JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
lol there's so many things wrong with your post that it left me dumbfounded for a moment.
Let's break it down, shall we?

Page 1 says the release date for v 9.6 here was 8 May last year, and it appears that he has been collecting patreon payments for a good while longer. A few dev's have been able to make their game a full time job, but for most it is a hobby.
And if I had been paying him patreon for all that time, I would probably be stomping around the room.
Hopes did say this is a hobby for him, multiple times in fact both here and on his Patreon.
So what is your point in this part here?

Also, with Patreon, yes there's the monthly Patreon subscription payments, but it's not like the Patrons were forced to continue supporting Hopes. That's not how Patron works.
The onus is on the Patreon subscriber him/herself on whether to continue supporting Hopes or unsubscribe and support another dev.

No, I think, if he has been neglecting this game for 9 months, we should call it that. If the dev were cultivating his player base, he could certainly make this his full time job, like dpc with bad.

What I see is that he put together just about the best game on f95 for season 1, ended it with a drop dead cliff hanger, and then took a nap. I am not convinced there will be a season 2 at this point. It is true he put up his Steam page 27 Feb this year. But f95 says the game is a lot older than that.
Before the steam release (he decided to go into full time with s01 steam), he had his own separate primary job (restaurant iirc), not to mention a back surgery, getting engaged, and moving into his new house.
Several irl stuff that he needed to deal with.

And perhaps if he didn't have those things happening, he might have done some more work on the game.

But to say he took a nap after season 1, and season 2 being doubtful (according to you)? :FacePalm:
Well, that is flat out wrong.

I should know, I chat with him sometimes, and he does at times keep me in the loop; not like I think he owes me anything, but talking about the game with him, helping in for some stuff (such as discussing of the Codex, and testing the VN mode for him, as well as some ideas that I thought would be cool), he did share some stuff, which I share here as well with his permission.

And one of those things is that season 2 is definitely coming; there's even a screenshot of a season 2 scene which I ported in this thread hence he did work on s02 to some extent at least.

So please. Look things up before jumping to unfounded conclusions/predictions.

The origin date for this thread is July 2018, so that tells us how long he has actually been working on this. 9 versions in 5 years (up to last May). That is almost 2 versions a year. If you include the .6 with the 9, it is almost certainly 2 a year. Yeah, I'm feeling a little disturbed.
lol you're totally ignoring the time he took to develop the Contracts gameplay mechanics for v0.07 (which was quite a while).
Where's our droid friend c3p0?

I remember him having the release schedules for one of his posts.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I should know, I chat with him sometimes, and he does at times keep me in the loop; not like I think he owes me anything, but talking about the game with him, helping in for some stuff (such as discussing of the Codex, and testing the VN mode for him, as well as some ideas that I thought would be cool), he did share some stuff, which I share here as well with his permission.
And not seeing Antonio wasn't in there. We know on which Delucas your eye where, yet regardless:
shame.gif
Where's our droid friend @c3p0?

I remember him having the release schedules for one of his posts.
Ask and you shall receive: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-deluca-family-v0-09-6-hopesgaming.15459/post-9533450

• Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: whichone and JJJ84

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
How is this game baerly 1 year not updated but not marked as abandoned`?
Read Section 3. of the rules to find the answer to your question.
so there are bo updates anymore on here? Only on steam?
Same as most games here, they arrive here when someone (generally a patron) leaks it.
The Steam release has no new content, apart from a codex with some lore & VN mode.
When Season 2 gets released to Patreon, it will probably end up here sometime shortly after.
No, I think, if he has been neglecting this game for 9 months, we should call it that.
He has been making the game in his spare time, whilst working a full time job, throughout its development, so it taking a while is perfectly understandable, imo.
He also recently got engaged & I think he bought a new place with his partner, which is a pretty big life change.
I don't really think you can call that "neglecting the game".

I agree that 11 months is a long time for just a Steam package & it will probably be closer to 18 months by the time S02E01 is done, but he's gone full time with developing the game now so we can justifiably expect updates to be quicker, going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimHawk

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Read Section 3. of the rules to find the answer to your question.

Same as most games here, they arrive here when someone (generally a patron) leaks it.
The Steam release has no new content, apart from a codex with some lore & VN mode.
When Season 2 gets released to Patreon, it will probably end up here sometime shortly after.

He has been making the game in his spare time, whilst working a full time job, throughout its development, so it taking a while is perfectly understandable, imo.
He also recently got engaged & I think he bought a new place with his partner, which is a pretty big life change.
I don't really think you can call that "neglecting the game".

I agree that 11 months is a long time for just a Steam package & it will probably be closer to 18 months by the time S02E01 is done, but he's gone full time with developing the game now so we can justifiably expect updates to be quicker, going forward.
Anything is possible. 18 months, huh? You might be aware of the stink DPC gets for his record of yearly BaD updates. It is possible to give some credence to subsequent updates because anytime something of interest (progress reports, etc.) appears on patreon from him, it is up on f95 within a day or so. And DPC does not come on f95 and say, the next season release is cancelled.

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Anything is possible. 18 months, huh? You might be aware of the stink DPC gets for his record of yearly BaD updates. It is possible to give some credence to subsequent updates because anytime something of interest (progress reports, etc.) appears on patreon from him, it is up on f95 within a day or so. And DPC does not come on f95 and say, the next season release is cancelled.
HE HAS A REAL LIFE THAT HAS TAKEN UP MUCH OF HIS TIME!

How is this so hard for you to understand? Should he put his life on hold so you can get free stuff faster?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
DPC does not come on f95 and say, the next season release is cancelled.
If you're bothered by that from Hopes, then it seems like you really don't know him, and his sarcasm is totally lost on you. :KEK::HideThePain:

For people who have been following this game a while, and have been chatting with him either on this thread or on his discord, they know this is part of his fun banter that he does to interact with the folks.

Anything is possible. 18 months, huh? You might be aware of the stink DPC gets for his record of yearly BaD updates. It is possible to give some credence to subsequent updates because anytime something of interest (progress reports, etc.) appears on patreon from him, it is up on f95 within a day or so.
DPC from what I heard is not fond or is even accepting of pirate sites like the zone (f95zone) in general.
Hence, I don't even remember DPC even being on the zone (I doubt he even has an account lol); though I might not be the most reliable source of info for that since I never go to that thread lol, and I'm just guessing on what I remember when I used to go to that thread in very early days.

And that is fine, there are devs who are like that.
On the flip side there are devs who like to interact with the fans on the zone's thread like Hopes.

But really.
What is even the point you're trying to make here?

Are you really that upset that Hopes is not making his monthly report to you, telling you bunch of detail of his progress reports etc, so much that you're trying to make the same point over and over again?
Goodness me.

I said it once, and I'll say it again;

"He was not a full time developer until now (went to being fulltime when season 1 went to Steam). He had a lot of IRL stuff that happened which took up his time. Developers are human too, & have lives outside their game."

Last edited:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Anything is possible. 18 months, huh? You might be aware of the stink DPC gets for his record of yearly BaD updates.
DPC makes over 120 grand a month. He can afford the best equipment and to devote the majority of his time to making the game. Hopes is not DOC.

It is possible to give some credence to subsequent updates because anytime something of interest (progress reports, etc.) appears on patreon from him, it is up on f95 within a day or so.
Because of pirates. What's the uploaders not pirating the new version to the forum have to do with hopes?

And DPC does not come on f95 and say, the next season release is cancelled.
DPC doesn't come on f95 zone at all because he hates this site and all the pirates on it. Including you.

And if hopes taking a jab at you for whining like a little bitch makes you upset, my advice to you is to load up on the paxil cause life is gonna be really sad.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Hence, I don't even remember DPC even being on the zone (I doubt he even has an account lol); though I might not be the most reliable source of info for that since I never go to that thread lol, and I'm just guessing on what I remember when I used to go to that thread in very early days.
He was, back during acting class the early going of BADIK. But when he started making real cash he dropped this site like a bad habit and began fighting against the site he built his career on. A true disciple of Lars Ulrich.

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
HE HAS A REAL LIFE THAT HAS TAKEN UP MUCH OF HIS TIME!

How is this so hard for you to understand? Should he put his life on hold so you can get free stuff faster?
If you're bothered by that from Hopes, then it seems like you really don't know him, and his sarcasm is totally lost on you. :KEK::HideThePain:

For people who have been following this game a while, and have been chatting with him either on this thread or on his discord, they know this is part of his fun banter that he does to interact with the folks.

DPC from what I heard is not fond or is even accepting of pirate sites like the zone (f95zone) in general.

And that is fine, there are devs who are like that.
On the flip side there are devs who like to interact with the fans on the zone's thread like Hopes.

But really.
What is even the point you're trying to make here?

Are you really that upset that Hopes is not making his monthly report to you, telling you bunch of detail of his progress reports etc, so much that you're trying to make the same point over and over again?
Goodness me.

I said it once, and I'll say it again;

"He was not a full time developer until now (went to being fulltime when season 1 went to Steam). He had a lot of IRL stuff that happened which took up his time. Developers are human too, & have lives outside their game."
You guys are getting outraged, with capital letters and all.

When I arrived here the first time a week or two ago and asked about the update, guys started asking me to go get it for you, woncha, ydoncha. It thought maybe you had lost your leakers, so I stuck around and watched for a while. Nope, no leak. I did go to patreon and considered doing the deed, but I saw his price for that kind of access was 20+ Canadian which is high relative to what other devs ask. So, I thought, either the high price has discouraged leakers, or the dev has figured out who they are and banned them all. I try not to get banned even if I don't want to go to a place, burning bridges is a bad idea.

And now, still no update, so yeh, I guess your leaker has scrammed one way or the other.

So, I thought, for the price of that patreon access, I can buy the game on steam, so I did that. Now, if there should
happen to be a further update, I will get it without the fuss.

The truth is, I really don't have a dog in this f95 race anymore. But I think you guys really can't assume that the next release, with content, will be available here. You don't have a leaker.

I don't think that download access is given lower patreon tiers even the benefit list doesn't say so, as I was told here. No,no.

And if a dev comes around and says, there won't be any season two, my impulse is to respect him enough to believe what he says. Certainly, I am not going to bet against that. He didn't say, teehee, or give a smiley.

What I think is that you guys could be a little more honest about the situation here.

You know what, if you guys were so enthused about prospects, one of you could have done the deed, ydoncha, and get the update. You could have saved me $20+.

And, yeh, he has a life, so do all the other devs, but I bet 18 months is a record breaker for an update. Maybe it will happen, but it is not a good bet.

Reactions: Virgin@Xx

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

When I arrived here the first time a week or two ago and asked about the update, guys started asking me to go get it for you, woncha, ydoncha. It thought maybe you had lost your leakers, so I stuck around and watched for a while. Nope, no leak. I did go to patreon and considered doing the deed, but I saw his price for that kind of access was 20+ Canadian which is high relative to what other devs ask. So, I thought, either the high price has discouraged leakers, or the dev has figured out who they are and banned them all. I try not to get banned even if I don't want to go to a place, burning bridges is a bad idea.

And now, still no update, so yeh, I guess your leaker has scrammed one way or the other.

So, I thought, for the price of that patreon access, I can buy the game on steam, so I did that. Now, if there should

The truth is, I really don't have a dog in this f95 race anymore. But I think you guys really can't assume that the next release, with content, will be available here. You don't have a leaker.

I don't think that download access is given lower patreon tiers even the benefit list doesn't say so, as I was told here. No,no.

And if a dev comes around and says, there won't be any season two, my impulse is to respect him enough to believe what he says. Certainly, I am not going to bet against that. He didn't say, teehee, or give a smiley.

What I think is that you guys could be a little more honest about the situation here.

You know what, if you guys were so enthused about prospects, one of you could have done the deed, ydoncha, and get the update. You could have save me $20+.
One thing to clarify the reason why the price seems a high on pateron is because of steam. Dev's aren't allowed to have it cheaper than the price set on steam. As for the lack of a leak, well that boils down to there really isnt any new content so not worth the leak other than VN mode and the codex. Or the ones that are at the correct tier for Pateron just dont want to leak. That and well there is probably a good amount of people that rather get the game on steam. But seeing this game is pretty popular maybe not on the level of some of the bigger ones but popular enough id wager it will get leaked within the first week or so when there is new content.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
lmao I put that last bit in bold and underline because you just don't seem to get it (despite myself and other people explaining it to you) and go on and on with this like a broken radio.

Well, I don't even remember you until your most recent post, so I wouldn't know what some others may have said (regarding you getting it for them etc etc) - which explains it, since I've been less frequent on this thread than I have in the past.

Having said that, what are you even going on about with "you had lost your leakers"? :KEK:
A Patron leaking the update is that person doing it out of genorosity, not because as if it's their job and they have an obligation to it or anything.
And while at times the same Patron may leak the game twice in a row (or more), that's not guaranteed; it is very possible a different person may leak the game with the different update.

So there's nothing "lost" (lol), it's just that people don't believe leaking this one (version 1.00 Soldato Edition) as a priority, given there is no main story (or girls freeroam) events update. Only thing this Soldato Edition updates in terms of new stuff is the Codex (Lore section) & VN mode (same story as Full Experience & Just Story, but none of the gameplay stuff).

That's why in this thread, for those asking for the update, there were some people (such as SonsOfLiberty, the biggest compressor of games in this site) said "It's got really nothing new in terms of Main game stuff. But if you want the update that badly, either buy it from Steam or get it from Patreon."

Hence, it's got nothing to do with game "losing leakers" cause there are no set/fixed leakers to begin with.
It just comes to whomever feels generous to leak it on the zone.

You say that you don't have a dog in the f95 race, yet you're here whining.
See how you're contradicting yourself?

