GeppettoPossum

Formerly 'solongdentalplan'
Oct 29, 2019
Maybe it's just my computer, but, is anyone else having this issue? When saving it takes forever, is there a way to solve this problem? I am using a compressed version.
Yeah this game chugs at spots for me (on a fairly high-end rig). I think it's really pushing Ren'Py's limits as far as interactivity goes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
It could be because the author also has a life.
So does everyone else.
VN's are the lowest bar of game making. I don't even consider tham games in most cases.
I should know, since I tried making various games myself. In fact, I'm making one now. One with more complex AI, customization, tons of moving parts and management, etc.. all the while learning coding, animation, sound design, AI, etc. And depsite having a job, despite spending most of my free time procastrinating and going days without any work on the game, I somehow make more pregress in a month than he does.

VN's are simple. Some images and text. A few branching choices here and there. ToT has a fighting system and that's the most complex part of it. Heck, if you use a character creator/poser for images (which many VN's do and there's plenty of good one to choose from), it's piss easy. And now with AI generating images, even easier.

Tot doesn't use them, so a point to the Dev, and his renders and moders are great... but you cannot even ascribe this to taking time to make models, since all the new scenes added are with already existing character/models.

So your defense argument is not much of an argument and break apart as the slightest scrutiny.

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
So does everyone else.
VN's are the lowest bar of game making. I don't even consider tham games in most cases.
I should know, since I tried making various games myself. In fact, I'm making one now. One with more complex AI, customization, tons of moving parts and management, etc.. all the while learning coding, animation, sound design, AI, etc. And depsite having a job, despite spending most of my free time procastrinating and going days without any work on the game, I somehow make more pregress in a month than he does.

VN's are simple. Some images and text. A few branching choices here and there. ToT has a fighting system and that's the most complex part of it. Heck, if you use a character creator/poser for images (which many VN's do and there's plenty of good one to choose from), it's piss easy. And now with AI generating images, even easier.

Tot doesn't use them, so a point to the Dev, and his renders and moders are great... but you cannot even ascribe this to taking time to make models, since all the new scenes added are with already existing character/models.

So your defense argument is not much of an argument and break apart as the slightest scrutiny.
where is this game you working on? can we try it?

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
where is this game you working on? can we try it?

It's still in early stages and conceptually very similar to DungeonKeep Her. I do have some vids of it and my previous projects (2,5D platformer, 2D platformer, 3D fatasy team/town mangment), but they are not the subject of this thread and would be off-topic.

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
5 hors of game, all the quest done and discover an infinite loop for can back to terrara. Blea!

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
5 hors of game, all the quest done and discover an infinite loop for can back to terrara. Blea!
It's only visual. If you click on the portal and then on the compass you can see that you're in Terrara though it seems you haven't crossed the portal. At least it's what happened for me.

Bisqui

Apr 17, 2019
It's only visual. If you click on the portal and then on the compass you can see that you're in Terrara though it seems you haven't crossed the portal. At least it's what happened for me.
unfortunately for me this is not the case. I can't go back to Terrara

• Sad
Reactions: Udayana

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
This won't run on my computer. :(

The screen briefly goes black when you try to start it, then it disappears. The .exe stays lurking in the Task Manager processes until you kill it.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
You can choose between male and female protagonists ya? In that case, how much lesbian content is on the male route? Tried to search it, but because of the fml, I basically had to read each post and gave up,

Atorod

Aug 4, 2021
You can choose between male and female protagonists ya? In that case, how much lesbian content is on the male route? Tried to search it, but because of the fml, I basically had to read each post and gave up,
Not much.

If you want lesbian content, you should choose the female protagonist.

Atorod

Aug 4, 2021
Hey, if there any way to make my characters stronger without progressing the plot?

I'm stuck at the fight with the spider, and the poison is just killing me...
There is no way to check stats of each character, so could someone tell me who is the best among them?

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Hey, if there any way to make my characters stronger without progressing the plot?

I'm stuck at the fight with the spider, and the poison is just killing me...
There is no way to check stats of each character, so could someone tell me who is the best among them?
I can't guarantee it, but maybe your spells become stronger if you practice several times with Wif. I asked a fairly long time ago but I got no reply, and I don't have the expertise to examine the code.
It seems to me the giant is the strongest, when she doesn't miss, and the tiny girl can bless and heal. They could form a good team.

Reactions: Atorod
4.40 star(s) 46 Votes