Mod Ren'Py The Awakening Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements[0.4.4a] [Shawnchapp]

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
So then it should be okay after reworked part ends, or Xray is the same in the whole game now?
Go into "options" you have the options at the top to pick xray style "Old" or "new" old shows the whole picture nuded and new you have to more the mouse around. i haven't been able to reproduce the bug with the "old" style unless you click "x" (hotkey for xray) when there it no "xray" button visible on screen

the new "style" bugs out with the chat UI if you click to goto the next scene and xray is active with chat still hidden it bugs out because it can't display the text it is suppose to show, think i found a workaround for next update but haven't dug into the one caused by people people deliberately spamming the xray hotkey when there is nothing to xray

Reactions: dreamgoat

KaosKally

Dec 21, 2019
Ah, now I see what happened and why the save got bugged. But what is weird is that I used X-Ray just when it was possible, when the icon for it was on screen and just to see how the new one compares with old one and way before that point where i got the error. I ignore it most of the time. Thank you for explaining what the new mode can do.

dewayne4478

Dec 10, 2022
Go into "options" you have the options at the top to pick xray style "Old" or "new" old shows the whole picture nuded and new you have to more the mouse around. i haven't been able to reproduce the bug with the "old" style unless you click "x" (hotkey for xray) when there it no "xray" button visible on screen

the new "style" bugs out with the chat UI if you click to goto the next scene and xray is active with chat still hidden it bugs out because it can't display the text it is suppose to show, think i found a workaround for next update but haven't dug into the one caused by people people deliberately spamming the xray hotkey when there is nothing to xray
and was going on your pateon what i found.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Any idea why other and cheats are missing in the mod menu
mod UI was changed all guide are on the "home" screen now and the "extra" like sleep event is under "main girls" "GirlName"

and theres no cheat menu cause theres no cheat.

zhausJack

Apr 29, 2017
great mod man, but broke the game when you use x-ray glass button. not my printing screen, but it's the same message showed to me. Tested without your mod and working fine.
1710233937783.png

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
The mod should highlight the best choices during the prologue, also, it shows that the mod is outdated even if I downloaded the correct version.
Also, you should hide the textbox when using the X-Ray.

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
The mod should highlight the best choices during the prologue, also, it shows that the mod is outdated even if I downloaded the correct version.
Also, you should hide the textbox when using the X-Ray.
1 mod doesn't highlight choices goto into the guide to get the walkthrough if a "choice" isn't mention it means it does nothing or isn't important (pretty much all choice in the prologuedo nothing minus linda's meeting which the guide tells you everythign you need to know
1710532248890.png
2 if it says outdated you have an old verison of the mod the mod is for the game version
1710532027148.png

3 it does so you most certainly have an outdated version
1710532064332.png

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
1 mod doesn't highlight choices goto into the guide to get the walkthrough if a "choice" isn't mention it means it does nothing or isn't important (pretty much all choice in the prologuedo nothing minus linda's meeting which the guide tells you everythign you need to know
View attachment 3446391
2 if it says outdated you have an old verison of the mod the mod is for the game version
View attachment 3446382

3 it does so you most certainly have an outdated version
View attachment 3446384
I downloaded the one in this thread...

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I downloaded the one in this thread...
and the mod ui looks like this? and it says mod version 0.4.4a?
1710537662315.png

Which version of the game did you download? cause if your using the old prologue or the old abandon 0.4.0c then no it won't work both thiose "games" where dropped for the current version (the reworked version that includes the prologue)

you must of an outdated game version

only other option is you have some patreon build that hasn't been released yet.

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Tried every link you provided.
I will try do re-download everything at this point, even the game.
i just check and download from the MEGA link and it most certainly is the right version..

you aren't perhaps trying to install over the old version are you? cause when it come to renpy games never do that always do a clean install

and make sure the the mod file you downloaded says "0.4.4a" in it

its also possible you downloaded awhile ago when the old version was still up

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
i just check and download from the MEGA link and it most certainly is the right version..

you aren't perhaps trying to install over the old version are you? cause when it come to renpy games never do that always do a clean install

and make sure the the mod file you downloaded says "0.4.4a" in it

its also possible you downloaded awhile ago when the old version was still up
Woked with a total clean install, thanks :)

eros_tendre

Aug 13, 2022
Hello
Dowloaded mod from MEGA
Made a total clean install
But I have this error message :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load file /home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/game/mod/Shawn_Guides.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 880, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore
Exception: Could not load file /home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/game/mod/Shawn_Guides.rpyc.

Linux-6.5.0-25-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707

Wed Mar 27 15:46:33 2024

I'm wondering : does this mod work with Linux?

eros_tendre

Aug 13, 2022
Sorry, there was a problem with files in my trash but this is the right error message :

Full traceback:
File "/home/lolo/Bureau/CR/TA/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/lolo/Bureau/CR/TA/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/home/lolo/Bureau/CR/TA/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/home/lolo/Bureau/CR/TA/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 880, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore
Exception: Could not load file /home/lolo/Bureau/CR/TA/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/game/mod/Shawn_Guides.rpyc.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load file /home/lolo/Bureau/CR/TA/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/game/mod/Shawn_Guides.rpyc.