[Tales of Legendary Lust: Aphrodisia] --- BUILD#2-B RELEASE (+Lewds, Videos, Discussion & Development Thread)

v-e-r-i-t-y

Feb 2, 2021
Crimson Delight Games Hi! I just discovered your game and I'm absolutely in love with it! It has all the elements of a good game that I've been searching for (story-rich, dynamic sex scenes, virtually open-world and fleshed out characters) and I can't wait to see what you all have in store for this project!

I have a few questions that I hope you'll find the time to answer:

1) Will there be an Android version? I've been playing it with Joiplay but it exits after 15 minutes or so of gameplay, so I can't really enjoy the dialogue as much as I'd like to.

2) What's the update on the inventory? I saw in-game that you all were working on the systems that connect it all together, when can we expect to be able to use it?

3) Can the 'Save' icon be added to the dialogue box? That way we can save without having to travel all the way to the cabin. That's been the biggest con for me so far since it isn't as accessible as I'm accustomed to.

4) Can the option to increase the font size of the dialogue boxes be added? It's really hard to read since it's so small (and dense!). Maybe it's because I'm on mobile but depending on the length, some of the text goes under the dialogue border and I can't scroll down to see the rest and the others when they go on to the next page, so to speak, (after clicking the dialogue to move forward with reading) the text extends outside of the borders - so over where the character art would be, above the border line to the top, like that. So maybe a scrollbar or resizing the dialogue box so it's a bit wider would help.

5) Will character customization be possible in future updates for the game? Nothing major but more in the line of changing clothes, equipping armor, weapons, etc. or changing hair colours! Adding to this, will more town elements (and characters) be added? Such as a blacksmith, alchemist, innkeeper, wares peddlers, etc.? I saw that we have an anvil that can't be used right now but it seems like it's just for the MC.

6) Will the option to patronize more to have custom characters added (with respect to the lore) be a feature in the future for certain backer tiers? I'd absolutely love for that to happen!

7) Finally, do you all have a development roadmap - visual or written - to give an idea of how much you have to get done, what new developments to look forward to, the associated costs and the timeline you're looking to have those additions completed by? Even if you all don't have an exact date, a general idea is more than fine (within the next 3-6 months, 5 years, etc.)!

Thank you for this masterpiece! I have many more questions but I don't want my enthusiasm to overwhelm you. I'm just glad to find a game that fits the knot :D

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Hey v-e-r-i-t-y glad you like the game! :cool:(y)

Yeah, we're trying to craft a real RPG set inside a semi-open world with tons of lewd scenes and characters...

1) We definitely want to release on other platforms (including Android), but some of the core/custom scripts we're using in the game are breaking compatibility. Once we have a good chunk of content finished we'll look into the issue and hopefully get it sorted out once and for all, so that we can export to Android/Linux/Mac/etc. Currently, we're more focused on generating content for the game, and there's not much point trying to solve the compatibility issue right now since there's still additional game mechanics we have to add which may break the export layer again.

2) Inventory is still on-hold since it's a massive undertaking of its own; we're currently focused on finishing the first Act of the game (Fort Ninevus & surroundings). We want to get all the story content + lewds done before moving onto mechanics and inventory management. For the time being, just treat the game like a visual novel with a bonus free-roam component that lets you move around in between all the dialogues/events.

3) I'll ask our scripter to look into it. Thanks for the feedback! (y)

4) I don't think we can modify the size of the dialogue. I think our scripter tried a while ago but it's not doable with the way the game's UI is set up (don't quote me on this because I'm just the game's writer and a lot of this tech stuff is beyond my skillset). What I do know is that there's a ton of custom scripting going on behind the scenes, and dynamically altering the UI font/size would break all the functionality we've set up so far. Also, the way you describe the text overlap in your game sounds like a bug - can you post a screenshot or two? I'll forward it to our scripter so he can look at it.

5) While we'll definitely have a full paper-doll and inventory with multiple armor+weapon slots, you won't be able to see major changes on the character sprites since that would require additional layers for every combination and we simply don't have the manpower to do all that (in addition to all the regular art assets we have to produce like new maps, character portraits, icons, lewds, etc.). If the game does exceptionally well funding-wise we may look into this, but for the time being character customization will remain a "luxury feature". As for town elements, yes, we plan to add various shops and services for players to interact with and purchase gear from, in addition to some atmospheric content as well that'll be available in specialized buildings (ex: buying drinks in a tavern to hear the latest rumors, or visiting a brothel to get your MC laid with exotic courtesans). We'll also be adding more characters/NPCs with every new update.

6) We've discussed this at length during our team meetings... I won't say it'll never be offered as a super-high-tier feature, but we want to be careful how much we allow external influences to shape the game. The problem with opening up development to custom characters/events is that game content can become monopolized by backers with deep pockets. On the other hand, we may in the future offer limited "slots" for such a thing... but this will come once we've finished more of the game's core areas and features - we're currently swamped working on Act 1, and we want to get through that before adding any external, backer-paid content. We've also discussed adding a special area to the game with backers' custom characters... maybe a traveling caravan or somesuch, as that would let us weave the exotic NPCs right into the game's quests. We'll see, nothing's set in stone.

7) We have an expansive design-document filled with hundreds of pages of info about every aspect of the game. It covers everything from the game's main plot, to all the major characters, companions, locations, story beats, enemies/bosses, items, combat mechanics, etc. We actually did about a year of pre-prouduction before releasing our first build of the game, and a good portion of that time was spent fleshing out ToLLA's world and production art. As for the roadmap, we do have a "task list" of things we progress through, but the issue is always time - everyone on the team has to hold down a 9-5 to pay the bills, so our work on ToLLA comes after-hours. And any money we make from our Patreon goes toward funding external contractors, while the rest is put aside for future expenses (like custom music), so we're not technically earning a cent from the game. Hopefully support will pick up in the future and we'll be able to transition to full time, but until we do updates will remain sporadic since we can only work on the game during evenings and weekends. In retrospect, it might've been smarter to start off with a smaller project, but ToLLA is our dream game and we love working on it even though it's a massively ambitious undertaking for a small indie team like ours.

Thank you for this masterpiece! I have many more questions but I don't want my enthusiasm to overwhelm you. I'm just glad to find a game that fits the knot :D
Hey I'm glad you enjoyed it! More is on the way, we've been working on a big update!
And feel free to ask anything you want - it's always fun talking to our players. ;)

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Here's a fun wallpaper our secondary artist painted to commemorate the 2023 holiday season...:giggle:

It features Captain Hale and party getting captured by a pack of female drow up to no good! :love:

ToLLA_HolidaysWallpape2023_DrowCapture.png
The image here is in 1500x750 resolution ( get access to the full-rez 4000x2000 original).

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
We're currently hosting a -40% sale for ToLLA on Itch.io:

The game's art pack is likewise discounted, and will be further updated with the next content release once it's out. :cool:

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Here's an in-game screenshot from an upcoming footdom scene with Meredith...

ToLLA_Lewds_Meredith_FootDom_09.png

The widescreen UI was a pain in the ass to debug, but it's finally done (after way too many conflicts with other scripts).

It went through a bunch of revisions - the most annoying part was getting the letter size and spacing right. Too small, and reading it becomes a chore; too large, and there's not enough space in the text box to fit all the written content. We had to balance usability with aesthetics to find the correct ratio. It took a while but we're finally happy with it... and it doesn't bog down the framerate like some of the plugins we tried testing out. Some of the lewd scenes also had to be rewritten to fit better into the smaller text-space. People kept asking for a VN-like layout, so we did our best to deliver on that.

We'll probably release a mini-update soon to gather feedback from players.

Reactions: Magazif and Airell

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
Here's an in-game screenshot from an upcoming footdom scene with Meredith...

View attachment 2419584

The widescreen UI was a pain in the ass to debug, but it's finally done (after way too many conflicts with other scripts).

It went through a bunch of revisions - the most annoying part was getting the letter size and spacing right. Too small, and reading it becomes a chore; too large, and there's not enough space in the text box to fit all the written content. We had to balance usability with aesthetics to find the correct ratio. It took a while but we're finally happy with it... and it doesn't bog down the framerate like some of the plugins we tried testing out. Some of the lewd scenes also had to be rewritten to fit better into the smaller text-space. People kept asking for a VN-like layout, so we did our best to deliver on that.

We'll probably release a mini-update soon to gather feedback from players.
That's a footjob...?

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Build#2-B has been released for our Patrons:

If you'd like to support us you can do so and gain access to it right away (new footdom scene).

if not then just wait a bit and we'll make it public in a little while.

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Build#2-B has been released on Itch:

The game and its art pack are currently on a -40% sale, so consider grabbing a copy if you'd like to support our work!

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
, so check it out and consider wishlisting if you like what you see!

Wishlisting helps us get eyes on the game via Steam's algorithms even if you don't buy it.

Oh and here's some lewd art from the sorceress anal scene:

CrimDelGames_ToLLA_AnalSatisfaction.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Here's another pic from the goth sorceress lewd scene...

Developing this quest and encounter was a lot of fun, we hope y'all will enjoy it once it's finally out!

CrimDelGames_ToLLA_PickAHole.png

Consider checking out the game if you haven't already, it helps us a lot with visibility!

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56

whamos_olrac

Mar 17, 2022
Hello Crimson Delight Games . Bit of a serious question: You guys are not planning to implement / replace some of the art in the game with AI imagery, right? Considering the issues and controversies surrounding the topic and just the time we're living in right now, I guess it was worth asking about it.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
were anal be skeptable ..... and still waiting on the pregnancy system

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Hello @Crimson Delight Games . Bit of a serious question: You guys are not planning to implement / replace some of the art in the game with AI imagery, right? Considering the issues and controversies surrounding the topic and just the time we're living in right now, I guess it was worth asking about it.
Hi whamos_olrac! No plans for AI art, we have 2 artists on the team who paint all the graphical assets for ToLLA.(y)

were anal be skeptable ..... and still waiting on the pregnancy system
I'm not sure I follow, "skeptable"? Did you mean "skippable" maybe?:unsure:
We'd love to do a pregnancy system but it's a luxury feature at this point - got a lot of "core" work left to do.