VN Others Abandoned The Debtors [v0.2] [plasticgamer]

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
Former, meaning previous.
Since you were just released from the prison, it implies that you were previously a leader of a gang and one of your underlings has a family who you are staying with.

Reactions: saolo996

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Former, meaning previous.
Since you were just released from the prison, it implies that you were previously a leader of a gang and one of your underlings has a family who you are staying with.
ah, i think i got it now..soo i guess we can expect some NTR ( and WE are the one who do it by fucking friend wife or else )

Phil52

Dec 19, 2017
the premise sounded ok, something different the preview renders looked good.
but the gameplay is so disjointed gives me a fiiing headache

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I'm afraid this is clearly a scam attempt. I mean look at this one and only Patreon goal set a $750/month.

"A professional translator will hire. Leaving my job. The maximum time will be given to the development of the game."

If its not a badly done attempt to get some quick cash it's an awfully planned venture. Can't live off just $750 bucks a month. They didn't even attempt to name their posts anything other than "..." and they are just to build up a false backlog of posts to dupe people. I don't see any indication of a v0.1 just v0.2 so I chalk that up to the same attempt to seem like they've been around more than 2 days.

It's this shit that give the Patreon games such a bad rep, please... please don't judge all creators as being like this crap.

Preemptive Edit: Full disclosure, I myself have been involved in Patreon stuff. But this shit annoys and angers me too. I like to think I'm nothing like these guys and I intend to prove it over time. I'm not ragging on Patreon games in general here, just the people who ruin it for the rest of us.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I'm afraid this is clearly a scam attempt. I mean look at this one and only Patreon goal set a $750/month.

"A professional translator will hire. Leaving my job. The maximum time will be given to the development of the game."

If its not a badly done attempt to get some quick cash it's an awfully planned venture. Can't live off just $750 bucks a month. They didn't even attempt to name their posts anything other than "..." and they are just to build up a false backlog of posts to dupe people. I don't see any indication of a v0.1 just v0.2 so I chalk that up to the same attempt to seem like they've been around more than 2 days.

It's this shit that give the Patreon games such a bad rep, please... please don't judge all creators as being like this crap.

Preemptive Edit: Full disclosure, I myself have been involved in Patreon stuff. But this shit annoys and angers me too. I like to think I'm nothing like these guys and I intend to prove it over time. I'm not ragging on Patreon games in general here, just the people who ruin it for the rest of us.
honestly.. what make me angry is more the fact they are peoples who always fall in the trap.. maybe those peopels have the money to spend , no complain about that, they do whatever they want with their money. but it really piss me off to know they are some scammer that can enjoy a good life on the back of some honest peoples who put hope and money on something that will maybe never happen.

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
honestly.. what make me angry is more the fact they are peoples who always fall in the trap.. maybe those peopels have the money to spend , no complain about that, they do whatever they want with their money. but it really piss me off to know they are some scammer that can enjoy a good life on the back of some honest peoples who put hope and money on something that will maybe never happen.
I quite agree. There is a level of personal responsibility to be had on the part of the people who fall into the traps, but I think we have to lay the blame more on the perpetrator than the victim. Some people just get caught up in the possibility and hope their good faith support is returned. You should be careful as to who and what you give your money to, even if you have plenty to spend but when I see people expressing anti-Patron game sentiments on here (and other places) I can only think they have a point in many respects thanks to people like this. It makes it harder for honest creators to get a fair shake, as they say.

To the topic of the game though, I merely throw a flag on this particular game and say not for me and I advise everyone else to give it a wide berth... that is until the creator proves me wrong and releases more and substantial updates. But hey, if you are interested in giving it a shot, by all means, use you own judgement and don't just take my word.

3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016

Patreon page is now 404, not even under review, so I suspect you might have been correct in your assumption that this is a scam.

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
this guy is done, i was following him on patreon because it looked interesting, but now he has become

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
this guy is done, i was following him on patreon because it looked interesting, but now he has become
So its a filter done over some basic 3D CGs? It gets more and more suspicious. Thanks for highlighting it for us so we can all see what's up. Thankfully the account is sitting at $0 and 0 People... I fear checking in regularly in case that ever goes up, man that'll bum me out.

Nightcloak

Jul 27, 2017
i still dont understand... who is the gang member ? its not the MC as he just pop out of prison and will stay with the family of "your former gang member".

fuck me, my english is shit but.. i never get that confused before ..
okay the statement implies that prior to going to prison the MC was in a gang, follow so far? As such you will be living with the family of another member of said gang.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
if this happen again, or appear to be comfirmed. then mod should delete the topic or tag it as "scam attempt" from this patreon dude.

must say, it very similar and weird...

imho mod should put topic "onhold" , for like a month and see if something happen (bad or good) then process the necessary action for the topic and the sake of members here ( potential patrons or scammed victims )

edit : nvm that. its scam. give 3 days and check again. patreon page should be gone :)

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
if this happen again, or appear to be comfirmed. then mod should delete the topic or tag it as "scam attempt" from this patreon dude.
That was my initial thought but after the find by D2K I'm more in favour of keeping the post alive but protected in some way (like with a Scam tag or some such) so they don't just get to easily walk away and pop up again later... well, not as easy as it would be with some evidence on the guy available. should those renders on the OP pop up somewhere with a filter on them we can refer back here to be sure if it's the same guy pulling the same thing again, you know?

Still, the mods here aren't in the anti-fraud squad business so its not really their responsibility to keep people like this at bay and to the point made earlier there is some self policing the user has to do to not be scammed to begin with. However, if there is a simple solution we can find I don't see why we can't do it.

tincann

Jul 18, 2017
It's a blessing it's gone. this was REAL bad.

If you overlooked the translations, it was still absolute garbage.

You were stuck in that apartment & there was no option to go out. If you had just gotten out of prison after 10 years, do you think you would stay locked up in an apartment & never leave?

Only a brainless idiot would do that......well there's my point. Just glad no one gave him any money....

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
can anyone rip the cgs though? i would like to know if i have seen it all

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
can anyone rip the cgs though? i would like to know if i have seen it all
Probably not missing anything...there's only 161 images that are all 5MB each.
I don't have a decent uploader site to upload the CG to so all I can do is tell how to get it.
  1. Extract Debtors.exe using 7zip
  2. Download this Game Maker Studio "WinExtract" program to the same location as the game:
  3. Open a command prompt, navigate to game folder: "winextract data.win .\data"
  4. Images are in "data\TXTR"
shows winextract.exe is clean (other than to MalwarePatrol which appears to be malware itself), my own ESET SS shows no issues even with a specific scan.

Reactions: D2K