• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Update 17][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
Ah ok so the stuff shown in this post was removed then? I can't remember what it looked like the last time I played (don't think I actually opened the mod config).

What's the Fun with friends flag btw? Apparently its disabled on my end.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Ah ok so the stuff shown in this post was removed then? I can't remember what it looked like the last time I played (don't think I actually opened the mod config).

What's the Fun with friends flag btw? Apparently its disabled on my end.
Yeah... it was removed... but not on purpose. A victim of the new textbox stuff. :eek:
There's one choice for which those are important, but either people start from the beginning and still have the correct setting that's needed from part 1 or they are already beyond that part and currently don't need it.

Fun with friends is the choice so that, if in a foursome, the two girls you're currently not entertaining can entertain themselves. Like back when MC was in the Elven forest and you took the guard as your waifu, the other two could enjoy themselves or just watch or sleep or something. "Yeah, my girls can have fun with each other, as long as I'm there too."

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
Is there no way to put text back into the middle position instead of it being in left corner?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Is there no way to put text back into the middle position instead of it being in left corner?
Go to the mod menu > UI (Settings) > scroll down and reduce the width of the textbox.

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
Oh, this is part 1... No, I added that in part 2.
It's 11:30pm here and I'm on my way to bed. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can add the "new" textbox to part 1.
Oh thank god, i was about to go see an ophthalmologist to check my eyesight :KEK:
I got 2 games opened up 1 without mod and 2nd with mod for walkthrough, we smart

• Haha
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Oh thank god, i was about to go see an ophthalmologist to check my eyesight :KEK:
I got 2 games opened up 1 without mod and 2nd with mod for walkthrough, we smart
That's… ingenuity… :ROFLMAO:

So far, I have coded it so that it will only be one mod for both parts. That way all the settings will be the same and if I add a feature to part 2 it's in part 1 too.
Currently testing on part 1, then on part 2, then… uploading?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Renamed download folders. The mods up to now are still there for now, but in the main folder only the latest update will stay.

Unified Mod for Part 1 and Part 2:

Edit: Old "game/mod/" folder needs to be deleted before installation of the unified mod!

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Renamed download folders. The mods up to now are still there for now, but in the main folder only the latest update will stay.

Unified Mod for Part 1 and Part 2:
Does this have any changes or updates to the original 15d mod?

And guessing won't need to upload future updates into part 1* ...

*unless someone finds errors ...

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Does this have any changes or updates to the original 15d mod?

And guessing won't need to upload future updates into part 1* ...

*unless someone finds errors ...
The old mods won't be updated anymore and I will remove them in a version or two. The unified mod has the content of Part 1 and 2 in it, so if someone finds an error in content of Part 1, I will update it in this unified mod.

There's one change, but it's not really important. I mixed up the digits in the line number of the choice, so the bath scene shows both choices and no walkthrough. This is fixed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The old mods won't be updated anymore and I will remove them in a version or two. The unified mod has the content of Part 1 and 2 in it, so if someone finds an error in content of Part 1, I will update it in this unified mod.

There's one change, but it's not really important. I mixed up the digits in the line number of the choice, so the bath scene shows both choices and no walkthrough. This is fixed.
Well damn, now I have to look ...
--
And now I have looked ... and would have done the same thing.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
1707304827403.png

Not sure if this is the mod or in the vanilla game but as you can see the buttons overlay the text.
I'm sure that's easy to fix but I thought I let you know.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
View attachment 3333482

Not sure if this is the mod or in the vanilla game but as you can see the buttons overlay the text.
The vanilla game's textbox is quite a bit heigher and I would recommend to set it to a higher value as well. The auto-height feature is a bit more complicated. I get a certain height (or number of lines) but it doesn't take the font size, font face or some other value into account.

For now, I would suggest increasing the height in the mod settings.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
View attachment 3333482

I think I'm onto something here.
2024-02-07 T 18-55-55 - The Fiery Scion.jpg 2024-02-07 T 18-56-14 - The Fiery Scion.jpg

If this works, it will be a much easier approach than before and not really depending on any calculation.
Brain starts to hurt though and I haven't eaten today (7pm). So I'm taking the rest of the day off. Will probably need to work on something else tomorrow, but somewhere this week I should be able to roll out a revised textbox.

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020
SOoooooo i am getting this error...:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('game/mod/tl/ITA/mod/config.rpy', 1703281472, 548) is defined twice, at game/mod/config.rpyc:3 and game/mod/tl/ITA/mod/config.rpy:3.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\script.py", line 501, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
ScriptError: Name ('game/mod/tl/ITA/mod/config.rpy', 1703281472, 548) is defined twice, at game/mod/config.rpyc:3 and game/mod/tl/ITA/mod/config.rpy:3.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Thu Feb 8 02:34:42 2024