VN Ren'Py The Artist [Act One v0.1.1] [Grotslot]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
Just played the first act and wow so much quality.
I was not a big fan of the artwork at the beginning, but it quickly grown on me, it adds a special flavor to the game

Now, about the plot and the theories

I also think that Ava is not real unfortunately. The interaction with the bartender and with the waitress clearly show that she wasn't here and MC was alone in both situations. Also she doesn't have the same outfit and haircut the two times she came at the door of MC

However, maybe the family is playing the MC too. I think they are behind the toothbrush delivery, when MC talks about the package to his family, they seem embarrassed and the sister quickly changes subject.

Also if Edith = Ava, there is a plothole : how did she knew where did the MC live ?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Artist [Act One v0.1.1] [Grotslot]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Hello friends , I am not a spammer, I ask a repeated question in games that have strong rendering and models because there is no way to find out it unless I play 3-4 hours in each game to understand it

Are the models in this game easy girls or hard girls ( or lady ) ? I mean, do they have necessary resistance ( strong personality ) or do they quickly accept an emotional or sexual relationship with MC? I hope they have sufficient and necessary resistance

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hello friends , I am not a spammer, I ask a repeated question in games that have strong rendering and models because there is no way to find out it unless I play 3-4 hours in each game to understand it

Are the models in this game easy girls or hard girls ( or lady ) ? I mean, do they have necessary resistance ( strong personality ) or do they quickly accept an emotional or sexual relationship with MC? I hope they have sufficient and necessary resistance
What you're doing is defined as spamming, copying and pasting the same comment in thread after thread is.

The game is one version in with a bugfix, it doesn't even have 3-4 hours....

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
What you're doing is defined as spamming, copying and pasting the same comment in thread after thread is.

The game is one version in with a bugfix, it doesn't even have 3-4 hours....
So, if I write the same question with different Phrasing and words, is it not a problem?
My goal is not to spam, there are 200 games in my hard drive, I want to reduce their number and archive and play only the games that have this feature.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
So, if I write the same question with different Phrasing and words, is it not a problem?
My goal is not to spam, there are 200 games in my hard drive, I want to reduce their number and archive and play only the games that have this feature.
Try looking at the game first you're commenting in, this game is the initial release....there is no way to know any of that on a first release.

Jun 1, 2022
The filter completely ruins the renders in my opinion if the dev ever decides to remove the ugly filter I might continue this in the future it has potential but the filter is just so bad and I think it really damages the game as a whole.

• Angry
Reactions: jufot

FluffyBunny18

Aug 4, 2017
I'm glad the game seemingly reveals the twist to the MC at the end of Act one. That would have gotten tiring if it went on much longer. It does feel like Rowan is the main character from every other adult game and we're just playing the best friend that he graciously allows to have one girl.

lukas7533

Jul 16, 2023
I am not sure how I feel about this, for one I absolutely adore Ava, but at the same time, if she´s not real, I am not sure if I will want to continue the story.
I guess I will have to play next act then.

Reactions: ejt2223

ejt2223

Mar 5, 2020
I am not sure how I feel about this, for one I absolutely adore Ava, but at the same time, if she´s not real, I am not sure if I will want to continue the story.
Exactly the way I feel. I was quickly hooked, I subscribed on Patreon immediately after playing Act 1, and I really look forward to the next update. That said, if Ava turns out to be imaginary, then this game is not for me, and I'll just as quickly unsubscribe and wish the dev all the best in his future endeavors. No hate toward the dev or anything - I love the art style and all of the girls. It's just that the dev set the expectation that this story would be primarily centered around one girl (ie: this is not a harem game). So if that one girl is imaginary, I'm not really interested in getting invested in her story. Otherwise I'm in.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Holly fucking shit, what a game!

That is another level of making VN and the road all creators should take! The story, despite being nothing fancy really is told the way I could play it hours and hours and hours... Dialogues are exceptional, Joemercala whoever you are I hope you will make great career and money with skill like that. Big wow for the whole dev team, game is perfectly designed from start do the end. And about plot, don't get me wrong, I love it for being "nothing fancy". It shows that you do not need to create something out of the universe to make it interesting, I would say it is even way harder so big wow to Grotslot him/herself.

Did not find any critical bugs or annoying stuff, the only ones are:
- Please consider changing the way you show what MC thinks, the pink color was little confusing and it hits cohesion a bit, adding (thinking) or putting text in brackets would be better solution in my opinion, just italic works fine too.
- Rowan driving MC to BBQ, when focused on Rowan the background is moving in the wrong direction of driving

ps. I didn't mention the art/renders itself and I guess you either like them or not but personally I am in love in that style since first game. Not sure if that takes more or less work/render time but it is something me and many will easily remember that game for sure.

Believe me she is more real than you think. You would be amazed with some art-girls irl, I met some and of course this is the game and work of fiction but she is more real than mostly of the girls in popular VNs lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Wazzatheboss

ejt2223

Mar 5, 2020
i played the initial version ages ago. seems like theres no progress yet, Is this thing on hiatus?
Early in this thread the dev said he/she would try to update the game on a 3-month schedule (roughly). The first chapter was released in June, so three months later would be September. The last development log on Patreon was Aug 18 but I downgraded my subscription to a lower tier (I don't like 3-month gaps between updates) so I don't have access to the post to tell you what it says. But there is also a note at the top of the Patreon page saying that the dev is "taking a break" and the billing is paused until the break is over on Oct 18. So if there are new updates, they won't come until well after that date.

Reactions: PrivilegedCholo

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
the Patreon page saying that the dev is "taking a break" and the billing is paused until the break is over on Oct 18. So if there are new updates, they won't come until well after that date.
Well, it's 18th now so, let's see what happens.

I'm glad the Dev paused the billing at least, unlike most other Devs (money hungry ones) that don't.

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
the filter makes the renders look like shit.
I think the filter is just not your (and some others) cup of tea. It reminds me of the game "As Dusk Falls" maybe even a bit of Life is Strange and The Walking Dead.

As for the game, I found a typo. Don't know if the Dev will see this (if he checks stuff on here) or if someone can mention it to him.

TheArtistTypo.jpg

It says "because I'm dann jealous" easy to read/skip over if you aren't focusing on the words very well. "Damn" the N is in front of the M on a keyboard so, easy mistake.

Wazzatheboss

Jun 1, 2020
More than 2 months without Patreon update. Hope the dev is still working on this game and still have the motivation, because there is so much potential

ejt2223

Mar 5, 2020
More than 2 months without Patreon update. Hope the dev is still working on this game and still have the motivation, because there is so much potential
Now Patreon is saying he is taking a break and billing is paused until Nov 30, 2023. There was an earlier pause until Oct 18, and I guess he extended it. No other info as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Stifler's Mom
Jun 16, 2023
This game and Strangers on Paper both had their first releases this year and both had quite an unique look and story. Very sad that devs are having issues. I hope that new year brings solutions to their problem and we can see these beauties again :)

Reactions: Bagley
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes