Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Dollars303

Nov 7, 2017
Glad to see on his patreon that he is doing good and is closer than ever to releasing a redone version. Hope it goes well and the testers stop finding bugs. Figure he'll be stronger and better for it once this is done and he's gotten through so much trouble. I know rewriting bad code into better code usually takes longer than hackers, patreon and all the other stuff combined. I'm sure once we get it it'll have some small annoying bugs, but i hope he takes some time to rest and doesn't over do it. I'd rather have another month delay than have him cancel the project alltogether cause of health reasons like some other games i liked. (MrZZ's the Girt Reloaded for example)

Reactions: titit and WaveOfPig

WaveOfPig

May 12, 2017
Glad to see on his patreon that he is doing good and is closer than ever to releasing a redone version. Hope it goes well and the testers stop finding bugs. Figure he'll be stronger and better for it once this is done and he's gotten through so much trouble. I know rewriting bad code into better code usually takes longer than hackers, patreon and all the other stuff combined. I'm sure once we get it it'll have some small annoying bugs, but i hope he takes some time to rest and doesn't over do it. I'd rather have another month delay than have him cancel the project alltogether cause of health reasons like some other games i liked. (MrZZ's the Girt Reloaded for example)
That was super tragic. Was maybe my favorite game at the time.

Reactions: titit

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
um...hey guys...i am a little bit biased about this game. I really like the premise of it, but still can't really enjoy in it. it just can't grew up to me. :FeelsBadMan:
i have the same Problem with MSN. i like the Story, the mc and the Girls and have played every Version since 0.1, but until now i was never able to fap to it.

at first i wasnt the biggest fan of this game (teachers pets), i always thought it was super overrated talking about its Story and render Quality. imo the Girls in this game are absolutely nothing Special, the Story is just Basic and the gameplay can be annoying at times. also the old Version i played was bugged AF. I always laugh when his fanbois in this thread say he is a perfectionist when some of the older Version had huge Problems and Bugs.
But ofc this game has AMAZING sex Scene animations. it's literally the only reason i would recommend this game to People. the sex Scenes are hot and with the animations very fapable. ofc the old Version i played had ~2 of the big animations bugged but w/e. this is imo the perfect example of a game you want to pirate and fap, but never pay for. History of Buggy Releases, unfulfilled promises and not delivering on time.
But i'm hyped to fap to the next Version of this game.

Dolner

May 9, 2017
I get that Deem want's to reward his $40 patreons with early access releases. I just wish that he would have at least let the rest of us who've been pledging $5-$20 for months now, without any new content in return, have access to the 1.9999 version before he does a public release.

Kinda feels like you're either in the $40 elite tier, or you're a filthy peasant whos pledge is irrelevant.
Not being a hater, my criticism comes from genuine love for this project.

Reactions: Zioner35

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I get that Deem want's to reward his $40 patreons with early access releases. I just wish that he would have at least let the rest of us who've been pledging $5-$20 for months now, without any new content in return, have access to the 1.9999 version before he does a public release.

Kinda feels like you're either in the $40 elite tier, or you're a filthy peasant whos pledge is irrelevant.
I feel ya. I am currently talking to him via the admin channel on his discord server. Hopefully good things will come from it.

Reactions: Zioner35

Dasati

May 30, 2017
@verzauberung This is obviously just my thoughts on the subject, but going off some of the discussion in the discord tester channel. I get the impression that previous testers were a bit, sporadic. Testing went slower and was a bit less intensive (Again this is just my impression, previous/long standing testers don't yell at me please). A bunch of new testers, including myself, have been recruited and we've been trying hard to find and report all bugs to Deem. Obviously it would be foolish for me to make any promises, but I hope that future general releases will be less buggy.

Potato

Oct 15, 2016
@verzauberung This is obviously just my thoughts on the subject, but going off some of the discussion in the discord tester channel. I get the impression that previous testers were a bit, sporadic. Testing went slower and was a bit less intensive (Again this is just my impression, previous/long standing testers don't yell at me please). A bunch of new testers, including myself, have been recruited and we've been trying hard to find and report all bugs to Deem. Obviously it would be foolish for me to make any promises, but I hope that future general releases will be less buggy.
Previous testing versions was just focussing on the added content. This version changes were made to content that previously was unchanged. So there was a bigger bugrisk. And now we have testers in different timezones.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017

I am in discussions with deem to release the most recent alpha to all paying supporters. They would be marked and have a server authorisation attatched ( certain key parts of game based server side) to stop them leaking. Its our most stable build bar a few minor bugs. We are already aware of how supporters are feeling right now and are working on a remedy for this.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
I am in discussions with deem to release the most recent alpha to all paying supporters. They would be marked and have a server authorisation attatched ( certain key parts of game based server side) to stop them leaking. Its our most stable build bar a few minor bugs. We are already aware of how supporters are feeling right now and are working on a remedy for this.
You guys are going to have patrons connecting to content on the server(s) of a guy who's wifi was given the salted earth treatment after the discovery of the world's most virulent virus?

Excellent! I'll make some popcorn.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
You guys are going to have patrons connecting to content on the server(s) of a guy who's wifi was given the salted earth treatment after the discovery of the world's most virulent virus?

Oh god no. I use my own did during the pre alphas.
*Cracks knuckles*

Wasting time creating DRM which could easily be cracked, blah blah, do I really need to say this?
Yes i know its easy to crack and i know it will take all of 5 seconds to break it. We do not use drm for the full game. But for alphas we sometimes do so it does not leak. There are still bugs and its not enjoyable for people to play buggy releases.
If it were upto me i would just drop the alpha link on discord main channel and here. Atleast people get to play

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017

Made me chuckle, thanks for that :D

east

Jul 1, 2017
For every other game in the forum, we get all the alphas and pre alphas and pre-pre alphas but for this game it looks like we'll only get the public release. Why is that?
Not saying this rudely just honesty curious.

Reactions: DarkDemon

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
because the alpha versions are expected to be buggy as hell and will not have all the new stuff.

the testers are doing deem a courtesy by not releasing it here. as echoed before I am patiently waiting for the polished update which hopefully will come later this week.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Don't understand where they are even finding time to mess around with such stuff when it can clearly be spent elsewhere. :confused:

Im a pledger and admin. I also normally fix minor bugs. I have nothing else to do and tbh i hate drm. But i do what im asked to the pre alphas required it as they were incomplete versions of the game. Tbh im hoping deem just lets me post the damn alpha

Dolner

May 9, 2017
Im a pledger and admin. I also normally fix minor bugs. I have nothing else to do and tbh i hate drm. But i do what im asked to the pre alphas required it as they were incomplete versions of the game. Tbh im hoping deem just lets me post the damn alpha
Just how broken is the current alpha? Are we talking about the usual renpy bugs, or is there actual content/renders missing that will be in the public release? If Deem is keeping it in alpha just for a few bugs, it would be better to just release the current build so more people can bash their heads at it.
More players = more bug reports = more raw data = faster fix.
(My logic might be a bit on the optimistic side, but at this point I just want to play the damn thing before I go permanently flaccid from old age.)

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes