Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Updated for GetLucky 0.23.00!

New
  • Enhanced Senses
    • L2+ displays cash on hand in hover information
    • X-Ray Vision updated for new behavior. Cycles only once and for a shorter total time.
  • Tamara
    • Get her phone number when recruited
Thank you! "Must have" mod for me.

Reactions: dragoon93041
D

Deleted member 7072

Fantastic mod, well done. Any chance of a NTR preventing feature, perhaps higher level mindcraft lets you put an advanced Wild Oats on a person completely preventing them from sleeping with anyone but you? Naturally in a separate slot so you can still do things like suppress familial ties

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Any chance of a NTR preventing feature?
I have considered it. Haven't looked too deep into it. I think DarkPhilosopher might be planning something along those lines for GetLucky?

It wouldn't be on the shortlist anyway. There are a couple of other features I am interested in working on first.

Reactions: Deleted member 7072
D

Deleted member 7072

I have considered it. Haven't looked too deep into it. I think DarkPhilosopher might be planning something along those lines for GetLucky?

It wouldn't be on the shortlist anyway. There are a couple of other features I am interested in working on first.
What is on the shortlist?
Here's hoping Psychosism is, since it's pretty shit in the base game. I find it silly that half of the things you do with it actually hurt you rather than help. I always remove the ability for Crosswire Anger/Fear to end up in negative areas, replacing anger/fear with corruption/inhibition. While it is fitting for the Insanity Aura to do random stuff, I also remove the negative chances from that as well. I'm thinking all Auras should be collapsed into one which lets you pick what it does in greater detail, the two slots replaced with an ability that reduces willpower and one that either reduces inhibition or lowers the corruption requirements to get nympho/obsessive scenes

dragoon93041

Jul 22, 2017
It'll probably be more useful when the game is more fleshed out. Maybe. Psychoism's big draw is that it can let you create a lot of Energy.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
What is on the shortlist?
Sorry, no hints. I don't want people to become disappointed if my ideas prove unfeasible.

Here's hoping Psychosism is, since it's pretty shit in the base game.
I have no immediate plans for it. Nothing about it is actively annoying, and the couple of things I actually use it for work well. I just find it somewhat similar to Mind Control, where like 70% of it is uninteresting.

Psychoism's big draw is that it can let you create a lot of Energy.
Hence why fear can't block phone calls.

SalokinG

Apr 5, 2018
I just downloaded and opened it fine. Make sure you are using a compression utility that can open format files.
Oh boy... i have 7-zip but i use more filezilla. I forget about 7-zip every time ^^ Thank you

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
I'm not actually sure if this is a bug with the mod or the base game, but my game seems to think that Mom is Danni for the purposes of social actions.

Using social options like jog, coffee, small/large favor, etc. on Mom brings up a dialog stating that I don't have enough favor (favor with Mom is 100), and then proceeds to say that I've lost favor and love with Danni, and then the game crashes. I loaded a slightly older save and the problem seems to have disappeared. I don't know what triggered it in the original save.

The only reason I'm posting in this thread is because the crash dump points to a file included with this mod -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks.

edit:

Actually just happened again.

I talked to Mom, picked small favor and chose the persuasion check conversation - it failed. I reloaded the same save, talked to Mom again, and now my game thinks Mom is Danni. However, if I load an older save, and then reload the "broken" save, it's no longer broken. It's only broken if I load it first.

...and it actually happens with SIs as well, not just Mom.

The suspect save file is attached.

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I'm not actually sure if this is a bug with the mod or the base game, but my game seems to think that Mom is Danni for the purposes of social actions.
I have run into this myself. What is happening here is the game is defaulting selection to the "middle" character. (You can confirm this by looking down to the bottom of the screen and seeing who is selected.) At home, the character positions are fixed to Left-Mom, Middle-Danni, Right-Sister. This bug can also occur at school (with different characters involved). A similar bug will sometimes occur when a character "leaves", they will still be selected and can be interacted with.

I don't play the base game, so I can't say for sure that neither my mod nor GetLucky are the cause. But neither of us is specifically messing with selection, so I am not sure how we would be causing it or specifically how to fix it. And the workaround is easy enough, just unselect the invisible character.

As this isn't the only bug that can be run into when re-loading or using rollback, I suspect the problem is in the base game.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I see - thanks for the info.
I have been doing some research into this. It has been extremely difficult to debug. It looks like RenPy side-loads directly into the middle of the stack. Normally, if you would have A (eg: Get Save Data), then B (eg: Build Screen), then C (eg: Select Character), then D (eg: Interact), but reload a save at C, A and B are basically considered to have never happened. C (or in this case, more like C and a half) is the new first event; it hasn't even heard of A or B.

And this is where at least part of the problem is coming into play. While Radioactive is not directly munging the selection process, the selector and my save validation are both using a very common variable name. When the stack then gets side-loaded, it thinks my validation data is what it had previously used for selection. (Danni is the last character considered for validation.) So, it is a side-effect. The game is just lazily using the last value of a work variable and is not making sure it is valid before running code.

This whole side-load thing is dangerous all the way around and probably partially explains why the game has so many load / rollback issues.

I have changed my validation code to use a slightly more unique variable name. I have tested it with the save you provided, and it is now loading up with Mom selected. This isn't going to resolve all the problems I have seen, particularly the invisible characters at school and "leaving" characters still being selected. But hopefully Invisible Danni will appear a bit less often.

I am going to do some more testing and possibly rename some other variables. Hope to have a release up before the weekend.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Fix release available. In addition to the changes mentioned above, I also changed some of Radioactive's code that might have been vulnerable to a side-load issue.

What I would like to know at this point is why a validation function in the base game that runs directly before Radioactive's validation isn't having side-effects when it also uses the same variable name. At first, I thought it might be because it is in a Python block, which tends to reference variables a bit differently. But the possible vulnerability I mentioned above was also in a Python block, and was definitely interacting with the same variable. :confused:

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
Fix release available. In addition to the changes mentioned above, I also changed some of Radioactive's code that might have been vulnerable to a side-load issue.
Not being a programmer, I won't claim to fully understand everything you've written - but thank you for the effort :)

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Not being a programmer, I won't claim to fully understand everything you've written
To use a car analogy, it is like putting the key in the ignition and then suddenly finding yourself driving down the freeway. How did I get here? What happened to the rest of the trip? And putting the car into reverse to "back out of the driveway" is suddenly a very bad idea.

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
I'm currently running into an error associated with the SymPathetic Link power. It occurs whenever I click on mother or sister after aquiring the power. Apparently happens whenever I talk to anyone after getting the power.
I cant post links yet so I'll post this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I'm currently running into an error associated with the SymPathetic Link power. It occurs whenever I click on mother or sister after aquiring the power. Apparently happens whenever I talk to anyone after getting the power.
Sorry, but I can't figure out any way this would happen. It certainly shouldn't happen if a save is done entirely under the mod. And I started a new save in the base game, then continued under the mod and still encountered no error. If it is saying it doesn't know what this property is, then it sounds like something is wrong with your functions_definitions.py file. I would guess that either something went wrong during install, or something else has modified your file. Are you using another mod other than GetLucky?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes