• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

idraigir

Apr 28, 2018
I don't really want to start a drama but I just can't get this mindset. You say it's bad to expect 10$ for an unfinished project, ok, it's your choice, I respect that, but after that you say "I hope, it does not get abandoned".

There are some people, probably underaged people, living with their family and don't have any idea about "life". Because every adult people knows that you need money to survive to work on something. At my country, nothing is free. I mean, there are tons of crown-founding projects here and those people including me try their best to create something you like and "survive" same time. I mean, it's a simple math, if I don't get money from backers, I can't do this. The price or method, as I said, you can discuss that.. but as you got your own idea, the developer got his own ideas too.

I mean, you don't want to support and find it odd and same time you expect that the developer should do it for free or should not ask any money until it's finished. You can just wait then but finding it absurd or hating because of it is non-sense.

I want you to tell you, more then 100.000 people bought "The Day Before" scam for 40$ at day 1 and some of them still defended those scammy devs..

"You should work your ass off 7/24 for the game and release/share for free and if you don't I will hate you." Ok.. if you think so, you can hate at this point.

Can you explain this to me VirtualElf84, I really wanna know how you think and how I can do what you ask? Asking no money and not abandon it.

There are other methods and some developers release free versions too, yes but I don't want to go for that way. You can already get a free build here and there.

Sad part is, you think these pirate websites help you for free. They are just getting tons of money when you use their download links and when you share something here, they just release that pirated version at 100 of pirate websites. Yeah, an uploader here is not a friend of yours. Those uploaders are mostly same uploaders at every pirate websites. They are just using you and the creators and act like a savior for people who wants free stuff. I know some people uses those for testing purposes but still only uploaders win here when we, creators, lose it.

And they tell you that creators get attention and more fans because of them. Yeah maybe, but maybe I don't want it? Did you ask me about it, no? Many galleries do not let copyrighted material to share and take down anything if the artist asks. Here, they don't do that, even you ask, they don't erase your game. So they want to milk downloads of pirated content. I don't like it, I don't support it.

This is how I feel. Sry for bad English.
Hey Drages! It's your friendly neighbourhood pirate speaking. I really enjoy your game and I paid my subscription to get it. To give the opportunity to other people to enjoy your content as well, but can't spare the quite pricy monthly fee, I thought I could share it with this community. Speculating I would do this out of some weird need to be viewed as a saviour (or even suggest I had any other gain from it) felt insulting to me. I'm sorry you feel that way. I enjoy your work and have shown so by both recommendation and financial support.

You deserve to get paid for your work, no doubt.

But let me tell you: Even people who played Blue Ribbon or seen your work before didn't know about ToM. If you dodn't believe me, go and take a look at the Blue Ribbon thread on here.

This game being on here gives you publicity and you don't even have to do much for it. I really suspect, some older versions of the game (and not even the good resolution versions) being on here has done you more good than bad. After all there are soo many content & game creators who will just release their stuff to the public after a while and still make a pretty good living off it. To be fair, I'm not entirely sure if these models work for these rather niche kinks as well.

To confirm or falsify my suspicion, let me just ask you this: Since this thread was created, have your subscription incomes increased or decreased?
If you can actually show this led to a decrease, I'd never upload any version of the game again.

Reactions: yoyomistro

oderisson

Jun 19, 2021
Hey Drages! It's your friendly neighbourhood pirate speaking. I really enjoy your game and I paid my subscription to get it. To give the opportunity to other people to enjoy your content as well, but can't spare the quite pricy monthly fee, I thought I could share it with this community. Speculating I would do this out of some weird need to be viewed as a saviour (or even suggest I had any other gain from it) felt insulting to me. I'm sorry you feel that way. I enjoy your work and have shown so by both recommendation and financial support.

You deserve to get paid for your work, no doubt.

But let me tell you: Even people who played Blue Ribbon or seen your work before didn't know about ToM. If you dodn't believe me, go and take a look at the Blue Ribbon thread on here.

This game being on here gives you publicity and you don't even have to do much for it. I really suspect, some older versions of the game (and not even the good resolution versions) being on here has done you more good than bad. After all there are soo many content & game creators who will just release their stuff to the public after a while and still make a pretty good living off it. To be fair, I'm not entirely sure if these models work for these rather niche kinks as well.

To confirm or falsify my suspicion, let me just ask you this: Since this thread was created, have your subscription incomes increased or decreased?
If you can actually show this led to a decrease, I'd never upload any version of the game again.
While we are waiting here for official reply allow me to comment this for You:

The game realeasing here was, in my personal subjective opinion, not an accident, but a "controlled" leak by Drages.

My reasoning is that at moment of leakage, what was leaked was not the newest wersion, but a version a few months old. For a first leak its very unlikely. Moreover, Drages "chilled" approach to the leak kinda suppots it in my head.

As for subscribestar income it has risen. At the moment of "leak" $7500 goal was at roughly $6800 compleation. Now it has surpassed it and counter has disappeared. So its at least $700 monthly increase.

Personally for me development of the game is very slow. Right now version 0.70 dropped. It basically adds 8 animations if I have read realease notes correctly. Not exactly a $10/month material. Personally my approach is subscribing for a month every 3 months to get newest realease, which frankly knocks down the cost to $3 per month. Thats the cost I can accept for this amount of "progres".

I understand that this is not creators main job, but for someone who clears over $7500 per month from a project, his involvement is frankly... lets go with amusing, although different word comes to mind.

idraigir

Apr 28, 2018
The game realeasing here was, in my personal subjective opinion, not an accident, but a "controlled" leak by Drages.
It was not, I posted it, the og version and two updates. I said that in my post^^

As far as I know, I was the only one who provided the uploads, which is also the reason there are releases missing in between. Of course my og uploads are taken down by now, but have been re-upped to multiple propviders by the thread creator.

Reactions: ripclaw52

oderisson

Jun 19, 2021
It was not, I posted it, the og version and two updates. I said that in my post^^

As far as I know, I was the only one who provided the uploads, which is also the reason there are releases missing in between. Of course my og uploads are taken down by now, but have been re-upped to multiple propviders by the thread creator.
Like I said. My personal opinion. I am entitled to making mistakes :LOL:

Reactions: VirtualElf84

trickofspades

Feb 7, 2023
So i'm confused. Is the version uploaded here the full version of .68 or are there missing animations that are available with the subscription version. It seems like alot of the kill scenes are snapshots. Are those animations in the subscription version?

I did see the .69 version on the website. but I dont quite understand the difference between this version of .68 and the subscription version of .68 if there is a difference.

Last edited:

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
So i'm confused. Is the version uploaded here the full version of .68 or are there missing animations that are available with the subscription version. It seems like alot of the kill scenes are snapshots. Are those animations in the subscription version?

I did see the .69 version on the website. but I dont quite understand the difference between this version of .68 and the subscription version of .68 if there is a difference.
It's the latter, and I might be mistaken but I think it also mentions the animations are replaced by "stills" for the free demo at the menu screen. In order to get the full unlock you'll need to pay a minimum of $10 to his Subscribestar... unless he changes his tier setup beforehand, of course!

fdiscodude

Feb 19, 2018
No idea what im doing in this game, haven't even figured out how to capture ppl yet. Always just kills them

idraigir

Apr 28, 2018

The 0.68 is the full version (but only with a 720p res, since I couldn't be bothered to pay $25 for 1080p, a resolution that almost all games have supported for about 20 years now) with all the animations that were in that build. I'm not sure if there are maybe placeholder stills for animations that weren't finished in that build. The 0.69 that was here before was a free demo with still images.

erik3791

Jan 19, 2018
Not sure this is intentional or not, but i cannot raise any stat in the character page, there's non plus or minus sign nor exp points ...

2.70 star(s) 10 Votes