VN Ren'Py The Gangster [rawmagic] [Development Thread]

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Games these days are hit and miss. Looking forward to see which are you.

Devs who are all over the place in game design get support, based on action and great babes,

while others organize so much the gameplay that it makes gaming convoluted,
make their own little inventions to game play that
gets them too little notice to get a following.

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
Hey Guys, how are you today? it's been a while since the last time I post here, sorry. This week was crazy in the office so I couldn't produce much but today I am here with one more character. Her name is Jean! It's funny because she one of the first characters that I created the backstory and the role but one of the last that I design, physically speaking. I am not 100% sure about her yet, maybe something will change before she appears in the game. I will make a pool for the patrons to decide her final look but for now, I am happy with this one.
View attachment 1184107
I wouldn't change a thing about her, she's awesome, that lingerie is top shelf also.

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Ghost mo DogzBallz Canto Forte Sorry, i send the last comment before finish by accident. Anyway , man, i'm happy that people actually follow the thread. and no, i didn't abandon the game but it got a LOT slower. Because of the covid's my wife lost her job i am had to get another one to pay the bills. I'm working like 14 hours a day and i just get some hours per week to progress the game.
Having said that, I was so glad to hear that people actually follow here that I'll be back to posting more of my process.

DogzBallz

Sep 30, 2021
Ghost mo DogzBallz Canto Forte Sorry, i send the last comment before finish by accident. Anyway , man, i'm happy that people actually follow the thread. and no, i didn't abandon the game but it got a LOT slower. Because of the covid's my wife lost her job i am had to get another one to pay the bills. I'm working like 14 hours a day and i just get some hours per week to progress the game.
Having said that, I was so glad to hear that people actually follow here that I'll be back to posting more of my process.
Glad to hear you haven't abandoned the game. Slow progress is better than no progress. I am looking forward to checking out your game when you do get it done. I understand how hard that would be, I've been working on my own one for months without the added stress of working those hours and I'm still months away from a Dev thread. Hang in there.

Reactions: JeremyCole300

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Hey, guys. as I promised, i'm back. This is a new character that I am working on. I am using her to test new pipelines of production , changing textures... i don't know if that will be her final look yet but i'm enjoying how it's turning out. I will test some animations in the near future too. I will keep you guys updated. Oh, and i don't have a name for her yet, any suggestions ?

Belula first render.png

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Is this one of the abandoned projects? Hope not.
Dont think so. His last post was on a different thread where he posted a render of a "amber" girl. I cant think a girl being called amber in this thread so its either he just creates random renders for fun because of his current situation, or he really works on a new game. I had my hopes up for this. Interesting setting with a interesting approach, and of course the girls looks awesome.

Reactions: lahif

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Hey guys! I've got some updates for you all.

So, about the Gangster game situation, I had to temporarily pause it. Let me explain why. I already had a good chunk of the first chapter done, but in just a few renders, there was a huge difference in quality. Some were really good while others were really bad, so the consistency was just not there. Plus, I was having some difficulties with following through with the hot scenes for the characters due to some quality issues and had to redo a lot of stuff.

On top of that, with my limited work time, it was just going to take forever to finish each chapter and in the end, it would just be a low value delivery, which I don't want. So I made the decision to pause Gangster for a bit and make an intermediate game.

The name of the game (for now) is Not Safe For Work. The game is going to be a collection of short stories, probably 4 or 6 in the first part. Each story will have a different character and my idea is that these characters will come back in future games (by the way, one of the characters from Gangster will be in one of these stories).

Additionally, each story will have some standalone renders of the character and a mini story with around 10 renders. This way, I can really test the character in different situations before moving forward with them in the long run. With the stories this way, I can train the consistency of the renders and try out different techniques while still delivering good value to you guys.

• Wow
Reactions: Bagley and Reifon

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
But I wanted to show my appreciation for all of you here. I was thinking about quitting at the beginning, but seeing that there were actually people interested in the game here made me want to continue.

So, here's the deal. The first set is already ready with around 13 renders and it's on my Patreon. I'll make it available to the rest of the community in the future, but I'm not sure if it'll be 2 weeks after it's posted on Patreon or if it'll only be after the release of the story for that set. I'm still deciding. But to show my gratitude, I'm gonna make it exclusively available for anyone who joins my Discord through this topic here on Thursday, the 16th. So just hit up my Discord through this link here and leave a comment in the general channel and I'll PM you guys.

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Here are some previews for you guys to see, I'll send more on Discord. Hope to see you there.

If you guys want to support me even more, consider joining my Patreon. It would be a huge help and I plan to build this and other games with you guys there! Thank you so much!

pose4.png pose8.png

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Oh, one more thing. In the Patreon they'll be in 4K, but since my PC is still a potato Pc, each HD render took around 3:30 hours on average to be ready. In 4K, besides taking more than 12 hours for render, it still crashes my PC a lot. That's why I'll keep them in HD until my PC gets better and then I'll re-render them all in 4K. when I release them for everyone else, they should still be in HD.

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
Here are some previews for you guys to see, I'll send more on Discord. Hope to see you there.

If you guys want to support me even more, consider joining my Patreon. It would be a huge help and I plan to build this and other games with you guys there! Thank you so much!

View attachment 2377841 View attachment 2377842
Oh my my my it look good. Good job and keep it up. Please do not overstress and burnout. Keep life and game design in balance so this game can complete in future.

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Hey guys! So, today I was chillin' waiting for some renders to finish up, and I decided to create a grown-up version of Bubbles. I'm really happy with how it turned out, but now I'm stuck with a bit of a dilemma... Do I make renders fucking her or not? She's just so damn cute to fuck! What do you guys think? Did you like her?

Bubbles_selfie.png

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
Hey guys! So, today I was chillin' waiting for some renders to finish up, and I decided to create a grown-up version of Bubbles. I'm really happy with how it turned out, but now I'm stuck with a bit of a dilemma... Do I make renders fucking her or not? She's just so damn cute to fuck! What do you guys think? Did you like her?

View attachment 2418715
Oooo that hip must be hot!.... Love it

Raw Magic

Gangster
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2021
Hey guys, what's up? Today I finished half of the first story for the game. Here's how I'm doing it: first, I create some basic renders without worrying too much about lighting or details, just to give a general context. Then, I fit the renders with the already-written text and start tweaking the lighting and other pose details to catch any errors before they happen. I finished this basic composition for half of the story. I'm still debating whether to finish the entire story or move on to the polishing phase and release this first story in two parts. What do you guys think?