Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
What exactly triggers Tamara to ask me to walk her home?
Best to and ask basic game questions in the main thread. Usually gets a quicker answer, and it is better to keep this thread focused on Radioactive.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
So there is definitely something wrong with the power book page. Got all kind of errors, (e.g. sometimes every next page is your new implemented power) but the strange thing is, as soon as I reload that save everything is working normal again.
Unrelated to that I got another error I believe is from the vanilla game. I never got this scene until right after I purchased Mind Control which seems weird as I can't see a connection to Nikki or Mary on that. >> traceback.txt
edit
Yet another vanilla(?) bug. Stats get updated twice if sister does a coerce blowjob. Same for deep throat/cum. There may be other situations with the same behavior. >> save file

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
So there is definitely something wrong with the power book page. Got all kind of errors, (e.g. sometimes every next page is your new implemented power) but the strange thing is, as soon as I reload that save everything is working normal again.
This suggests that something is not quite right in interpretation/compilation of the Python/RenPy system (or that you're using additional mods?). I can understand where it might get goofy when it progresses past one end of the book or the other, but every other page is truly baffling. Can you describe what a play session like that would be so I can try to replicate the problem?

I never got this scene until right after I purchased Mind Control which seems weird as I can't see a connection to Nikki or Mary on that.
It is a standard corruption scene, so Mind Control was likely a coincidence. It is definitely in the base game, probably the result of a misnamed file. The expected filename is peep1_work1.png and the actual name seems to be peep_work1.png.

Stats get updated twice if sister does a coerce blowjob. Same for deep throat/cum. There may be other situations with the same behavior.
Your savefile bounces me back to the menu. Are you using additional mods?

At any rate, this seems to be a coding oversight in the base game. If you check the screenshot, you will see that the term person_coercedbj is highlighted. This is the function that updates stats and other bookkeeping. Once it finishes, it returns back here and continues on with the rest of the code. In the screenshot, if it were to hit and execute the first highlight, it would then run the next line, then jump down to the second highlight (the else clause is conditional and would not be executed at this time). The "correct" version of this code would either be to remove the first highlight and let the second one handle everything, or put a return statement after the first highlight like the second one has so that the function knows it is done.

This is not the only instance of this error in this particular chunk of code. Other places you have seen this might be doing the same thing.

cbj.png

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
This suggests that something is not quite right in interpretation/compilation of the Python/RenPy system (or that you're using additional mods?). I can understand where it might get goofy when it progresses past one end of the book or the other, but every other page is truly baffling. Can you describe what a play session like that would be so I can try to replicate the problem?
Thanks for the detailed reply. I will try to be as precise as possible so don't mind the redundancy.
- only mods in use are getlucky+radioactive
- I did use old save files from when parts of your mod were still in beta though
- Tested it some more and can now reproduce it. When I start the game and go to Globex everything works fine. But as soon as I load the same save file again 1 page gets added in the Globex catalogue. So reloading the same save file 8 times and visiting Globex will get me your mod super power on page 13 to 20 (8 additional pages). Adding additional loading attempts after that will not result in more pages but an error message after reaching page 20, so 20 pages seem to be the max for the catalogue.
It is a standard corruption scene, so Mind Control was likely a coincidence. It is definitely in the base game, probably the result of a misnamed file. The expected filename is peep1_work1.png and the actual name seems to be peep_work1.png.

Your savefile bounces me back to the menu. Are you using additional mods?

At any rate, this seems to be a coding oversight in the base game. If you check the screenshot, you will see that the term person_coercedbj is highlighted. This is the function that updates stats and other bookkeeping. Once it finishes, it returns back here and continues on with the rest of the code. In the screenshot, if it were to hit and execute the first highlight, it would then run the next line, then jump down to the second highlight (the else clause is conditional and would not be executed at this time). The "correct" version of this code would either be to remove the first highlight and let the second one handle everything, or put a return statement after the first highlight like the second one has so that the function knows it is done.

This is not the only instance of this error in this particular chunk of code. Other places you have seen this might be doing the same thing.

View attachment 142399
The fact you can't open my save files is troublesome as it could mean my game is corrupted somehow. If I choose to reinstall the whole game + getlucky + radioactive, could I still use my old save files or could they be the source of corruption in any way? I don't want to bother Baal with bug reporting if the bugs could be caused by reasons on my side.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Tested it some more and can now reproduce it. When I start the game and go to Globex everything works fine. But as soon as I load the same save file again 1 page gets added in the Globex catalogue. So reloading the same save file 8 times and visiting Globex will get me your mod super power on page 13 to 20 (8 additional pages). Adding additional loading attempts after that will not result in more pages but an error message after reaching page 20, so 20 pages seem to be the max for the catalogue.
Ah, okay. That actually sort of makes sense. RenPy, and this game in particular, are not always real good about clearing memory, and I am probably adding pages in a way that exacerbates the problem. I will look into it.

