VN - Ren'Py - The Eternal King [v0.1] [Charmillian]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Lerd0

review for v0.1.

this shit peak fam, super cute girls, funny af mc , lots of jokes , some good plot set up for the future.
    and aki is best girl ever will protect, or get protected.
    can't wait for more, plz, gib more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

johnmnf692

This game is a breath of fresh air, which is ironic since it's fairly trope filled. The quality of this game is a testament to the importance of execution. Characters with good designs and likable personalities, who are actually distinct from one another. An MC who is simultaneously smart, willful, and not a scumbag (this is a big plus due to the sheer volume of MCs who are either wimpy, dumb, and/or creepy). That MC has a good relationship with his mom and both of his sisters, is also worth mentioning. While I don't mind a bit of tsundere, the "one sister loves you and one hates you" trope is among my least favorite. As is boyfriend (or ex-bf) drama, especially when it comes to sisters, which thankfully is not even slightly present. While I do greatly appreciate the efforts of ESL devs, it is always nice to see a game which is written by a native, or at least fluent, English speaker. I also always love to see outlined text with no textbox, hallelujah! The only real criticism I can think of is that the bloom and/or gamma is a little too intense in some scenes (like the MC sitting on the couch with his mom). I can't wait to see more of this extremely promising game.

And as others have pointed out Aki is particularly adorable, as are Aria and Sienna.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

WatchWaitWhisper

Reviewing the very first demo release. The dev's note of this being trash, but the best kind of trash, set expectations for me perfectly. It does what it sets out to do, with the short segment currently available there's an interesting setup and pretty likable characters, and most importantly for me the writing is good, which is what kills my interest in a disappointingly large portion of this genre of game. Read on the patreon that the dev is going linear instead of sandbox: in my eyes, definitely the right choice, takes a *very* good sandbox to be just a decent experience. If I have a criticism with the game so far it's that the transitions from scene to scene are very, very abrupt, it's a bit jarring at some points, and makes the story feel a bit disconnected. If I could give it 4.5 stars I would, but I don't think the pacing issues are worth removing a full star for.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Aetheran

Very strong initial release. So far, only the prologue and (I assume) a portion of Chapter 1 is released, totalling maybe an hour of content, 1 sex scene, and 1 BJ scene.

The writing itself is polished and well done; The dev states they are an English major and it shows. However, one criticism of the writing would be that a few of the scene-to-scene transitions seem a bit abrupt.

I can't comment that much on the story since there's so little content so far, but I can see it has potential. The dev seems to have a plan on where he wants to go with the story/characters.

As for the characters themselves, the girls are all cute and varied, both in looks and personality. Most of them aren't too extravagant in their design, but that's to be expected given the setting (high school, I assume?).

The game is fairly large for the amount of content (1 GB uncompressed), but I believe the dev has stated they already fixed this by using better video/image compression for future versions.

All in all, this is a very solid demo build and I have high hopes for this game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

boobs_lover_69

absolutely stellar first release. Not a lot of the whole "superpower" thing yet, which is weird for a game which seems to be built around that concept, but the writing is legitimately great at times, it's not a soup of typos, and the one H-scene so far was actually hot, which makes it leagues above most of the first releases on this site. The biggest negative other than the relative lack of content and somewhat basic models is that the scenes felt very disjointed, with very little transition and flow from one scene to the next. While this led to me never getting bored of the amount of exposition being thrown at me, it also made it difficult to see any thru-line in the MC's story so far, and made the relationships unclear as of yet. Very excited for the game's future, although I hope the dev can trim down the file size in the future, because there is not enough content in this game to warrant almost a full gigabyte.