The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Is rendeocity prime worth it?
That is quite subjective, it mainly depends on your purchase pattern; that is, it can pay for itself when you are building your library, that is, by direct Prime and Prime Flash discounts but also through the Rewards / Gift Certificate purchase scheme which gets you up to $50 off a cart regardless of deals and voucher / coupon eligibility. Once your purchase volume slows down it may be difficult to maintain the benefit. To date I have achieved an average of 56% off product full price without the hassle of deciphering complex promo structures and ambiguous marketing language.

Reactions: jkjyuio and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
That is quite subjective, it mainly depends on your purchase pattern; that is, it can pay for itself when you are building your library, that is, by direct Prime and Prime Flash discounts but also through the Rewards / Gift Certificate purchase scheme which gets you up to $50 off a cart regardless of deals and voucher / coupon eligibility. Once your purchase volume slows down it may be difficult to maintain the benefit. To date I have achieved an average of 56% off product full price without the hassle of deciphering complex promo structures and ambiguous marketing language.
I completely agree. With 20% off, the membership price is ~$44, that is roughly $3.6 per month.
On the average, i consider that prime allows a gain of ~20% give or take. There is the 7% return with the reward points. And frequently you get 60% off instead of 50%, that is an extra 20% off. Some times it is even higher. For instance in the "clearance sale", getting 85% instead of 75% is an extra 40%. BUT, it also happens frequently that your preferred artist/item is not on prime sales and/or blocks coupons and the prime gain is null. So 20% is probably close to the reality.

Hence if you intend to spend $3.6*5=$20 per month or more at renderosity, your prime membership will be refunded. Otherwise, it is not interesting.

I am prime for several year, but I don't think that I will renew. Renderosity has a set of great artists that create outfits that have arguably no equivalent at the daz store (Lilflame, Nirvy, Rhiannon, and a few others), but I have a decent bunch of them and my purchase are decreasing. And besides these great outfits, for others assets (environments, hair, characters, poses), renderosity is generally not interesting compared to daz, IMHO (but there are some exceptions).

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

Coupon Code: valentine2024
15% off your whole cart with the coupon should also work on

Also it is capped at a maximum of 50% any individual item when deals are stacked

Last edited:

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
Guys is there any comprehensive guide to starting out with Daz3d, I downloaded Daz Studio Pro 4.21 and at firt it was having trouble starting, fixed that now it wont read any assets.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Guys is there any comprehensive guide to starting out with Daz3d, I downloaded Daz Studio Pro 4.21 and at firt it was having trouble starting, fixed that now it wont read any assets.

Reactions: randomguy

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thank you! This looks good for when I can potentially get DAZ To start working.
Your issue may be a cms database issue. It's been a long time since I dealt with one of those, but you shoud be able to search for the issue in the Daz forum.

The Daz forum search is about useless, so try Google instead. Cut and paste this search term, might be a good place to start:
daz products not showing in daz studio site:daz3d.com

Reactions: oaiki

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
Your issue may be a cms database issue. It's been a long time since I dealt with one of those, but you shoud be able to search for the issue in the Daz forum.

The Daz forum search is about useless, so try Google instead. Cut and paste this search term, might be a good place to start:
daz products not showing in daz studio site:daz3d.com
The Daz products appear but when i try to load them into the studio I get an error, not sure which error exactly, I can try again and find out.

I uh, helped myself to a copy of Daz studio pro so I can't really open up questions on the forum either, could that in of itself be an issue? AFAIK I entered the serial keys all proper.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The Daz products appear but when i try to load them into the studio I get an error, not sure which error exactly, I can try again and find out.

I uh, helped myself to a copy of Daz studio pro so I can't really open up questions on the forum either, could that in of itself be an issue? AFAIK I entered the serial keys all proper.
OK, so Daz Studio itself is free, and comes with a number of free assets. But it is assumed that you will sign up at Daz3D.com, and the program likes to phone home at least once.