The fact you can't open my save files is troublesome as it could mean my game is corrupted somehow. If I choose to reinstall the whole game + getlucky + radioactive, could I still use my old save files or could they be the source of corruption in any way? I don't want to bother Baal with bug reporting if the bugs could be caused by reasons on my side.
Well, as soon as you add rollback, which pretty much all the mods do, things get hinky. I can't state for certain if things will be okay or not, but I always try to code Radioactive for maximum backwards compatibility. The new game systems even reflect this, such that if memory indicates a flaw is inactive but not suppressed, it will undo the associated suppression effects. It has been appropriately tested and seems to work.

The two bugs I mentioned above seem to be logic problems rather than memory problems, so they are probably valid errors. That being said... I personally wouldn't report bugs to him directly unless I was a supporter (but I might mention it indirectly to the main thread).

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Not sure how often I used rollback but I tried to not use it all and even preferred to reload when I did. But it's good to know the saves can have some kind of influence here. I'll probably wait for 0.30 as there will be a hard reset anyway and the bugs are really only minor. Thanks again.

devilmax99

Apr 4, 2017
Hi T.Geiger, I tried installing your mod in game by copying files to Contents/Resources/autorun/game/ in macOS. I get only black screen and the game hangs. Can you tell if I did something wrong?

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
Hi T.Geiger, I tried installing your mod in game by copying files to Contents/Resources/autorun/game/ in macOS. I get only black screen and the game hangs. Can you tell if I did something wrong?
You must uncompress in directory Contents/Resources/autorun/
not in Contents/Resources/autorun/game

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I get relatively frequent crashes when scrolling through the powers in Globex on the current version. Not sure if that's a base game issue or a Radioactive issue. It happens in both directions but not consistently and every time it's happened so far I've been able to just click the rollback option and then things work fine. I generally use the Kobayashi Maru setting with cheats disabled.

By the way I love the addition of Sophie's phone number and the tracking option.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
KeyError: 13
The error message here suggests that the Catalogue Extension is not being built. It should be built when the game is loaded or started. Have you ever seen the Flaw Suppression injection (Pg 13)? Are you using additional mods? Can you confirm that you are using 0.27.01-RA2? Does game/script.rpy have RadioactiveAfterLoad in it twice? (The file can be opened in any text editor.)

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The error message here suggests that the Catalogue Extension is not being built. It should be built when the game is loaded or started. Have you ever seen the Flaw Suppression injection (Pg 13)? Are you using additional mods? Can you confirm that you are using 0.27.01-RA2? Does game/script.rpy have RadioactiveAfterLoad in it twice? (The file can be opened in any text editor.)
Yes I'm using 0.27.01-RA2 which I loaded after Get Lucky. I think you may be right about Flaw Suppression being the problem. I had never seen it before. I just loaded the game up and went to Globex to look though and it's there now. script.rpy does have RadioactiveAfterLoad in it twice, once under label init_game_state: and once under label after_load:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I think you may be right about Flaw Suppression being the problem. I had never seen it before. I just loaded the game up and went to Globex to look though and it's there now.
I think I can see what the problem is. One of those lovely RenPy memory issues. I am going to have to very robustly check for all possible states of the catalogue and its extenstion. I'll try to make it bullet-proof.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Bugfix release.

0.27.01-RA3
  • Flaw Suppression
    • Globex page searched for and recreated in-place (RenPy memory not dependable) or created new if it can't be found.

I think you may be right about Flaw Suppression being the problem. I had never seen it before. I just loaded the game up and went to Globex to look though and it's there now.
Hopefully this irons out the last kinks in the page. It creates/recreates all three components after every load. Should this still not work, I guess I could try searching for each component individually, though I doubt that will gain much. Beyond that, it would just have to be hard-coded in, not dynamic.

D

Deleted member 7072

Having to swap crosswires and then auras for everyone you meet each day is tedious. I know this would be a lot of work, but could you make it so all crosswires and auras can be active at the same time? Better yet, if the person has Psychotic Break make the crosswire permanent. It would be a pretty big QoL change, especially for Psychoism only runs.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I know this would be a lot of work, but could you make it so all crosswires and auras can be active at the same time?
Aura is doable, as they are separate variables. Would have to be controlled by a setting though, since it significantly changes game behavior.

Crosswire would be significantly harder. It is a single string variable, which means I would have to alter every instance where it is used. Also not sure about making it permanent, since the game currently has no way to otherwise turn it off.

D

Deleted member 7072

Also not sure about making it permanent, since the game currently has no way to otherwise turn it off.
Yeah simultaneous crosswires was the main reason I said it'd be a ton of work. Several versions ago I was only able to get it to work by effectively combining the crosswires into one, and to avoid infinite loops I had to change crosswire_anger and crosswire_fear functions to remove anger having a chance to go into fear and vice versa.

As for permanency, there is a way to remove Psychotic Break via rebooting them with Mindcraft, so provided crosswires were only permanent while they are Psychotic Breaked that wouldn't be an issue. Alternatively, reapplication of a crosswire could toggle it off. That was the quick and dirty way I did it a few versions ago.

Thanks for making this mod, it's a lot of work to maintain it I'm sure

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Updated for GetLucky 0.28.05!

0.28.05-RA1 (2018.09.10)
  • Tracking
    • Added Pre-Flaw tracking.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes