Unreal Engine - The Domain [v0.1.0.0] [Blue Moon Studios]

1. 2.00 star(s)

abao

You start in a house.

There is only one thing to do: walk around with WASD, and press "interact" when one of the few objects lights up to watch a different mediocre animation play (buggy screen transition).

That's it.

There's nothing informative in a demo this early in production, so I can't even say whether this is promising or not. It's just too early to tell.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Alex_Horn

Okay, The Domain.

Well, I try not to say anything about early projects, but when I see someone starting to do it, sorry, I have to put in my two cents.

Not good or bad, of course, metahuman is not something to praise because, well... come on, guys, praise not the project but the epic for such a beautiful model.

I didn't notice genitals stretching or animations of tentacles being somehow... I don't know, they don't look like tentacles, quite wooden.

The customizer is good, but not without problems in the form of crashes and the like, which is quite common in the project.

My favorite is the gameplay, walking around the house and examining everything possible. I really liked the ability to move the character using the WASD keys, but there's a lack of weapons. You might ask me why the heck do we need weapons?

Hold on...

You see, as a player who wants to convey an important thought to the developer, I'm taking the opportunity... I'm not interested in tentacles, and I insist that the health indicator should be on the screen, as well as information about the weapons we have. Yes, it's a big drawback that we can't carry weapons with us, and it's very frustrating. Also, I couldn't find the skill tree. Damn... it's a pity because how is that possible!? We're in a house with tentacles and can't resist them? Actually, nothing is clear, no explanation of what we need to do here, and it's not clear how to jump. Tentacles are not visible, and we don't know when they will attack us.

In general, very bad, unplayable, controls are unclear, awful...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

TheBadger44

I really hope this game goes somewhere. In version 1 the domain is a tech demo that demonstrates Blue Moon knows how to code and animate. There is a fair bit of content but its not really a game just a house with a number of objects to queue animations. The options within the animations are pretty limited at the moment but lets hope that improves as well as having non tenticle "horrors" and a bit of more fetish but for a v.1 this is great. Has the makings of a really great adult game. As I want this project to develop I supported it on Patreon.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

buonbed

(review made on v0.1.0.0 of the game)
    TL;DR: good looking game with a lot of potential but nothing really to show for at the moment, worth keeping an eye on and see where it goes.

A lot of things done right in here even if it's basically just a tech demo

First of all let's talk about graphics: the game looks absolutely great and doesn't run that bad on my rtx 2060 with the exception of the "spray cum" interaction which absolutely murders my fps

Character creation: fairly good considering the very early stage of development, even if i suspect it being recycled from Blue Moon's other game (which, for the record, I haven't played yet), there is currently no way of modifying the body, probably because it would make positioning during animations a nightmare.
    Currently has one item of clothing per category and loosely takes player choice in account (even if you choose not to wear something you will at some point have it on during gameplay) which is perfectly understandable

Gameplay: Not much to show to be honest, just a collection of animations in various spots, but what I saw so far was promising, the movement system feels VERY stock asset-y and the collection of character emotions is perhaps too subtle and not really appreciable but the level design and overall mood suggest the possibility of a good story coated in mystery and horror.

Honorable mentions for voice lines, extremely convincing in the intro sequence, not so much so during gameplay but not at all horrible

Little Bug report: after the shower scene the moaning doesn't stop and the rest of the gameplay will be cursed by moaning and heavy breathing and, as previously mentioned in "character creation", the choice of clothing (or lack of clothing) it's not fully taken in account during gameplay