Searching the Daz3D.com forum for 'offline install' might help, but if you sign up you will be able to grab the batch of freebies that is offered twice a month. These are usually older products, but some cool stuff does show up occasionaly in the 'weekly' freebies (not really weekly, it's twice a month).

So I get if you have your reasons, but you can sign up at no cost, which should unlock a bunch of basic products (Genesis 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 base figures and a basic assortment of wardrobe), and you don't HAVE to buy anything. Of course, that's how they suck you in, seeing cool stuff on sale that you might want and you want more than the 'basic assortment'...

But yeah no requirement to buy anything (ever) when you sign up. No subscripion fees, etc.

• Red Heart
Reactions: randomguy and oaiki

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
OK, so Daz Studio itself is free, and comes with a number of free assets. But it is assumed that you will sign up at Daz3D.com, and the program likes to phone home at least once.

Searching the Daz3D.com forum for 'offline install' might help, but if you sign up you will be able to grab the batch of freebies that is offered twice a month. These are usually older products, but some cool stuff does show up occasionaly in the 'weekly' freebies (not really weekly, it's twice a month).

So I get if you have your reasons, but you can sign up at no cost, which should unlock a bunch of basic products (Genesis 1, 2, 3, 8, 9 base figures and a basic assortment of wardrobe), and you don't HAVE to buy anything. Of course, that's how they suck you in, seeing cool stuff on sale that you might want and you want more than the 'basic assortment'...

But yeah no requirement to buy anything (ever) when you sign up. No subscripion fees, etc.
Awesome! I'll look into it better I just kinda assumed DAZ Studio was a paid product so I uh, sailed the seas. The free assets will do just fine for now as I'm just getting started, once I'm able to actually gets started I'm sure I'll have more questions on what's the most cost-efficient way for going about things.

Thanks again, super helpful!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Awesome! I'll look into it better I just kinda assumed DAZ Studio was a paid product so I uh, sailed the seas. The free assets will do just fine for now as I'm just getting started, once I'm able to actually gets started I'm sure I'll have more questions on what's the most cost-efficient way for going about things.

Thanks again, super helpful!
Incidentally, in case this ends up being relevant, there is an archive of older Daz versions found elsewhere on this forum. A handful of older assets have issues with newer versions of Daz, and this archive is intended to help people revert to older versions, as Daz3D.com doesn't make older Daz Studio versions publicly available. Yeah, you could open a ticket with Daz Customer Service, but that's extra hassle...

This shouldn't be an issue for you, the most recent version should work OK, this is a 'legacy products' issue so don't worry about this unless you are on an older system that the latest DS version isn't playing nice with, etc.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity:
  • 70% off 150 assets till Friday (coupon friendly)
  • 40/60%prime off Nirvy store till Friday
  • Several stores at 50% off ill Sunday
  • Several stores at 55% off till Sunday
  • And maybe a few others sales that I missed

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

:unsure:
with a buy-in of a and a

Reactions: OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Does it stack with tokens? I think we had similar last year, and then with tokens it was something like 70% off or so?
Not sure, don't need a renewal at the moment and don't have any tokens, so can't try ... the *Gotcha doesn't exclude Memberships, but then the still says x2! ...

Would it count as a (it shows up on the DO Sales page, but without the DO discount)? if it doesn't, with the new tokens only you will only get a maximum of 30% making it 65% ... if it does, then it would be an extra 45% giving 72% (72.5% but then it you have to take into account Daz Arithmtic) ...

Reactions: Schlongborn

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity, a couple of coupons for Valentine's Day (for a $20+ purchase, multiple use)
  • 20% off for everybody only today SHOWTHELOVE
  • 25% off prime till Sunday SHOWTHELOVEPRIME (also a double 7% reward)
A good discount, but, besides that, most of the deals are not so great
  • 70% off 20 Sabby chars (retiring)
  • 70% off Jancory (?) closing store (coupon blocked)
  • 55% off some stores till Friday
  • some stores at 50% off and some offers not coupon friendly

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote