasons), the good ones are scared away.
Patreon used to be the best thing that ever happend.... But right now it's more like a disease for Incest themed games.
Not only for the censoring(because a creative dev can work around that), but for allowing every idiot to make a page for a game and for allowing it to be used by Devs who use their Members for their money.

@Gomly1980
I think myself more as a Software Tester then a Pirate :p ..
If i like a game or demo then that Creator gets an pledge from me, if i don't then i won't.

If a Creator that i give money to don't delivers i will lower or cancel my pledge, if he/she keeps getting better then i will raise it.
To many shitty games at this point to pay up front....

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
@Gomly1980 - No where have I said I was against pirating, I even admitted multiple times now to doing it myself, but its ridiculous when people try to play it off as no big deal like it doesn't have consequences that affect us all when pushed too far. As someone who put in the time and effort to be able to create 3D assets of my own, I personally know the crazy amount of work that goes into them. So ya, I'm going to speak up in support of those DAZ asset artists who don't have a voice here when I see people start pushing pirated assets as the no brainer solution that someone is being a bit daft for not turning to just because they don't plan to sell their games made with them.

If everyone were to adopt that attitude, how long do you expect artists to keep pushing out newer and better assets when the money starts to dry up and they can take those skills elsewhere? Once you go beyond just checking out an asset to see if it would work for your project and it starts to become an integral part of your own work, it's time to consider dropping some cash on it if you can. Even if the work is non-commercial since that's your choice, not the asset creators, to use them in such a manner. Now I know some folks are living in parts of the world with incomes that doesn't scale so well with US/EU prices where pirating may be their only solution to get started (well, aside from the obvious of manning up and learning to create their own), but even they should consider paying for those assets once they start making money off the works they are creating. In the end though I really don't care if anyone pirates, but it does rub me the wrong way when people try to act as if there's nothing wrong with what they are doing once they start putting those assets to use in real projects they plan to put out into the world.

Reactions: ulT1m4

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Patreon used to be the best thing that ever happend.... But right now it's more like a disease for Incest themed games.
Not only for the censoring(because a creative dev can work around that), but for allowing every idiot to make a page for a game and for allowing it to be used by Devs who use their Members for their money.
So some people shouldn't be allowed to make games on Patreon? Who decides that? lol

People already hate Patreon here, can you imagine if they told some people they weren't allowed to even make a page?

U

User_51567

So some people shouldn't be allowed to make games on Patreon? Who decides that? lol

People already hate Patreon here, can you imagine if they told some people they weren't allowed to even make a page?
Not that 100%..

But maybe some additional requirements or rules..

-If you abandon a project that that just started (like 2 or 3 months), you have to give the money back to pledgers (if they want).... That way you get rid of the most Devs who only want a quick cash grab.

-If you abandon a project you cannot ask money for a new one for the next 2 or 3 months.

-If you keep breaking deadlines and promises this should also affect your payout..(for example if you say that a next release is 4 weeks of and it turns out to be 8 weeks then Pledgers should get those extra weeks for free or at a discount)
And of course this needs a Strike system because there could always be a good reason for something like that, so 3 strikes and the effect starts.

These are just at the top of my head and they are not perfect at all but just thinking out loud.

What i'm trying to say is that there should be something in place that penalizes those who do wrong at Patreon.
Right now they can do almost anything with pledgers and get away with it... And that's just wrong :) .

But maybe i'm wrong and you think that Patreon is a good platform right now :p

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Being a diverse bunch of people here for all sorts of reasons we're going to have different views on the acquistion of assets. Nothing wrong with that, different views make the world go around after all. But the dead hand of market forces does, whether we like it or not, loom over the asset issue.

And, be it assets, chocolate or beer, if the makers of said product get nothing for producing it, no matter how much everyone wants to consume it - ultimately they'll stop making it. Perfectly rational decision really from their perspective even if we do rather fancy the idea of free beer.

So, IMHO, it's about not killing the golden goose and by buying the odd asset now and again keeping the goose producing beer....um..eggs. Assets. You know what I mean.

Reactions: uradamus

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
-If you abandon a project that that just started (like 2 or 3 months), you have to give the money back to pledgers (if they want).... That way you get rid of the most Devs who only want a quick cash grab.
Most, I would probably even say nearly all creators that just started and are only 2-3 months in have made pretty much no real noteable amount of money anyway. There is no real quick cash grab scheme (anymore?) that I know of.

And about all your other points, that defeats what the platform was meant to be. A platform to donate money to a person or a group that makes something you like. Not even a single project, not even any real project.

Its literally a Tip Jar service but people forget about that, and people also seem to forget they can cancel their pledges. Seen projects abandoned for many months and still getting considerable amount of money. Now granted, with the ever ridiculous amount of content needing to be behind Paywalls (even implied nudity), it does seem that way a bit more. But thats not on all creators, it just happened with the censoring of the platform.

What i'm trying to say is that there should be something in place that penalizes those who do wrong at Patreon.
Right now they can do almost anything with pledgers and get away with it... And that's just wrong :) .
Cant really agree there, there is not much you can do wrong with it, as there are no rules (only the ones you make up in your mind) about using the platform. And about them being able to do almost anything with pledgers and get away with it, thats just nonsense. Speak with your wallet, that always helps.

Hell no, good is really not what I would have called it, and even less so nowadays. But probably for other reasons.

Reactions: thecardinal

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Not that 100%..

But maybe some additional requirements or rules..

-If you abandon a project you cannot ask money for a new one for the next 2 or 3 months.

-If you keep breaking deadlines and promises this should also affect your payout..(for example if you say that a next release is 4 weeks of and it turns out to be 8 weeks then Pledgers should get those extra weeks for free or at a discount)
And of course this needs a Strike system because there could always be a good reason for something like that, so 3 strikes and the effect starts.

These are just at the top of my head and they are not perfect at all but just thinking out loud.

Agreed on the first ones, but bear in mind that Patreon is made to support a developer, not to sell a project, if you like a developer enough to give them money, they should not be punished because of their rhythm.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Paypal is the one behind the incest ban, not Patreon. That's why an alternative is harder to find. A lot of us use Paypal and won't trust our details with a new company or use our credit cards on a site we know nothing about which a lot of these "patreon alternatives" are.

The hilarious thing to me is there are still people here that don't quite understand what Patreon is. It's a tip jar not a service to buy a finished product.

When you choose to back a developer that is exactly what you are doing, backing that developer. You aren't paying for a finished product, that isn't what the service is about. This isn't kickstarter.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
It was sexstories.com. They took it down because one of the characters was 17, so... maybe it was my own fault, i dunno. In my contry you can legally have sex from the age of 15, so I didnt think anything of it. The age was in no way the worst part of the story, but it was the excuse for taking the story down. Again, I don't condone pedophilia, but I don't really see a girl of 17 as a big deal. Maybe I am damaged by my country's low age of sexual activity. (Many girls here start fucking around from the age of 12-14).

Anyway, I checked on the site, and actually found one of my old stories that went free from the censoring (posted under a different name), in case you are wondering how my style of writing is. It's in 3 parts, and actually has around 500K reads in total, with an approval rate of roughly 90%. Not too bad for being what I consider the least popular of the stories I posted there.

Keep in mind that english is not my native language, so don't judge me too harshly :coldsweat:

Still, I have a ton of stories I always work on, and it is actually one of those that I am wanting to make into a game, since I had problems with the ending, as the story led up to several ways it could end, so I never finished it. Now I am hoping it will make for a good basis for a game, with several routes and endings.

*Edit. And in case you are wondering, all characters in the game will be above the age of 18.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Still, I have a ton of stories I always work on, and it is actually one of those that I am wanting to make into a game, since I had problems with the ending, as the story led up to several ways it could end, so I never finished it. Now I am hoping it will make for a good basis for a game, with several routes and endings.
Heh, I ran into the same thing with the text game I'm working on atm. I had the story for it sitting on the back burner for ages because I mostly only had the early to mid storyline fleshed out and had too many ways I could go with the ending, but didn't know which I preferred, but now that I'm working on it as a game instead of a novel I can run will pretty much all the different endings I had in mind and many more that came to me after I started writing it and especially once I started adding the various monster girl side characters (at least one of whom has already been promoted from mere side character to their own main route with a few different endings).

But anyhow, I'll have to give that story of yours a look later tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
One thing I've always wondered, though...isn't this technically a pirate forum? It always seemed weird to me that people will steal a $5 game but pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for 3D modeling assets. I would imagine, for example, that some enterprising/unscrupulous game dev would say that they were spending a bunch of money on Daz models and outfits but actually just rip those off from other pirate sites instead of waiting months to scrape up the cash. Maybe just spend a few bucks instead on a decent P2P VPN.
The thing is, most 3d assets are made by people just trying to make a living. It's not like pirating software from some multimillion dollar company. A lot of artists on the daz3d shop make just enough to get by.

For this reason i have indeed spend close to $1000 on assets since i started dabbling in daz 9 months ago.

I by no means am trying to put down those who pirate, as i myself have done this on more than one occasion. But if your financial situation allows you to comfortably buy assets, it's nice to throw some money to the asset creators who actually rely on it to stay afloat.

Reactions: K.T.L. and uradamus

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Im a big pervert and love incest games, I would love to create one myself in the future. One thing I find very interesting about incest is the taboo factor, the main fun in having incest sex with your family is that it is wrong in some way because of the pregnancy factor.

However if you take that out of the picture does incest games become boring or not so much intresting if it is all ok.

for example, in the future the governments of the worlds are hoping to have a birthing chambor pod that can be placed in your Livingroom. Everyone will be sterile and if you want to have a child you will order it off the internet, it will come in a small packet delivered to your door and all you do is put the packet contence inside your birthing chambor and in 9 months you will have a child.

That means you can have sex with your whole family whenever you want with no consequences at all. Incest without the taboo. But in my opinion that takes away from the fun. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tdree and woody554

MrStark

Jun 22, 2018
Im a big pervert and love incest games, I would love to create one myself in the future. One thing I find very interesting about incest is the taboo factor, the main fun in having incest sex with your family is that it is wrong in some way because of the pregnancy factor.

However if you take that out of the picture does incest games become boring or not so much intresting if it is all ok.

for example, in the future the governments of the worlds are hoping to have a birthing chambor pod that can be placed in your Livingroom. Everyone will be sterile and if you want to have a child you will order it off the internet, it will come in a small packet delivered to your door and all you do is put the packet contence inside your birthing chambor and in 9 months you will have a child.

That means you can have sex with your whole family whenever you want with no consequences at all. Incest without the taboo. But in my opinion that takes away from the fun. :)

Incest is my biggest genre in adult gaming. Being a huge pervert i have many kinks and taboos i like but incest is my favorite and incest pregnancy is so exciting for me. The idea of cumming inside a female family member and making her pregnant is a huge rush. When a game has both incest and pregnancy thats a game i have to check out. Pregnant sex is an added bonus.

Sep 2, 2017
For example, Jag27 is still around at eyeronikcomics.com. His new stuff is a bit expensive (about 5-6 bucks per issue of his comics), but that dude most definitely has done a lot of pretty neat (and often weird) incest stuff over the years. His new comics don't have dates on them that I can see, but I'm pretty certain he's still putting out new work.
I got to thank you for accidently answering a question I have had for years. Not particularly, a fan of Jag27's body choices, but I remember his works as being one of the early 3d stories, and wondered who was behind it.

kubasaki72

May 12, 2021
If you don't mind getting into manga, here is a search with almost 900 entries for the seach terms: incest, uncensored, and English.

There is a fair bit of reposts/updates in there, but even if only half of them are unique entries that still ought to be enough to keep you going for at least months, and by the time you are through them all there'd bound to be dozens, if not hundreds, more that got released while you were going through those, heh. There's a ton more if you are fine with censoring, a large portion of which comes in the form of little black bars that often do little to obscure anything (part of the reason so many end up uncensored by fans).
Please, not all of us here are that deranged. Well, maybe a few.

3d and games usually don't do it for me.
Very rarely I stumble upon something, that I like a lot, but again, rarely.
So I find majority of incest related stuff on sadpandasite.
Yeah, censorship, yeah Japs(not in a bad way, more like matter of taste), yeah, most of the time you encounter "hentai logic" and end up reading for giggles, but a lot of gold lies in there and I keep finding more and more.
So in the end it's pretty much this "Are you just going back in your archives to watch/play older stuff from before the hammer came down?".
I can suspend a lot of disbelief when running with some of these games, but when I'm expected to gyrate through my own ass hole trying to make "LANDLADY" sound like "MOM," and not hope to kick the living guts out of a censor somewhere, well we're done here. I ask none to give imprimatur to my personal likes, fetishes and proclivities, but I do ask for those who presume to craft my own morals for me to kindly go behind the gas station and duly blow their heads off. There always shall be some pinch-faced schoolmarm self-appointed censors I suppose. And in all cases, censorship is TYRANNY. Period.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I can't remember the precise reasoning for banning incest-themed material, though I think somehow it gets considered as a form of "nonconsensual" content, along with portrayal of sex with minors, mind control, rape, etc. What amazes me is the huge number of games with high school age characters that essentially get a free pass. At some point someone's going to complain about, say, Summertime Saga or Milfy City, arguing(fairly coherently, I'd imagine) that lots of characters having sex appear to be underage(or whatever that means for digital characters), and then, bam, the industry collapses or at least has a major crisis.

I do wonder about just doing things on a more 1:1 level. What about doing small donor payments via paypal, cashapp, venmo, etc, but done direct person-to-person? You don't have to put "for incest porn game" in the payment memo, but I wonder if there's some kind of monitoring mechanism if someone gets, say, 5 grand a month in small payments from 500 different people.

Reactions: DoctorPervic