And I already explained the next release being available here.
It's none of that "no leaker" nonsense you're continuously referring to lol

Oh, boy. You came to that conclusion with your infinite wisdom? :HideThePain:

Sure, Hopes didn't put any teehee, smiley/laughs, but you didn't notice the Heart emotes myself and some others laughing out loud emotes, not to mention this post by Mortarion which reaction emotes were pretty darn clear what it was?

https://f95zone.to/threads/the-deluca-family-v0-09-6-hopesgaming.15459/post-13396675

Also, you said you first arrived here a week or so ago.
As I've said before, there's plenty of posts in this thread of imported dev posts (had you even bothered to search, it's obvious that you didn't, since you continuously go on with this absurdity that the game is cancelled) by either me, c3p0, and also some others as well as Hopes himself that season 2 is happening.

So it comes to

- you either didn't know how to or were lazy to do the search for previous dev posts
and/or
- you clearly don't know what sarcasm is, & Hopes' sarcasm (little poke) just flew past you & you took that post literally

What are you even going on about? We've been honest about it here.
It's you who's clearly misinformed about how things are and literally jumping to all sorts of absurd conclusions lol.

You know what, if you guys were so enthused about prospects, one of you could have done the deed, ydoncha, and get the update. You could have saved me $20+.

And, yeh, he has a life, so do all the other devs, but I bet 18 months is a record breaker for an update. Maybe it will happen, but it is not a good bet.
Ahhhh...... we're getting to the crux of it, aren't we?

The main issue is that you're annoyed/peeved/salty that you spent your money for the game, so instead of blaming yourself for it, you're looking to shift the blame to other matters, such as "leaker lost" "dev taking too long" "there won't be a season 2" when literally nothing supports what you're saying. And some stuff like time taken has already been explained so I'm not gonna bother going over that again.
You can choose to accept it or not. We couldn't care less lol.

As for "one of you could have done the deed", lmao, why would we?
Especially to someone who feels entitled, and go on and on whining, like you?

I rest my case.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
lmao I put that last bit in bold and underline because you just don't seem to get it (despite myself and other people explaining it to you) and go on and on with this like a broken radio.
Broken record. A broken radio makes no sound. A broken record repeats the same part of the song over and over(sometimes of course, depends how the record was broken but it was a fairly common problem).

Last edited:
Reactions: tslojr and JJJ84

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That's actually a good decision in my opinion - you pay and get everything updated automatically, dev gets paid, good deal for everybody.

It needs to be considered that unlike other devs (not all probably, but most) he has communicated clearly from the outset that his life takes priority and this is gonna be a side project. This will change obviously, but any kind of transition also needs time. And nope, 18 months ain't a record, not by a mile. Even if we discount some of the most egregious examples like "Motherly Town", "Sunny Season Epic", "Serail Inn" or "Luminescent" (names changed due to forum rules) times like that happen a lot. Yes, also a lot of games are pretty much working like clockwork with a set update cycle like "every second tuesday of the month" and keep that going for years, but the number of games with >1 year update draughts (and slowing down) is not negligible.

Reactions: JJJ84

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You are aware that buying Season 1 on Steam means nothing, when Season 2 starts, right?
It will be a seperate item, with a separate price.
Also, I'm not sure how he's planning to do the Steam releases, but he only put it on Steam when Season 1 was complete.
I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing would be true, for Season 2.
-----------------------
So because you arbitrarily assume that there is no leaker, despite having zero evidence to support this claim, you tell other people they can't assume the next release will be available here.
Ummm, you are aware that's the whole purpose of this site, right?
I don't think
Yes, that's really quite apparent.
I bet 18 months is a record breaker for an update.
No, it's not. Not even close.
I'll point you to What A Legend, that hasn't had an update in over 18 months. It's currently sporting the Abandoned tag, as a result.
This game has been 11 months without any new story content, but he has published a new version of the game (on Steam) so any countdown begins from then.
The last release of this game was about 1.5 months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84

KING VR

Nov 28, 2019
They said the new version be up here after 3 weeks from Steam release. Has it not been 3 weeks yet. Eagerly waiting for complete version of Season 1.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
They said the new version be up here after 3 weeks from Steam release.
Who is "they"?
Has it not been 3 weeks yet.
If you talking about Earth standard time, for sure it has been more than that, yet you're stating the obvious.

And nobody know if and when this new version will get leaked here. Probably not in the near future, but who knows.
FYI: Request thread

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
They said the new version be up here after 3 weeks from Steam release. Has it not been 3 weeks yet. Eagerly waiting for complete version of Season 1.
No, the dev said it would be up on Patreon 3 weeks after Steam, which is has been, there is no public release. Either buy it, or wait for someone else to buy it and share it.

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes