Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Update 18][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Dag Nibbit! I got those Fargin numbers showin' in the upper righ ... I mean upper left corner again! Some'n tol' me once how to get rid of 'em, but can't for the life of me 'member and random key-bashing ain't workin'!

Help!?!

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Dag Nibbit! I got those Fargin numbers showin' in the upper righ ... I mean upper left corner again! Some'n tol' me once how to get rid of 'em, but can't for the life of me 'member and random key-bashing ain't workin'!

Help!?!
F keys 3 or 4? Restart the game should help too.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
All downloads folders are empty? cant download mods from any links :(
For some reasons unknown to me, files.fm seems to delete that folder on a regular basis. Thanks for the hint!
Hosts should be back up!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, love the flair on the updated text box/menu and (still-easy-to-use) adjustments menu (which happened to be needed immediately ... previous probably-adjusted settings had the bottom line behind the new buttons)

EDIT: However, I'm a bit confused about how the "height" setting works. I've had to adjust it a couple times now. The preview doesn't seem to be helpful, since it shows 3-4 lines (depending on the width) yet even one line was too low at first, then after making adjustments, the first line that wrapped needed another adjustment. Waiting to see if a third line creates problems again.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Okay, love the flair on the updated text box/menu and (still-easy-to-use) adjustments menu (which happened to be needed immediately ... previous probably-adjusted settings had the bottom line behind the new buttons)

EDIT: However, I'm a bit confused about how the "height" setting works. I've had to adjust it a couple times now. The preview doesn't seem to be helpful, since it shows 3-4 lines (depending on the width) yet even one line was too low at first, then after making adjustments, the first line that wrapped needed another adjustment. Waiting to see if a third line creates problems again.
First of all, thank you for your kind words. :D

Secondly: HA! When I talked with someone about the textbox they immediately went to "there's empty space, make it auto-adjust".
Soooo, I have that feature that the textbox auto-adjusts it's height according to the lines of text in the textbox, buuuuut the renderer that calculates that value doesn't take the font selection into account. So it's right most of the time, but sometimes it adds a line too much... Writing about it now, that could also be the font outline that might make the text wider? Anyway, there's an auto-adjust planned for the future just didn't get it to work well for this update.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
First of all, thank you for your kind words. :D

Secondly: HA! When I talked with someone about the textbox they immediately went to "there's empty space, make it auto-adjust".
Soooo, I have that feature that the textbox auto-adjusts it's height according to the lines of text in the textbox, buuuuut the renderer that calculates that value doesn't take the font selection into account. So it's right most of the time, but sometimes it adds a line too much... Writing about it now, that could also be the font outline that might make the text wider? Anyway, there's an auto-adjust planned for the future just didn't get it to work well for this update.
Good to know. And yea, I'm not using the default settings on font or outline.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are you sure you don't want to post that in the game thread? ;-)
Please update your mod for "update 15d" :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love::love::love::LOL:
As usual, I forgot to update the title of the thread. Updated the mod two days ago.
Re-added the download links and added the correct version number, so you don't have to click on that spoiler-tag for "Part 2". :D

Reactions: Punto

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hi im not sure how to fix this i installed it like normal
This had an image attached, showing a "config defined twice" error message.
Code:
While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('game/mod/config.rpy', 1707069265, 0) is defined twice, at game/config.rpyc:1 and game/mod/config.rpy:1.
Keeping this info here anonymized, in case someone else has the problem as well.

My reply:
It looks like the mod is installed twice. Maybe you overwrote the old version of the game with the new and tried to update the mod? For one of the mod installations you took the content of the "mod" and copied it into the game folder, instead of the "mod" folder itself.

Copy the complete "mod" folder, not just the content, into your "game" directory.

It has to look like "The Fiery Scion/game/mod/..." not "The Fiery Scion/game/gallery".

There's no easy way than to remove the second install of the mod, so I recommend making a new/clean install of TFS + mod.

Last edited:

Punto

Jun 18, 2020
Haha caught it too. Gotta drink cod liver oil. We used to have to do this as children too, it's supposed to promote memory. - Fun - Don't take it easy on me.
:D:D:D:D

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Haha caught it too. Gotta drink cod liver oil. We used to have to do this as children too, it's supposed to promote memory. - Fun - Don't take it easy on me.
:D:D:D:D
Huh? What? Cod liver oil? What's memory?
tenor.gif

• Haha

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
Hrm, something odd is going on. I have the latest version of the game:
and the latest version of the mod (The-Fiery-Scion_v15d_Multi-Mod_RiamMar.zip), but the mod's about page says it is for v0.13:
and I'm not getting any choice filters showing up, just a choice mod on/off toggle in the Settings tab. Is something screwed up or is it working as intended?

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hrm, something odd is going on. I have the latest version of the game:
and the latest version of the mod (The-Fiery-Scion_v15d_Multi-Mod_RiamMar.zip), but the mod's about page says it is for v0.13:
and I'm not getting any choice filters showing up, just a choice mod on/off toggle in the Settings tab. Is something screwed up or is it working as intended?
Yeah, that's me forgetting to update the version number for to updates in a row. New personal best. :ROFLMAO:

Flags that are associated with a specific character should be in the "Characters" tab.
2024-02-06 T 16-36-05 - The Fiery Scion.jpg
The other three should be in "Story Flags"
2024-02-06 T 16-36-10 - The Fiery Scion.png

If that's what you have, than it's working "as intended" minus the, lets call it typo, wrong version number.