Ren'Py Abandoned The Bandit [v0.1 fix] [Bandit]

krzysiek

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
About the fix: why not just put up the fixed script.rpy instead of making everyone download the whole game again?
Thanks, I will do it next time.

Not to be a dick but... wouldn't Erica "the Red" be a more fitting default name for an ass-kicking ginger...
You could give her the name you want. I like personally the name Alice, but it's only my choice.

Reactions: ontach

baku.k

Mar 8, 2018
Just a little comment.
This game can promise a lot, and I'm not agree Ith people that said it's too dark. I like this lighting. On my screen I Was able to see the red color of Alice's hair.

Keep going :)

But not too dark please :)

Reactions: krzysiek

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Well, it certainly needs a proofreader. I'm sure you'll find plenty people here who can do that.
I know I'd do it.

Regarding point 2:
I think the lighting thing is that you can't actually tell her hair colour all that well, so if I didn't know beforehand... the mc must have very good eyes. Or Dark Vision.
Don't Mafia types normally look a bit more elegant than "typical criminal"?

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Thank you for your feedback.
2. Lighting is how it supposed to be. I wanted to create dark, creepy place.
So the lighting is bad. You can't see the characters. On the OP there is an image where the character (Alice?) is clear and the background is black. You need to do something like that. We are visual animals and the graphics and lighting in them make the images appear muddled and of poor quality. I understand you are looking for a look and feel that it's a noir world. But what your doing now isn't good. Not sure what's possible. But you might try muddling the background, but leave the people clear?

krzysiek

Game Developer
Oct 10, 2017
So the lighting is bad. You can't see the characters. On the OP there is an image where the character (Alice?) is clear and the background is black. You need to do something like that. We are visual animals and the graphics and lighting in them make the images appear muddled and of poor quality. I understand you are looking for a look and feel that it's a noir world. But what your doing now isn't good. Not sure what's possible. But you might try muddling the background, but leave the people clear?
What do you think now?
Old image
a1.png

And two new images
The Klub 17-0012.png The Klub 17-0013.png

Reactions: XJ347 and ontach

SkinnGames

Jun 17, 2018
Okay, I got the car keys and I kill the two guys outside but when I try to drive away the game crashes?????????

Dec 30, 2017
Okay, I liked it. The images are too dark (to the point that I don't see some of them) and the translation can be improved, but it isn't horrible.
Good luck :)