Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Dev
I like the game but, why is it that in sex scenes no one can do anything to the MC? The MC can't get a BJ HJ or Fingered even when you pay for a Special Massage or when you work at the Strip Club you can't get Fucked? I try with all 3 genders and its the same result?

Also you really should add more text to the Sex Scenes ;)

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Dev
I like the game but, why is it that in sex scenes no one can do anything to the MC? The MC can't get a BJ HJ or Fingered even when you pay for a Special Massage or when you work at the Strip Club you can't get Fucked? I try with all 3 genders and its the same result?

Also you really should add more text to the Sex Scenes ;)
The massage stuff is done pretty straight forward: it starts with hand stuff and the you have the option to pay extra for mouth stuff. I'm not seeing anything in the game that would prevent that from happening unless you didn't have the money for it. Then it automatically stops it from being an option.

The mechanics for the sex scenes can be chaotic but your partner will still do stuff to you. It's actually pretty entertaining to do nothing for all 20 turns and just see what the AI gets up too haha I've had one test run where it was: blowjob, footjob, kissing, missionary, footjob and then spanking all in a row. Girl was wild haha But on the flip side, I've had some that were pretty tame where penetration never happened. Just depends on the luck of the draw that time.

Maybe you just have some bad RNG? I don't know. You'll have to explain what you mean a little more. I'm not sure what's happening to cause the problem.

Reactions: Melmoth99

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
The massage stuff is done pretty straight forward: it starts with hand stuff and the you have the option to pay extra for mouth stuff. I'm not seeing anything in the game that would prevent that from happening unless you didn't have the money for it. Then it automatically stops it from being an option.

The mechanics for the sex scenes can be chaotic but your partner will still do stuff to you. It's actually pretty entertaining to do nothing for all 20 turns and just see what the AI gets up too haha I've had one test run where it was: blowjob, footjob, kissing, missionary, footjob and then spanking all in a row. Girl was wild haha But on the flip side, I've had some that were pretty tame where penetration never happened. Just depends on the luck of the draw that time.

Maybe you just have some bad RNG? I don't know. You'll have to explain what you mean a little more. I'm not sure what's happening to cause the problem.
You are the MC Male Female or Futa and you pay for Private Dance or Find a Client at the Strip Club No one Not Male Not Female Not Futa will give you a Blow Job or Fuck you (Penetrate You)

Only the MC does the Sucks Only the MC does the Fucking

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
You are the MC Male Female or Futa and you pay for Private Dance or Find a Client at the Strip Club No one Not Male Not Female Not Futa will give you a Blow Job or Fuck you (Penetrate You)

Only the MC does the Sucks Only the MC does the Fucking
Could be some bad RNG, could be some actions you are doing.

The AI is pretty simple for obvious reason, it just being a little renpy thing, but it operates around 2 bits of logic: a simplified Dom/Sub mechanic and an "Area is Busy" mechanic.

Choices will always favour the player as your partner's actions will be limited to what you have chosen to do. Particularly when it comes to your partner's genitals. Actions like you fingering or blowing your partner will make them and their genitals "busy" and restrict what they will do. If you want your partner to be more dominate and do actions to you, then you need to stick to passive actions.

In short:
You: Aggressive = Partner: Passive
You: Passive = Partner: Aggressive

In theory at least. It can still be pretty random at times as it isn't perfect. I wanted to create an unpredictability to the scene and make each one feel a little different.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Could be some bad RNG, could be some actions you are doing.

The AI is pretty simple for obvious reason, it just being a little renpy thing, but it operates around 2 bits of logic: a simplified Dom/Sub mechanic and an "Area is Busy" mechanic.

Choices will always favour the player as your partner's actions will be limited to what you have chosen to do. Particularly when it comes to your partner's genitals. Actions like you fingering or blowing your partner will make them and their genitals "busy" and restrict what they will do. If you want your partner to be more dominate and do actions to you, then you need to stick to passive actions.

In short:
You: Aggressive = Partner: Passive
You: Passive = Partner: Aggressive

In theory at least. It can still be pretty random at times as it isn't perfect. I wanted to create an unpredictability to the scene and make each one feel a little different.
Ok I tried again with just Enjoy the Moment but, its mostly just Kissing. Could you in the Future do something to the allow us to let the Client more Aggressive?

Thanks ;)

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Ok I tried again with just Enjoy the Moment but, its mostly just Kissing. Could you in the Future do something to the allow us to let the Client more Aggressive?

Thanks ;)
I'll see what I can do and test out some things. Thanks for the messages!

• Red Heart

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
v0.1.3 Guide To the New Content If You Need Help:

Access Spooner Exploration: Finish exploring Bakersfield and find the clue. The explorations will be linear as you advance from one clue to the next.

Access Open Market: Available from the start of the game. Just be at Spooner Street. Will be expanded upon for future content and where to find a future dateable character. For now, functions the same way as the grocery shop or corner store.

Access Intimate Scene with Molly: Similar to the Bakersfield one. Molly Aff > 500 and already have an intimate relationship with her. Unlike Bakersfield, not in the same area as the clue. You'll have to search for it.

Access New Restaurant: Discover it with Molly during exploration of Spooner Street. Future dateable character will be found here. There'll also be other ways to find it so it's not restricted by advancing Molly. For now, just a little dinner that is open past 11pm with some cheap food options.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Curious, i wanted ask that, what motivated the choice setting the game to be in 1924?
I like history and tend to study it more in my free time than modern day stuff. 1924 felt more interesting a setting for a life/dating sim than anything modern. At least for me.

YeetMeister1

May 29, 2019
I keep getting error messages when going on dates with Molly. They happen whenever I go to the construction side during the date. Once I leave the construction side, it'll just spit out an error at seemingly random times, though mostly when the date ends. I'd be happy to provide the error messages, if you need them.

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
I keep getting error messages when going on dates with Molly. They happen whenever I go to the construction side during the date. Once I leave the construction side, it'll just spit out an error at seemingly random times, though mostly when the date ends. I'd be happy to provide the error messages, if you need them.
Yeah, please send me a private message with a screenshot of the error. It sounds strange.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Bug when you grind on top of someone at the Strip Club

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/bang.rpy", line 604, in script
    $ yourorgasm = youroragasm + 10
  File "game/bang.rpy", line 604, in <module>
NameError: name 'youroragasm' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\D Games\TheCityofPrimalDesires-0.1.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\D Games\TheCityofPrimalDesires-0.1.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
The City of Primal Desires 0.1.3
Tue Dec 12 17:31:06 2023

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
Bug when you grind on top of someone at the Strip Club

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\D Games\TheCityofPrimalDesires-0.1.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\D Games\TheCityofPrimalDesires-0.1.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
The City of Primal Desires 0.1.3
Tue Dec 12 17:31:06 2023
You always find the good ones, don't you? haha Thanks!

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
You always find the good ones, don't you? haha Thanks!
After that Error I never got the Anal scene again? I played at least 10 different sex scenes where I picked Enjoy the Moment and was a Sub yet, no anal? How hard is it to be the Sub because it never gave me that scene again?

UncleArtie

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2020
After that Error I never got the Anal scene again? I played at least 10 different sex scenes where I picked Enjoy the Moment and was a Sub yet, no anal? How hard is it to be the Sub because it never gave me that scene again?
Because everything is mostly random, you do end up in situations like that. It's pretty much just all based on luck.

Melmoth99

Oct 1, 2017
Because everything is mostly random, you do end up in situations like that. It's pretty much just all based on luck.
Thanks for the info but, in the future updates you might want to make scenes more progressive. Like one act is leads to another. Random events just seems unrealistic and hurt the story ;)