Mod Ren'Py The Awakening Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements[0.4.4a] [Shawnchapp]

eros_tendre

Aug 13, 2022
Maybe I have a clue : when I make a new install of the game, my previous save appears. If I have to erase it, How can I do, since it appears each time I erase the file and install a new one?

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Hello
Dowloaded mod from MEGA
Made a total clean install
But I have this error message :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
Exception: Could not load file /home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/game/mod/Shawn_Guides.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 880, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore
Exception: Could not load file /home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/game/mod/Shawn_Guides.rpyc.

Linux-6.5.0-25-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707

Wed Mar 27 15:46:33 2024

I'm wondering : does this mod work with Linux?

you installed it wrong file structurer should look like this "game/mod/" thats where the mod files should be

LeRoy2299

Feb 23, 2022
Hello
Dowloaded mod from MEGA
Made a total clean install
But I have this error message :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "/home/lolo/.local/share/Trash/files/TheAwakening-0.4.4a-pc/renpy/script.py", line 880, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore

Linux-6.5.0-25-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707

Wed Mar 27 15:46:33 2024

I'm wondering : does this mod work with Linux?
Same issue. Tried to put "mod" folder into "game" folder and all files from it without the "mod" folder. In both situations had same error.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Same issue. Tried to put "mod" folder into "game" folder and all files from it without the "mod" folder. In both situations had same error.
and if you go into "game/mod/" do you see the rpcy files? if not you installed it wrong

just to be clear this is the file structure "Theawaken/game/mod/"

NOT
"Theawaken/game/"
or
"Theawaken/game/game/mod/"

Reactions: LeRoy2299

eros_tendre

Aug 13, 2022
and if you go into "game/mod/" do you see the rpcy files? if not you installed it wrong

just to be clear this is the file structure "Theawaken/game/mod/"

NOT
"Theawaken/game/"
or
"Theawaken/game/game/mod/"
Thanks for this answer but I don't understand since I did install the mod file in the game file, so that the file structure is indeed Theawakening/game/mod

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for this answer but I don't understand since I did install the mod file in the game file, so that the file structure is indeed Theawakening/game/mod
and do you the file? "Shawn_Guides.rpyc"

if yes then its installed propbably so iahave no clue why you would get an error.. no one else is getting it so maybe its a permission problem on your PC or just a weird linux bug you got i honeslt have no idea i only use Windows

eros_tendre

Aug 13, 2022
and do you the file? "Shawn_Guides.rpyc"

if yes then its installed propbably so iahave no clue why you would get an error.. no one else is getting it so maybe its a permission problem on your PC or just a weird linux bug you got i honeslt have no idea i only use Windows
Yes I have this file.
Ok, I hope maybe someone using Linux will find where the error come from. Meanwhile, I'll play without the mod. Thanks for trying to solve my problem anyway. Take care