VN Ren'Py The Cabin - Summer Vacation - Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(y)
can we fucklove her yet:BootyTime:
although now that I'm writing this I wonder if I should do that thing where devs show a random main plot point at the start of the game and then go into the actual start :unsure:...or would that confuse people to much. )
it could be interesting as an intro, unless it takes too much from the real story/action there.
either as an additional info introducing characters, or as some event making players wonder about certain things.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
(y)
can we fucklove her yet:BootyTime:

it could be interesting as an intro, unless it takes too much from the real story/action there.
either as an additional info introducing characters, or as some event making players wonder about certain things.
Yeah, I was thinking of it being some kind of hook, keep people wondering what was happening and to keep them wanting to play :p

Reactions: Abhai

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 04/02/2021

So I was working away, making images and what not and I got to the point where I was using the 'landlady' in a scene for the 1st time, got her all setup and did a little test render on it to make sure the scene looked good, well lit ect and...I hated it. Or to be more specific, I hated the way the character looked :rolleyes:.

So, I stopped production, took a few days going over and over new characters trying to get a decent looking milf and no matter what I did, I couldn't get one to look right, it was sooo annoying. Then, last night I was in the bath and an idea struck me, people seemed to like the Aunt character design and I must admit I like her to, so I pondered back and fourth about making the Aunt the Mom instead, but in the end I wasn't happy with that, the Aunt has a certain look about her that fit's her role and personality, or at least it does for me.

Then, a light bulb moment...kinda, I thought to myself, Mom and Aunt are sisters, so why not just make them twin sisters?...then I thought that was a bad idea two, mostly because it would just feel weird for me, again, Aunt has a certain look about her that should stay unique to her. But...as they are sister's, there is no harm in them looking similar, so, I took the aunt character, stripped her down, changed a few of her facial features, reduced her boob size ( aunt's should always have bigger boobs for some reason :unsure: ) and I rendered it out and I was actually happy with what I came out with.

Below is a preview of the 3 main girls, Mom still needs a little work, mainly around the eyes but mostly I like her...also not keen on the hair, I wanted to go for a Bob style but I already used that on the sister xD

Looking at her in this scene I'm wondering if her eye's match her personality, keep in mind, she is an alcoholic so she'd probably look tired most of the time...I'd guess :p

But yeah, that's where I'm at, slowly chugging along.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
- Incest
- Love
- Adventure
- Horror
- Pregnancy ( possibly, not sure yet, there will be a character that's not family who'll be pregnant though )
- Murder
- Drunk/Passed Out/Sleeping
That escalated quickly lol.

So what are the kinks in terms of relationship dynamics? Is it just basically romance?

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
That escalated quickly lol.

So what are the kinks in terms of relationship dynamics? Is it just basically romance?
I haven't settled on it yet to be honest, my original thought was romance only, it wasn't going to be game where the MC has 1 encounter with a family member and instantly falls in love and wants to fuck them all, I wanted something more realistic. My original plan was multi option driving the game with your basic love, hate and lust points, but then I took a job on WTHI and I don't think I'd have time to do that, so not I'm thinking straight up linear story with basic options/point system and trying my best to avoid the whole corruption route but not ruling it out completely.

Reactions: desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I haven't settled on it yet to be honest, my original thought was romance only, it wasn't going to be game where the MC has 1 encounter with a family member and instantly falls in love and wants to fuck them all, I wanted something more realistic. My original plan was multi option driving the game with your basic love, hate and lust points, but then I took a job on WTHI and I don't think I'd have time to do that, so not I'm thinking straight up linear story with basic options/point system and trying my best to avoid the whole corruption route but not ruling it out completely.
Cool. Sounds like a good plan to narrow the scope if you got limited time. Good luck!

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Still no release?
Nah, the games been on hold for a while as I'm working on WTHI, but I am slowly getting back into it, can't really do any renders though until I get my 2nd PC running which won't be long now, just need the GPU and will be getting it in a couple days. Once I have that I can finally put more time into the game and get it released. Just don't see the point in working on it to much now when I'm unable to render.

Reactions: patrickB and Reifon

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 01-03-2021

Just wanted to pop on and share some news with you guys. First off, as from today ( March 1st ), I am finally back working on the game and this time it's for good. I was using my free-time recently to work on the comic but since I've just released a small update for that I decided to change my priorities for the time being and get more focused on the game.

As I see it, as long as I do 5-10 images a day, that should give me around 150-300 images a month which should be more than enough for a half decent update. It won't be anywhere near what I originally wanted the updates to be ( was looking at 700-1000 per release ), but it should at least be enough to get the ball rolling. The game has gone through quite a few changes in the past year ( can't believe I started this a year ago and the game still isn't out :rolleyes: ) but I've finally landed on characters and an art style I like, it's nothing professional but it's enough to get the story told :p

Even though the game will only have 150-300 renders per release, I'm still expecting a release every 1.5 to 2 months, just because I still have to write the actual script, code the game and then get people to test it. I also won't be fully starting production until around the 10th, I will be doing renders where possible but I won't be rendering them until I get my 2nd PC up and running which should be on the 10th.

Obviously couldn't come on without sharing a little image either :unsure:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 05/03/2021

Things are coming along nicely, not really to much to say to be honest, just want to keep active with these updates, otherwise I might find myself slipping behind :p

Going back through my rough draft of the script I'm seeing a lot of stuff that can be removed and condensed to make the first episode smaller, which is perfect, I really rambled with a lot of it xD

So far I have have around 35 renders ready for rendering, so I'm on track for a 150 to 300 render release, kind of dreading the coding side of it but it'll have to be done, need to learn it eventually I guess.

Below is a preview from, episode 1, took me ages to settle on her clothes and honestly, I don't think I'm 100% happy with it, might need to change it, my mind set for her is always "more cleavage", which we have none of here xD

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 08/03/2021

Hey guys, wanted to jump on for a quick update, didn't get much done today, was working on a big and spicy scene for WTHI all day and didn't get any free time to work on this, once I get into the zone for a scene I don't stop, I don't eat, I just keep working till the jobs done :p worked on the scene for a good 10 hours and when I was finally done I was sooo tired, lol, but don't fear, I'll have plenty of free time to work on the game tomorrow.

I'm eager for the release I still feel on track for an April release with each release after being 1.5 to 2 months apart.

I don't really have much news to share today so I'll just leave you with a little image of a certain someone :p the more I work with her the more she's becoming my favourite character xD

rikudolazero

Dec 25, 2018
Hope your game get its first release soon, and I hope we can get romance and drama with each of the three main girls while their relationships with Mc develops throughout the game. Please don't make fully shaved milfs and not NTR, some bush is good and gives the feeling of a true milf and will also get the point of her being an alcoholic. I hope we can develop a wholesome relationship with Mom .

rikudolazero

Dec 25, 2018
Also if it is OK please make mom body a little more milfy like a little bigger tits, unshaven and a little plump if you could if not at least make her unshaven please.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Also if it is OK please make mom body a little more milfy like a little bigger tits, unshaven and a little plump if you could if not at least make her unshaven please.
I'm not looking to change any body shapes I'm afraid, I've already started using the characters and changing shapes would be reworking a load of images which I'm not looking to do :p There will however be some bush and no NTR. Story is mostly going to be linear though with few options, this isn't going to be a multi-path game because I don't have time to do that with working on WTHI full time. I do hope for a release next month though.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Release date?
Probably when Easter and Christmas happen on the same day.
Begun developing in 2019 and not out yet?
Only excuses , excuses , excuses.
Then testing , testing , testing.....
Pfffft.....

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Release date?
Probably when Easter and Christmas happen on the same day.
Begun developing in 2019 and not out yet?
Only excuses , excuses , excuses.
Then testing , testing , testing.....
Pfffft.....
Excuses? I've been working on another game, how is that an excuse, it's a fact. And testing? I've never got to the testing phase, something tells me you've not looked through previous updates and you're probably just looking for a fight...maybe move along :unsure:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Development Update - 13-03-2021

Had to stop working on the cabin the last couple days, wasn't from choice, it's just I didn't have any money to buy an asset I needed :p got it now though so all is good and back on track. Still on route for a April release ( start to mid may at the latest ), I've got around 70 renders done thus far with a possible further 300 to do ( depending on cuts ).

I was in talks with someone about getting a custom Cabin asset but sadly it fell through, he said it would take him like 2-3 months to get made and I wasn't looking to wait that long.

Not much of an update, just want to share as much as I can.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote