Mod SuperPowered: SFC

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

avarness

Sep 11, 2018
Just tried once more using a fresh version of 0.28.06 that I made certain worked before trying to patch. I decompressed the scripts.rpa and SFC_keys.rpy into the game/ directory, overwriting the initial scripts.rpa that the official .28.06 patch came with. Once I did this I attempted to run the game which created a SFC_keys.rpyc file in the game/ directory and generated a traceback file that reads

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc/game/SFC_Keys.rpy.
TypeError: must be string or read-only buffer, not None

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 305, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\main.py", line 365, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 265, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 756, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 432, in finish_load
self.update_bytecode()
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 827, in update_bytecode
i.bytecode = marshal.loads(code)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919

Hope this helps with either bug finding or understanding what I may have missed.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
Just tried once more using a fresh version of 0.28.06 that I made certain worked before trying to patch. I decompressed the scripts.rpa and SFC_keys.rpy into the game/ directory, overwriting the initial scripts.rpa that the official .28.06 patch came with. Once I did this I attempted to run the game which created a SFC_keys.rpyc file in the game/ directory and generated a traceback file that reads

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc/game/SFC_Keys.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 305, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\main.py", line 365, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 265, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 756, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 432, in finish_load
self.update_bytecode()
File "D:\D Downloads\SuperPowered_v0.28.05-pc\renpy\script.py", line 827, in update_bytecode
i.bytecode = marshal.loads(code)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919

Hope this helps with either bug finding or understanding what I may have missed.
You need game build with Renpy 7.0.0
Download game and patch in my post page 263 of the game's thread. Link in my signature

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
This is great except you can't adjust your school grade, which can cause the game to end if you are using the cheats and trying to see everything.

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
OK big bug. Every time I get a report card with the mod installed the game just goes to the main menu. Instant, unstoppable game over (regardless of grade) after the first week. Also, I'm getting a lot of exception around the house (ie if I talk to mom, do sex with mom, etc). I can ignore them and things proceed, but it weird.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
OK big bug. Every time I get a report card with the mod installed the game just goes to the main menu. Instant, unstoppable game over (regardless of grade) after the first week. Also, I'm getting a lot of exception around the house (ie if I talk to mom, do sex with mom, etc). I can ignore them and things proceed, but it weird.
which mod do you use?
I would like to see the traceback, they will help me to help you;)

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
No crash message. You get the report card, and then after the last text in the report card scene it just goes to the main menu with no notice of any kind.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
No crash message. You get the report card, and then after the last text in the report card scene it just goes to the main menu with no notice of any kind.
What Mod you use?
Can you make screen?
Have you test without mod?

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
What Mod you use?
Can you make screen?
Have you test without mod?

ONLY
there is nothing to screenshot. The game is playing normally, I get a report card, the scene plays out, and then instead of going back to the normal kitchen it goes to the main menu and you have to start over or load a save. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary is visible. It's a 100% visible error-free transition from normal play to main menu.
Seems to work normally without the mod installed, although obviously the various variables have very different values compared to when I am using the mod, so I can't say if it is caused by a variable issue.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017

ONLY
there is nothing to screenshot. The game is playing normally, I get a report card, the scene plays out, and then instead of going back to the normal kitchen it goes to the main menu and you have to start over or load a save. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary is visible. It's a 100% visible error-free transition from normal play to main menu.
Seems to work normally without the mod installed, although obviously the various variables have very different values compared to when I am using the mod, so I can't say if it is caused by a variable issue.
Can you tell me what you do, step by step, so that I can reproduce it and see where the problem is

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
  • Open game
  • new game
  • skip intro
  • (hey dummy off)
  • set all stats to max
  • all powers to max available
  • unlock all jobs
  • all influence to max
  • set all characters to Vit 100, Favor 100, Love 100, lust 100, nympho, all other stats 0. Lock. (can play with stats later too)
  • do whatever you want until first report card comes
  • main menu

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
  • Open game
  • new game
  • skip intro
  • (hey dummy off)
  • set all stats to max
  • unlock all jobs
  • all influence to max
  • set all characters to Vit 100, Favor 100, Love 100, lust 100, nympho, all other stats 0. Lock. (can play with stats later too)
  • main menu
Ok, i test tomorrow. Now i must go to sleep ;)

EvicReaper

Jun 20, 2018
  • Open game
  • new game
  • skip intro
  • (hey dummy off)
  • set all stats to max
  • unlock all jobs
  • all influence to max
  • main menu
I have a similar issue also with the same situation. Also, an issue if the jealousy event happens between sister and mother i get an error. No matter what i do ignore or rollback it instantly starts a report card event no matter what then cuts to main menu.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes