Mod Ren'Py The Fiery Scion Multi-Mod [Update 17][RiamMar]

Would you like to have the option to show the textbox ornaments?

• Yes

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 122 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge One Hand Clapping
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Can you post the file "game/mod/tl/ITA/mod/config.rpy" here? It should be only a translation file, so I'm not sure why it's throwing this error.

I'm on my way to bed (22:43 here), so after you posted you could delete the complete folder "game/mod/tl"? After that, this error shouldn't appear anymore and I will have a look at the file you posted tomorrow.

Reactions: Fucker289

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020
Can you post the file "game/mod/tl/ITA/mod/config.rpy" here? It should be only a translation file, so I'm not sure why it's throwing this error.

I'm on my way to bed (22:43 here), so after you posted you could delete the complete folder "game/mod/tl"? After that, this error shouldn't appear anymore and I will have a look at the file you posted tomorrow.

Added that file below,
and i checked both file and they are exactly same,
so i tried to delete the mod and redownload it from here but same error

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020

I followed your instruction about deleting 'tl' folder in mod but then another error pop up...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/mod/styles/frame.rpy", line 18, in script
style ModScreenInputFrame:
File "game/mod/styles/frame.rpy", line 19, in <module>
background Solid (defaultSettings ["styles"]["menu"]["buttonBackgroundColor"])
NameError: name 'defaultSettings' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\main.py", line 564, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build-fix/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2991, in execute
self.apply()
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2974, in apply
value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1153, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1146, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/mod/styles/frame.rpy", line 19, in <module>
background Solid (defaultSettings ["styles"]["menu"]["buttonBackgroundColor"])
NameError: name 'defaultSettings' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
The Fiery Scion Update_15d
Sat Feb 10 02:50:16 2024

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020
I though same as well that's it shouldn't give this error as only translation file, so i deleted ITA folder only but still error, download it many times but both config file always same.
i copy eng config file lol in ita but error again...

I might as well study ren py while i am at it lol

whyyyy am i only one who keep reciving errorrrrrrrr
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I though same as well that's it shouldn't give this error as only translation file, so i deleted ITA folder only but still error, download it many times but both config file always same.
i copy eng config file lol in ita but error again...

I might as well study ren py while i am at it lol

whyyyy am i only one who keep reciving errorrrrrrrr
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
There's something majorly wrong with your mod installation :eek:

name 'defaultSettings' is not defined

This means, that the config file in the mod folder is missing...
The "config" file in the TL folders should only hold translations for the buttons in the mod menu. There are some language identifier in that config file as well (right at the start ITA/ENG) that tell renpy for which language that file is, just copying it over will produce yet another error we haven't encountered yet as well. So don't do that. :D

Try:

a) delete the mod folder
b) redownload the mod and copy the mod folder into the game folder

or:

delete the game completely and make a new install and then copy the mod folder into the game folder.

Attached is the zip of the mod I just run the game with.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021

The "config" file in the TL folders should only hold translations for the buttons in the mod menu. There are some language identifier in that config file as well (right at the start ITA/ENG) that tell renpy for which language that file is, just copying it over will produce yet another error we haven't encountered yet as well. So don't do that. :D

Try:

a) delete the mod folder

or:

delete the game completely and make a new install and then copy the mod folder into the game folder.

D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\

This path alone... :KEK: :HideThePain:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
D:\Game\The_Fiery_Scion-Update_15d-pc\TFS-Update_15d-pc\

This path alone... :KEK: :HideThePain:
That's harmless compared with what I've seen in other reports. :HideThePain:

Once someone even hit the MAX_PATH length :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Uthuriel

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020

Try:

a) delete the mod folder

or:

ok well i deleted whole damm game and redownloaded it
copy mod from what you gave me now and well it works.... whyyyyy it doesn't work previsluyyyyy
everything is damm same...

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
ok well i deleted whole damm game and redownloaded it
copy mod from what you gave me now and well it works.... whyyyyy it doesn't work previsluyyyyy
everything is damm same...
Computer
imagination-spongebob-squarepants.gif

Well, glad it works now. HF!

zevros

Jan 21, 2020
i decided to replay part 1 with the new mod. i am having trouble understanding the don't show config. if i followed the example right then to get good and harem they need to be off. but when i do have them off then all i get with Naesala is to throw a fireball. is "don't show" suppose to be "show"?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
i decided to replay part 1 with the new mod. i am having trouble understanding the don't show config. if i followed the example right then to get good and harem they need to be off. but when i do have them off then all i get with Naesala is to throw a fireball. is "don't show" suppose to be "show"?
Ah yes, now that you say that I can vaguely remember that in part 1 the filter worked opposite...
I'll see to it, that I update the choices.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
is "don't show" suppose to be "show"?
Here's the updated version. Please let me know if there's an issue with a later choice. Am currently a bit sickly, so I haven't tested till the end.

Reactions: zevros

zevros

Jan 21, 2020
i will take a look over this weekend.

update: so far so good even fixed some errors that occured in my first replay.

had no problems thank you for the effective fix.

Last edited:

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Is it just me or do the large buttons at the bottom of the screen sometimes block the text? I couldn't find any way to get rid of them. Also, do I need to select a route in the mod menu for the walkthrough to function?

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Is it just me or do the large buttons at the bottom of the screen sometimes block the text? I couldn't find any way to get rid of them. Also, do I need to select a route in the mod menu for the walkthrough to function?
No, the walkthrough should show up no matter what. Selecting a route would simple remove certain choices. E.g. selecting "Harem" in the "No Show" section would remove most of the sex opportunities with maids and such.

You can go to the mod menu (middle button) and go to "UI" then scroll down and increase the textbox height a bit. I'm working on an auto-height textadjustment, but that has to wait a bit, since I'm loaded with work for an upcomming game release.

Reactions: BigBlob69

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
No, the walkthrough should show up no matter what. Selecting a route would simple remove certain choices. E.g. selecting "Harem" in the "No Show" section would remove most of the sex opportunities with maids and such.

You can go to the mod menu (middle button) and go to "UI" then scroll down and increase the textbox height a bit. I'm working on an auto-height textadjustment, but that has to wait a bit, since I'm loaded with work for an upcomming game release.
Thank you <3 In my opinion, I wouldn't worry too much about automatic height adjustment because that might be a bit jarring anyway. Just have a play of the very start of the first game with the default MCM settings and you'll see that by adjusting the text up just a bit it sits above the menu, so maybe consider changing that default for the next release. Or an option to hide all the buttons at the bottom would be lovely. But in any case thanks for the mod, it's clear you put a lot of time into it.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Would you consider adding a gallery function?
Hey there!
I'm currently under heavy load for another game that's going to release in March, so I don't really have the time to look into a replay gallery. Maybe after, but I can't promise anything.

Reactions: methusalix55

FluffyT

Jan 5, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.
File "game/mod/screens/quick_menu.rpy", line 74: u'nearrect' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the screen statement.
    nearrect:
            ^
Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Sun Mar 3 23:37:10 2024