3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

Lost_Soldiers

Dec 1, 2017
Great demo, the visuals are phenomenal and music is sweet(could use some more chill though). This is easily my 2018's top 5 3d games.

GustafPL

Jun 18, 2017
Agreed with other positive comments. Nice characters, great visuals. Wish you a progressive work in next year, hope you're will make great story.

P.S Sorry for my english

Reactions: Lost_Soldiers

Aorrta

The Secret - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2017

Hello, guys!

AORRTA here.

First of all, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I hope we'll have a lot of wonderful, beautiful and, most importantly, long games in the upcoming year.

I'd like to present you with a little gift of my own. A Christmas Special!

This episode stands on its own, separate from the main story. I really hope you'll like it.

Also, I want to tell you about some changes in the numeration of the game builds.

To stop all further confusion about the 1.1.1 build, it's now going to be changed to 0.1.1.1.

The Christmas Special is 0.1.1.2. All the other specials are going to change the last number, and the future builds will change the third one.

Public builds will have a "P" prefix.

Patreon builds will have an "F" prefix.

I hope I didn't confuse you too much.

A little about the Christmas Special:

As you can see, I've added the ability to move the hero around the apartment.

In the future episodes a map with many places to visit will be added.

I'll also try to implement the "look at, touch, interact with, speak to"-system, just like in the old quest games.

The move from Renpy to Unreal Engine 4 will be happening around march/april of 2018.

A big thank you to everyone who supports the project on Patreon! Without you I wouldn't be able to spend so much time on it.

And of course, a big thanks to the f95 forum! You guys are the best!

Happy holidays!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'll also try to implement the "look at, touch, interact with, speak to"-system, just like in the old quest games.
Even tho game' theme dosn't perfectly fit my taste you bought me with this. Damn I miss those options in modern games. I know look option will most likely deal with people mostly but it's something at least. In best old games (mostly Goblinboy) we could've look at almost every body part of characters and see some renders with description. Loved that aspect and hope it will be implemented in some, even much simplier, form.

MasterKrull

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
v1.1 - Intro

First release!

Features:
  • FullHD 1080p render quality.
  • Unique background music for almost each scene.
  • Non-linear narrative, abundance of choices.
  • Animations!
Future plans:
  • Voice actors for female characters.
  • 4K renders with 1080p downscale.
  • Native English-speaking writer.
  • Move the game to Unreal Engine 4.
why do 4k? this is the first release this is useless
music is the same this is to 0.98 version and go to unreal is the same to say that you wont continue the game, this a hard engine and is more suitable to a large group.
if you stay in the story do regular updates, this can be a good project dont try make The Last of Us with MSPaint.

Aorrta

The Secret - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2017
why do 4k? this is the first release this is useless
music is the same this is to 0.98 version and go to unreal is the same to say that you wont continue the game, this a hard engine and is more suitable to a large group.
if you stay in the story do regular updates, this can be a good project dont try make The Last of Us with MSPaint.
UE4 is not complicated if you work with it in static.
I want to make a game where the main character can move around freely in the locations. This is not difficult, considering that all models and textures are already available.
With CG sex scenes.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
UE4 is not complicated if you work with it in static.
I want to make a game where the main character can move around freely in the locations. This is not difficult, considering that all models and textures are already available.
With CG sex scenes.
kind of RPGMaker game in 3D ..... sound interresting

jax63

Sep 8, 2017
I think the game is great so far!
But every 3d game where you can move your char sucks, so far. The grafik isn't what it could be.
Please don't go to Unreal Engine 4.

Reactions: N7

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
I think the game is great so far!
But every 3d game where you can move your char sucks, so far. The grafik isn't what it could be.
Please don't go to Unreal Engine 4.
I agree. Ren'Py is great for adult games.

Reactions: N7

Aorrta

The Secret - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2017
I can make UE4 version and RenPy version. If it's so lame as you think, I'll continue to make the game on RenPy

jax63

Sep 8, 2017
Ok i could be wrong. I should wait and make a desicion when you ad the ut engine.
Will you still render the scenes in your current software(i asume daz) or will it be all done in unreal?
But i think this game has the potenial to be one of the big adult games like big brother.
And you are on my list for patreons i will support 2018.

Oh and thank you for the xmas special, i played it, and i like it.

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Great renders. I tend to like a bit more character development, but I really enjoyed the visual work. Even though Ren'Py is a great engine, not every game should be made in it. If you feel Unreal is the right choice for the game you want to make and that you can use the engine then you should go for it. It is your game so make your vision.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Go for the Unreal engine, dream big. If it's shit you can always go back. Not a whole lot of stuff real time renders, your game will stand out.

sisiol

Nov 15, 2016
I can make UE4 version and RenPy version. If it's so lame as you think, I'll continue to make the game on RenPy
You can definitely achieve more in UE4, than Renpy. I would say try it, but in the end it's your project, and you have envisions on what the game can be and achieve. UE4 might turn low-end systems off though

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes