3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I was going to post a very long drawn out post, but I moved it to the reviews instead.
Normally I don't reply on reviews but I found yours a bit harsh, I've been working on my games since 4 months now, I started first with rpg maker, I got criticism about the engine, I moved to tyranobuilder and learned to use it properly in 1 month and I got criticism again because the engine was ram consuming.
Now I started using ren'py and get still criticism only because I don't have a native English, well I have 2 native languages, german and portuguese, want me to write in those instead? Maybe I should and maybe I shouldn't give a fuck about if anybody likes it or not.

The truth is that I care more about my fans than most developers would, and after these 4 months of hard work I still keep pushing myself with only 4 fans supporting me but I'm still here while others already gave up.

I live in switzerland and I'm almost 30 years old and I don't have any money left in a corner to buy assets or so to make my games, I'm just some random guy that wraps up packages of products, I wish I could have a job at some computer company but I never had a school course or papers to qualify for it, so my money income is pretty low therefore yes I use assets that others also have, even when I think that my characters are unique I can't check every single game to know if it is for sure since everyday wanna be developers launch theyre small game demos to quit after a month because nobody is supporting them.

And last did you meet the gods to know how their personality is lol? Games are about fiction, I liked the idea of Zeus saying yeah I would fuck her up too, I will maybe implement that part in my game.

So yeah I had to say this, I'm sorry but you opened a wound, your harsh review did indeed made me quit for 2 days and almost made me think if it still worth to keep trying but I won't stop till I complete this game and I'm doing this for myself, so I can be proud that I indeed completed something in my life even if nobody would support me.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
do your thing @Alorth everyone has to begin somewhere..your "issues" are mild compared to many..engrish and spell check are common and with experience become better..i like the dames..they are adorable..the setting is intriguing with gods and such..i hope that connection gets properly fleshed out in future updates...it is only chapter 1 and people expect the world already..i'm along for the ride and wanna see whats coming...so do not let negative stuff get you down..keep pushing and you'll do fine.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
do your thing @Alorth everyone has to begin somewhere..your "issues" are mild compared to many..engrish and spell check are common and with experience become better..i like the dames..they are adorable..the setting is intriguing with gods and such..i hope that connection gets properly fleshed out in future updates...it is only chapter 1 and people expect the world already..i'm along for the ride and wanna see whats coming...so do not let negative stuff get you down..keep pushing and you'll do fine.
Thank you Rob, you are one of those who understands a bit my position, it is hard to keep making releases every month when you have almost no time, and I have to admit that I had to rush a bit my work, therefore I didn't have much time to correct
each sentence.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Normally I don't reply on reviews but I found yours a bit harsh, I've been working on my games since 4 months now, I started first with rpg maker, I got criticism about the engine, I moved to tyranobuilder and learned to use it properly in 1 month and I got criticism again because the engine was ram consuming.
Now I started using ren'py and get still criticism only because I don't have a native English, well I have 2 native languages, german and portuguese, want me to write in those instead? Maybe I should and maybe I shouldn't give a fuck about if anybody likes it or not.

The truth is that I care more about my fans than most developers would, and after these 4 months of hard work I still keep pushing myself with only 4 fans supporting me but I'm still here while others already gave up.

I live in switzerland and I'm almost 30 years old and I don't have any money left in a corner to buy assets or so to make my games, I'm just some random guy that wraps up packages of products, I wish I could have a job at some computer company but I never had a school course or papers to qualify for it, so my money income is pretty low therefore yes I use assets that others also have, even when I think that my characters are unique I can't check every single game to know if it is for sure since everyday wanna be developers launch theyre small game demos to quit after a month because nobody is supporting them.

And last did you meet the gods to know how their personality is lol? Games are about fiction, I liked the idea of Zeus saying yeah I would fuck her up too, I will maybe implement that part in my game.

So yeah I had to say this, I'm sorry but you opened a wound, your harsh review did indeed made me quit for 2 days and almost made me think if it still worth to keep trying but I won't stop till I complete this game and I'm doing this for myself, so I can be proud that I indeed completed something in my life even if nobody would support me.
First off, I did not criticize your need for a translator, I said that really wasn't a problem because I'm used to it from other games. Syntax is the biggest issue that gets fucked up by them.

Secondly, I said the Greek Gods were wrong because I've actually done research on Greek Mythology in school and know what I'm talking about when it comes to their personalities. If you're going to use them, you should at least know what they were like in the myths surrounding them. Aries was violent masochist who had no qualms about attacking his family. Aphrodite was a narcissist who refused to believe anyone other than herself was the most beautiful and would curse anyone who was even mentioned as such. She also would sleep with just about anyone and her husband was Hephaestus, not Aries. Eros was claimed as possibly one of Aries' children, but she was not WITH Aries, again going back to the whole "She'd fuck anyone, even her brother."

Third, My complaint, was with how ABSOLUTELY THIN the story was and how you had conversations that weren't conversations. By that I mean people would say 2 or 3 times and then the scene was over. There was no context introducing your story in your first chapter. I walked away from it asking "Why did I bother? I learned nothing." If you were reading a book, instead of playing a game, and the first chapter was full of nothing but nonsense conversations that had no plot in them, would you keep reading the rest of the book?

Your opening chapter is you introducing your world to your audience. But your world has nothing in it. There was more plot in the Greek God dream sequences then there was in the waking world. You have 3 characters in the waking world and you introduced nothing about them. There wasn't even any kind of description of the characters used. You have a main character the player knows nothing about and family members that you are given almost no information on.

You used Ren'py and added choices to dialogue, but the choices don't really affect the story. So do you need them Constructively, if you aren't going to add variables to scenes so that other conversations happen because of earlier choices then there is no reason to have choices in those particular scenes. The first conversation with the mom comes to mind. It doesn't matter what you say as the player, the scene ends up exactly the same and it has no further impact on the rest of the game. So that whole scene is the illusion of choice.

My review was not harsh, it was accurate. If you see me being harsh that was not my intent. I'm trying to point out to you where you need to improve to make a game that separates itself from the rabble because you have the ability to do so. Your interface and graphics were great, you have the basis for a great game already done. The problem is with your storytelling itself. You need to seriously consider writing out larger scenes, give more time before something sexy happens, For instance the sister hand job was completely out of left field considering we know nothing about her. Has she always been like this toward him? Is this something new? These are things we don't know. We're left without context. It's the same like I mentioned about the "Jack" dialogue. You introduce a name, but give no context as to who that person is/was.

If you are actually trying to tell a story, then each chapter you release should actually make someone want to look forward to what happens in the story in the next chapter. So your story needs meat, or it's just going to end up like 1 of 1000 other games in this genre that have sentences to distract you until the nudity happens.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
First off, I did not criticize your need for a translator, I said that really wasn't a problem because I'm used to it from other games. Syntax is the biggest issue that gets fucked up by them.

Secondly, I said the Greek Gods were wrong because I've actually done research on Greek Mythology in school and know what I'm talking about when it comes to their personalities. If you're going to use them, you should at least know what they were like in the myths surrounding them. Aries was violent masochist who had no qualms about attacking his family. Aphrodite was a narcissist who refused to believe anyone other than herself was the most beautiful and would curse anyone who was even mentioned as such. She also would sleep with just about anyone and her husband was Hephaestus, not Aries. Eros was claimed as possibly one of Aries' children, but she was not WITH Aries, again going back to the whole "She'd fuck anyone, even her brother."

Third, My complaint, was with how ABSOLUTELY THIN the story was and how you had conversations that weren't conversations. By that I mean people would say 2 or 3 times and then the scene was over. There was no context introducing your story in your first chapter. I walked away from it asking "Why did I bother? I learned nothing." If you were reading a book, instead of playing a game, and the first chapter was full of nothing but nonsense conversations that had no plot in them, would you keep reading the rest of the book?

Your opening chapter is you introducing your world to your audience. But your world has nothing in it. There was more plot in the Greek God dream sequences then there was in the waking world. You have 3 characters in the waking world and you introduced nothing about them. There wasn't even any kind of description of the characters used. You have a main character the player knows nothing about and family members that you are given almost no information on.

You used Ren'py and added choices to dialogue, but the choices don't really affect the story. So do you need them Constructively, if you aren't going to add variables to scenes so that other conversations happen because of earlier choices then there is no reason to have choices in those particular scenes. The first conversation with the mom comes to mind. It doesn't matter what you say as the player, the scene ends up exactly the same and it has no further impact on the rest of the game. So that whole scene is the illusion of choice.

My review was not harsh, it was accurate. If you see me being harsh that was not my intent. I'm trying to point out to you where you need to improve to make a game that separates itself from the rabble because you have the ability to do so. Your interface and graphics were great, you have the basis for a great game already done. The problem is with your storytelling itself. You need to seriously consider writing out larger scenes, give more time before something sexy happens, For instance the sister hand job was completely out of left field considering we know nothing about her. Has she always been like this toward him? Is this something new? These are things we don't know. We're left without context. It's the same like I mentioned about the "Jack" dialogue. You introduce a name, but give no context as to who that person is/was.

If you are actually trying to tell a story, then each chapter you release should actually make someone want to look forward to what happens in the story in the next chapter. So your story needs meat, or it's just going to end up like 1 of 1000 other games in this genre that have sentences to distract you until the nudity happens.
You are right in some stuff, but about the gods you seem to miss a bit, here see this:

before I made this game I studied the greek gods in detail first, there are around 3 types of different parental setups of the greek gods, cause in various parts in greek different stories are told, so nobody knows wich one is 100% correct.
I picked this one in wich Ares is Eros's father cause it would be the most interesting one.
The story of the game is still to be unfolded, I just did not want to throw everything right at start, but at some points you are correct, I should have given more information in chapter one.
About Jack, if you do 1+1 then it is easy to calculate that Jack is his deceased father, I wanted to give it a bit more misterious setup, this is why in the next chapter it is going to work around that a bit.

Ps: Depending on the actions you choose it do indeed affect the game, for example if you pick while catching kate to tell mom, and then deny her deal, you will tell mom later at the dish and it ends in a bad ending.
If you pick to tell mom but accept you touch her cunt and later she gives you a handjob.
If you pick you another one of the options you won't get a handjob at all.
The choises on chapter one only where affecting kates scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canto Forte

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Grüezi :giggle:
I also enjoyed the first Chapter, it's a fine lil game. Like Rob said, do ur thing and "nimm's nicht alles so zu Herzen".
"Sali, vielen dank auch, meine schweizerdeutsche schriftart ist aber nicht perfekt, hatte schule nur in Portugal."
Now I get your nickname, ansch like sch is always used in switzerland.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I want to inform everyone that in the next update the 'incest/no incest' mod will be removed and there will only be the incest route available, I decided this because it is better that way, I do spare some time doing that and you can't avoid incest beetween greek gods anyway.
That said nobody has to worry about it cause everything is planed.
I will also try to release the second chapter in less then 3 weeks, but it will be quite the challenge.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
I want to inform everyone that in the next update the 'incest/no incest' mod will be removed and there will only be the incest route available.
I hope that doesn't cause you problems with Patreon. Incest is one of the few things they explicitly ban in their terms of service. Most adult games have had to hide the incest by just using names to address the other characters, or similar dodges (one makes the player define the relationships). Often they'll share a code or mod here that restores the incest.

All-in-all good game so far. Eros is a bit of a jerk, especially since I was expecting a main character similar to the one in "Last Two" who's just out to protect and care for his sister. But, there have been quite a few other great games where the main character started out as a jerk or brat but grew out of it over the course of the story.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I hope that doesn't cause you problems with Patreon. Incest is one of the few things they explicitly ban in their terms of service. Most adult games have had to hide the incest by just using names to address the other characters, or similar dodges (one makes the player define the relationships). Often they'll share a code or mod here that restores the incest.

All-in-all good game so far. Eros is a bit of a jerk, especially since I was expecting a main character similar to the one in "Last Two" who's just out to protect and care for his sister. But, there have been quite a few other great games where the main character started out as a jerk or brat but grew out of it over the course of the story.
I know that patreon is strict and I will have to be more carefull, but till my second game is out I have to take the risk.
I will continue to make Tale of Eros in the background for my fans after I released galactic breach , that has no incest, but has "monster girls", "aliens".
In ch1 is the code but it is time consuming making every part of the game incest dialogs, since I lack time I can't afford it, so I made it more stright in the ch2.

The next update that comes with ch2 also changes the ch1 a bit, so I'm sure everyone will like it more, that includes that part that your talking about protective.

Last edited:
Reactions: dstarfire

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
The change log says you removed choices, why would you do that?
There are various reasons, first choices require more time, something that I don't have at the moment, second the game itself is supposed to be a Tale, why not let it be a Tale then.
If my a big number of my fans do tell me that choices would be better, then I may think about implementing it again, but at moment I'm doing it this way.

OurTimeNow

Nov 16, 2017
There are various reasons, first choices require more time, something that I don't have at the moment, second the game itself is supposed to be a Tale, why not let it be a Tale then.
If my a big number of my fans do tell me that choices would be better, then I may think about implementing it again, but at moment I'm doing it this way.
I understand that, making games are time consuming. Personally I prefer choices, but all in all it's your game and I believe in creators being able to make whatever they want so you do you man.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes