Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
Sorry, but I can't figure out any way this would happen. It certainly shouldn't happen if a save is done entirely under the mod. And I started a new save in the base game, then continued under the mod and still encountered no error. If it is saying it doesn't know what this property is, then it sounds like something is wrong with your functions_definitions.py file. I would guess that either something went wrong during install, or something else has modified your file. Are you using another mod other than GetLucky?
I am using the polykiss patch and mod, get lucky, and universal cheat mod. I followed the installation steps as listed. The only other thing that doesn't work is the new picture everytime I sleep feature, but that's not gamebreaking.

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I am using the polykiss patch and mod, get lucky, and universal cheat mod. I followed the installation steps as listed. The only other thing that doesn't work is the new picture everytime I sleep feature, but that's not gamebreaking.
I checked the Universal Cheat Mod and there shouldn't be any conflict there.

Unlike the other bugs that have been reported, this isn't due to bad code or bad data. It is due to missing code. I have confirmed that the (primary) file in question is correct in the first post's archive and that the archive extracts correctly. The mod compiles and runs without error for both of the symptoms you've described.

You might check if your installed game\python-packages\functions_definitions.py has a date of 3/28 and time of 14:01 (2:01p). It should be 28k in size.

I would suggest re-installing from scratch. Beyond that, there isn't much help I could provide without being able to look at the files directly on your computer.

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
I checked the Universal Cheat Mod and there shouldn't be any conflict there.

Unlike the other bugs that have been reported, this isn't due to bad code or bad data. It is due to missing code. I have confirmed that the (primary) file in question is correct in the first post's archive and that the archive extracts correctly. The mod compiles and runs without error for both of the symptoms you've described.

You might check if your installed game\python-packages\functions_definitions.py has a date of 3/28 and time of 14:01 (2:01p). It should be 28k in size.

I would suggest re-installing from scratch. Beyond that, there isn't much help I could provide without being able to look at the files directly on your computer.
ok. it was the conflicting functions_definitions.py files between Radioactive and Simple Full Cheats 0.0.8a that was causing the problem. I somehow found a way to combine them. I can talk to people now. Thanks for looking into it.

Last edited:

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
@T.Geiger same bug as Sin Eater (above)
conflicting functions_definitions.py files between Radioactive and Simple Full Cheats 0.0.8a
I can apply multiple mod at the same time inside a clean copy but the moment I apply Radioactive the game crashes and get this text
upload_2018-4-13_11-31-26.png

Errors.txt in attached file (careful: very long)

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I can apply multiple mod at the same time inside a clean copy but the moment I apply Radioactive the game crashes and get this text
You are not extracting to the correct directory. You need to extract to the main directory, not the game directory.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
You are not extracting to the correct directory. You need to extract to the main directory, not the game directory.
your file SuperPowered-GL-Radioactive.0.23.00-RA4 is a zip file which contains a folder called called game. so of course when I extract it, everything will go inside the game directory of the Main directory.

1. Install a 10,000% clean copy of 0.23.00 from the main thread.
  2. Install 0.23.00. It can be either the normal or SRC release. Be smart, follow DarkPhilosopher's installation instructions.
  3. Extract the attached archive to SuperPowered's main directory. Overwrite files, if prompted.
  4. You may get an error the first time you run SuperPowered after installing a mod. This is because RenPy isn't specifically designed for modding and sometimes gets confused when it compiles new source files. The game should run fine the second time though, since the source will already be compiled.
upload_2018-4-16_11-53-20.png

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
so of course when I extract it, everything will go inside the game directory of the Main directory.
File "game/game/chars/char_Allie.rpy", line 68.
You are extracting the "game" directory in the zip file into the "game" directory on your drive, doubling up the "game" and putting the files into the wrong locations. If you extract it up a directory from "game", in SuperPowered's main directory, the files should extract into the correct location and not cause a continuous file doubling error.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
@T.Geiger In other words, take the content of radioactive/game and extract it in Superpowered 0.23.0?
upload_2018-4-16_12-16-54.png

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
In other words, take the content of radioactive/game and extract it in Superpowered 0.23.0?
No, take the content of the root directory of the archive and extract it to SuperPowered 0.23.0. See attached.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
No, take the content of the root directory of the archive and extract it to SuperPowered 0.23.0. See attached.
yep, did that. extracted the other mods in game folder.
Game won't load after that since 2 mods have the same file

It's not an error of incorrect path when extracting but of duplicate files

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
yep, did that. extracted the other mods in game folder.
Game won't load after that since 2 mods have the same file

It's not an error of incorrect path when extracting but of duplicate files
If your errors still look like File "game/game/chars/char_Allie.rpy", line 68., then, yeah, it is the wrong path. That's not where the files go, and it will continuously conflict with the .rpa files. If you're extracting mine correctly, then one of the other mods is wrong.

D

Deleted member 7072

Suggestion: in the /chars/ directory add a check in nympho/obsessive scenes to trigger if the character has been broken. The way I see it anyone who has been rendered insane should not care what their Corruption or Inhibition is. All you have to do is add "whoever.broken or" in front of the last check in the if tree that triggers nympho and obsessive scenes for each character, which would ignore the corruption/inhibition requirements.

Alternatively, you could test if they are psylocked instead, but since you have very little control over who gets deep seated mental illness and can only remove it with RNG that might not be very convenient.

Here is an example of how to do this for Allie:
Code:
label allie_obsessive_script:
    if a.corruption>=11 and a.corruption<40:
        call allie_obsessive_scene1 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene1
    elif a.corruption>=40 and a.corruption<70:
        if a.Oscene==0:
            call allie_obsessive_scene1 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene1_1
        else:
            call allie_obsessive_scene2 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene2
    elif a.corruption>=70 and a.corruption<=100:
        if a.Oscene==0:
            call allie_obsessive_scene1 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene1_2
        elif a.Oscene==1:
            call allie_obsessive_scene2 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene2_1
        else:
            call allie_obsessive_scene3 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene3
    hide allie_obsessive
    return
change to this

Code:
label allie_obsessive_script:
    if a.broken or a.corruption>=70:
        if a.Oscene==0:
            call allie_obsessive_scene1 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene1_2
        elif a.Oscene==1:
            call allie_obsessive_scene2 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene2_1
        else:
            call allie_obsessive_scene3 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene3
    elif a.corruption>=40:
        if a.Oscene==0:
            call allie_obsessive_scene1 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene1_1
        else:
            call allie_obsessive_scene2 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene2
    if a.corruption>=11:
        call allie_obsessive_scene1 from _call_allie_obsessive_scene1
    hide allie_obsessive
    return
It is faster to simply find and replace all instances of "a.corruption" with "a.broken or a.corruption" along with inhibition, but a few characters have statements that assign to a.corruption which you'd have to fix, and the author often doesn't use proper if/else statements instead just parallel if statements so you can get weird issues like repeated dialogue, stat changes that always occur when normally they'd only occur if their corruption was under a value, and only ever triggering the first of any nympho/obsessive scene since the author did the order of the corruption checks from low to high rather than high to low like you are supposed to do.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Suggestion: in the /chars/ directory add a check in nympho/obsessive scenes to trigger if the character has been broken.
If I were to implement this, it would work a little differently. The purpose of the Broken status seems to be to make it easier for a character to achieve some other status, reducing the requirements for Obsessive, Nymphomaniac, and Volatile. Remaining true to that general intention, it would probably be something more like:

Code:
if (a.corruption>=11 and a.corruption<40)
     or (a.broken and a.corruption >= 6 and a.corruption < 20):
I will consider it for possible future improvements.

you have very little control over who gets deep seated mental illness and can only remove it with RNG that might not be very convenient.
You should take a closer look at Radioactive's feature list. :)

And while I do not explicitly state it there, deep-seated illness can be reverted to temporary illness with additional Love/Lust bursts.

D

Deleted member 7072

That sounds good to me

And while I do not explicitly state it there, deep-seated illness can be reverted to temporary illness with additional Love/Lust bursts.
You should add that note to the feature list

I generally play with only 1 major power + the starting enhanced senses so Sympathetic Link is unavailable to me after I have selected Psychoism, thus only Insanity Aura can remove it. It is more fitting that the power that is all about sanity controls it.
Since I never use Feast of Fear I added a removal of broken and obsessive/nympho to the effects of the power, ideally if all auras were collapsed into one ability a power would be added to remove those states. That doesn't fit with the goal of your mod of course.

As for ideas that might fit:

char_regen_loop in func_time.rpy controls NPC willpower gain, I add a check to the +10 willpower to only happen if the characters are not broken. Might fit in with your view that broken exists to make giving conditions [and maintaining them] easier.

Starting with flaws. I usually just add incest or whatever via console commands so I don't need to get a specific power to have them, and remove Anililagnia if I choose Flight.

Provided you implemented the previous idea, the Mother is decidedly a Milf but does not require Anililagnia to find her attractive. Adding the Anililagnia requirement scenes is a huge pain in the ass but is nice if you only find the sister attractive like myself. Probably would be too much work for such a niche benefit.

The ability to use powers on Sophie while she is asleep would be excellent, she is a massive grind otherwise. I add options to the menu after "Get a closer look at her."

Thanks for all the hard work on the mod, we appreciate it :)

Cpt.Briggs

Jul 21, 2017
Hi, I have an issue with Sandra and Derek lunch events in v0.24.01+Get Lucky+Radioactive, with either using cheats or not and on any Get Lucky setting. This also appeared to me in v0.23.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Does any of you guys know the sollution? This problem is not happening anywhere else (as far as I remember). Thanks for anyone looking into it.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Hi, I have an issue with Sandra and Derek lunch events in v0.24.01+Get Lucky+Radioactive, with either using cheats or not and on any Get Lucky setting. This also appeared to me in v0.23.
This bug is in the base game, as it has been reported in the main thread by people not using mods. (Or at least, no mods were reported as being in use.)

What is happening here is that the game is getting confused about what picture it is suppose to display. It should be displaying the lunch scene, but instead is trying to display Sandra in her school uniform in her "lunch" pose (which isn't a thing). (Why exactly the programmer is trying to use the posing system to show a full screen image is something of a question.)

I don't have a good solution for you. If anything in the mods is actually triggering this problem, it is probably the fact that Developer mode is on. You can try turning that off at the console with config.Developer = False, but I doubt it will work. Beyond that, avoid going to lunch with them for now. If you are past the point of no return on your save, see if one of the auto-saves can get you back to your game.

Reactions: Cpt.Briggs
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes