• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I don't know man, only thing I can come up is that it's a different item with different properties or more simply in the material world it doesn't have a practical use so he doesn't have it there

You don't drink it in the dream world, Shopkeep teleports it to MC's cell so that he can drink it once he wakes up. On the other hand, Shopkeep can sell you the monster parts regardless of whether you're in the physical world or dream world, so he clearly has some ability to transfer objects between them.

My guess is that Shopkeep didn't sell Henri the rune stone just because he wanted the MC to be the one to use it. Shopkeep seems to want the MC to know about the alt-humans, most of the details we have on them came directly or indirectly from something he sold us. He probably knew Henri would climb the Vestige's tower if he had full lucidity and wanted to make sure the MC was along for it.
according to the walkthough you drink it before you say goodbye to mom? even if he is able to teleport it into the sin base that would require him moving it into a different dimension anyway (maybe you could argue he used the cracks from hex to send it).

I agree with you in story (especially about him hinting to dumb boi MC about alt stuff) but when you consider the "overall game?" it kind of makes him seem dumb/poor planning etc.

for us metagaming every choice slyly siding with MC is a great choice..... but what about all the MC who never bought anything from him and ended up in dead end? :KEK: shopkeep left with his dick in his hand because he put all his eggs in a basket that regularly admits its stiupid

Apr 17, 2024
according to the walkthough you drink it before you say goodbye to mom? even if he is able to teleport it into the sin base that would require him moving it into a different dimension anyway (maybe you could argue he used the cracks from hex to send it).

I agree with you in story (especially about him hinting to dumb boi MC about alt stuff) but when you consider the "overall game?" it kind of makes him seem dumb/poor planning etc.

for us metagaming every choice slyly siding with MC is a great choice..... but what about all the MC who never bought anything from him and ended up in dead end? :KEK: shopkeep left with his dick in his hand because he put all his eggs in a basket that regularly admits its stiupid
Nah, you drink it after you wake up, the walkthrough's wrong.

And yeah, the MC could totally ignore the hints that Shopkeep is trying to drop for him, that is entirely possible. But I doubt he's the only person that Shopkeep is working on. We know he's got other deals going on with Charlie, Deus, and Henri, and there are probably plenty more we haven't seen.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Nah, you drink it after you wake up, the walkthrough's wrong.

And yeah, the MC could totally ignore the hints that Shopkeep is trying to drop for him, that is entirely possible. But I doubt he's the only person that Shopkeep is working on. We know he's got other deals going on with Charlie, Deus, and Henri, and there are probably plenty more we haven't seen.
We know for a fact that Shopkeep values/thinks/cares about/ is using the MC more than henri....otherwise there would be no need to sell MC the rune instead of Henri. (and leaving up to "chance" if henri gets helped or not and if mc gets more lore) and unless there is some timeline stuff (which starts to really infringe on deus) Shopkeep has been focused on/dealing with/grooming/pushing MC since way before he got his powers imo its likely it goes back just a bit after his mom died (since MC has made 0 mention of forgetting stuff in relation to shopkeep)

LordGid

Sep 27, 2017
pretty sure the strength eaters need to be "alive" to eat :KEK:

Shopkeep is interesting.... but i disagree that he "knows everything" (or is more plot reliant/strapped than deus), even if you ignore "joke stuff" like him calling MC charlie (despite him knowing that he would be selling to charlie and that MC and charlie would know each other), why does he only indirectly interact with "weak" people (aka no level 5s) despite multiple of his items directly involving/impacting them? (Shopkeep helping charlie indirectly pushed charlie towards leaving sin, the whole rune thing for henri) if he knows all, can go between the matieral and immaterial and can get anicent (sky/sea) parts, why arent zak/deus aware? Or does deus allow shopkeep to get away with stuff because deus knows its pushes MC towards what he wants? That doesnt explain why zak (pre injury/now) is allowing a third party to influnece stuff as heavily as he is

IMO shopkeep is something/one that "shouldnt exsist" rather than another very powerful "deus ex machina" it wouldnt really change much about his character the only thing it would really chnage is he doesnt interact with strong people because they are likely to know what/who he is and they might not allow him to keep doing what he is doing.

Whose the strongest person we have seen directly interact with him? Is it MC/Met/Charlie at level 3? Im pretty sure if you help henri MC only make a mention of shopkeep to him and even then henri seems like the most likely "strong person" to not care what shopkeep means/could represent
We already know some super humans and monsters don't instantly die even when decapitated so that isn't a problem.

He does know everything as one of Shopkeeps rewards for the package delivery was the eye of Aglaecwif's son and if you choose it he even mentions knowledge and pleasure which is the two reasons you choose the path that leads to Aglaecwif meaning he knew we would run into her. He also gives you the necklace that is given to the Deryl clone which likely had a effect on his degridation stopping.
Deus might know and just not care as we have already seen Deus' goals don't really align with H.E.R.O. as he often ignores acting in their interests or even acts outright against H.E.R.O. such as when he gave Valravn his heart back. Or Deus might not know at all as he stated he only knows what is going to happen if it directly involves him.
As for Zack he isn't all knowing even about what happens in his time loops a example of this is that you can effect a hidden stat that makes H.E.R.O. stronger or weaker based on if you give Zack the information you learn during the S.I.N. infliltration mission meaning he doesn't know the majority of what happens in the time loop something that is even further reinforced by the fact he needs to ask you for the information in the first place.

Shopkeep does interact with strong people as you can see both Deus and Henri in his store if you go to it multiple times after joining H.E.R.O.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
We already know some super humans and monsters don't instantly die even when decapitated so that isn't a problem.

He does know everything as one of Shopkeeps rewards for the package delivery was the eye of Aglaecwif's son and if you choose it he even mentions knowledge and pleasure which is the two reasons you choose the path that leads to Aglaecwif meaning he knew we would run into her. He also gives you the necklace that is given to the Deryl clone which likely had a effect on his degridation stopping.
Deus might know and just not care as we have already seen Deus' goals don't really align with H.E.R.O. as he often ignores acting in their interests or even acts outright against H.E.R.O. such as when he gave Valravn his heart back. Or Deus might not know at all as he stated he only knows what is going to happen if it directly involves him.
As for Zack he isn't all knowing even about what happens in his time loops a example of this is that you can effect a hidden stat that makes H.E.R.O. stronger or weaker based on if you give Zack the information you learn during the S.I.N. infliltration mission meaning he doesn't know the majority of what happens in the time loop something that is even further reinforced by the fact he needs to ask you for the information in the first place.

Shopkeep does interact with strong people as you can see both Deus and Henri in his store if you go to it multiple times after joining H.E.R.O.
shopkeep didnt know charlie would come back asking "tf i wanted oscar back not whatever this is" yet he didnt tell her originally that "it would point towards who will bring him back".... but let me guess shopkeep knew that charlie would come back asking and also know that MC would come at that exact same time, only for MC to not hear anything about it.....so what was shopkeeps plan then??

i typed out way more but this isnt worth it.

right now shopkeep is a poorly implemented version of dues at best. not because of the writing or ideas behind him, or even because deus is a better deus ex machina but because this a choice based VN.

Go ahead and list every interaction with shopkeep and how he planned for them all to go that way, but it doesn't change the fact that in some "timelines" (whatever you want to call a run in universe) he is ignored to the point that the MC dies. Dues works as a Dues ex machina becuase he isonly relevent to things he is inovlved with and he doesnt give you a choice. Imagine if when deus catches MC him giving the option "turn down dues help" and then he goes and stops del from leaking MC info (much like shopkeep not getting to impart his alt knowlegde and lore if MC doesnt buy shit from him)

Edit: At least shopkeepists are fresher than ellaists i suppose

Last edited:

LordGid

Sep 27, 2017
shopkeep didnt know charlie would come back asking "tf i wanted oscar back not whatever this is" yet he didnt tell her originally that "it would point towards who will bring him back".... but let me guess shopkeep knew that charlie would come back asking and also know that MC would come at that exact same time, only for MC to not hear anything about it.....so what was shopkeeps plan then??

i typed out way more but this isnt worth it.

right now shopkeep is a poorly implemented version of dues at best. not because of the writing or ideas behind him, or even because deus is a better deus ex machina but because this a choice based VN.

Go ahead and list every interaction with shopkeep and how he planned for them all to go that way, but it doesn't change the fact that in some "timelines" (whatever you want to call a run in universe) he is ignored to the point that the MC dies. Dues works as a Dues ex machina becuase he isonly relevent to things he is inovlved with and he doesnt give you a choice. Imagine if when deus catches MC him giving the option "turn down dues help" and then he goes and stops del from leaking MC info (much like shopkeep not getting to impart his alt knowlegde and lore if MC doesnt buy shit from him)

Edit: At least shopkeepists are fresher than ellaists i suppose
The MC heard enough or more specifically we the players heard enough that was the point of the whole thing.

He is implemented just fine as he does what is needed while also selling some useful and amusing items.

He gives you the necklace that you give to Deryl, he gives the twins the ear rings, and he has you deliver a package to Charlie which informs us where she is living then has us encounter Charlie at the store. By the way these are all required things no way to skip or get around them. So even ignoring all the optional stuff he still does quite a bit.
Deus didn't give help when he caught them MC he just talked then left leaving the MC confused about the whole encounter.

I don't even know what would be considered being a shopkeepist or ellaist and I honestly don't think you do ether which is why you used those terms.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
The MC heard enough or more specifically we the players heard enough that was the point of the whole thing.

He is implemented just fine as he does what is needed while also selling some useful and amusing items.

He gives you the necklace that you give to Deryl, he gives the twins the ear rings, and he has you deliver a package to Charlie which informs us where she is living then has us encounter Charlie at the store. By the way these are all required things no way to skip or get around them. So even ignoring all the optional stuff he still does quite a bit.
Deus didn't give help when he caught them MC he just talked then left leaving the MC confused about the whole encounter.

I don't even know what would be considered being a shopkeepist or ellaist and I honestly don't think you do ether which is why you used those terms.
Oh so shopkeep knows everything up to and including the fact that he is in a renpy game (that is why he makes the charlie joke right? for us the player to laugh at?), he "has MC encounter charlie".... so he made us go to the new mall? because we would end up there anyway even if we didnt deliver the package to charlie and the scene would not even change since its never mentioned that MC is the one to deliver it.....

Dues knew that the leak was going to happen (or he was wrong about why Mc would be working with hero) he "helps" the MC by allowing the leak to happen which leads the the stuff that happens at the battle (MC evolving is part of his plan but the eye taking over is not part of the plan so he kills mc in that dead end but both require the leak to happen).

An ellaist (or any "x"ist) is either someone who blindly follows and says that the person in question is the best/can do no wrong/is the end all be all (of waifus or in this case knowledge) you said shopkeep knows EVERYTHING not "has a better grasp on stuff" but that he is "the voice of god" (voice used to deliver general messages to the audience) nevermind that on stream WW has said that he does not "voice of god" as a concept and instead likes for multiple characters to all have ideas/pieces that may or may not fit together.....

but oh wait he was lying he just wanted to throw us off the real voice of god..... the guy who sells the same 10 sex toys for over half the game

that is some shopkeepism right there

LordGid

Sep 27, 2017
Oh so shopkeep knows everything up to and including the fact that he is in a renpy game (that is why he makes the charlie joke right? for us the player to laugh at?), he "has MC encounter charlie".... so he made us go to the new mall? because we would end up there anyway even if we didnt deliver the package to charlie and the scene would not even change since its never mentioned that MC is the one to deliver it.....

Dues knew that the leak was going to happen (or he was wrong about why Mc would be working with hero) he "helps" the MC by allowing the leak to happen which leads the the stuff that happens at the battle (MC evolving is part of his plan but the eye taking over is not part of the plan so he kills mc in that dead end but both require the leak to happen).

An ellaist (or any "x"ist) is either someone who blindly follows and says that the person in question is the best/can do no wrong/is the end all be all (of waifus or in this case knowledge) you said shopkeep knows EVERYTHING not "has a better grasp on stuff" but that he is "the voice of god" (voice used to deliver general messages to the audience) nevermind that on stream WW has said that he does not "voice of god" as a concept and instead likes for multiple characters to all have ideas/pieces that may or may not fit together.....

but oh wait he was lying he just wanted to throw us off the real voice of god..... the guy who sells the same 10 sex toys for over half the game

that is some shopkeepism right there
Don't know hard to say exactly I do know 4th wall breaks happen though as both MC and Ella have made them. You have to deliver the package it's something you can't skip as it happens automatically. Not him that made us go to the new mall but we do have to go to it and to his store in order to progress the story.

We don't know what Deus knows as even if he knew the MC would join doesn't mean he knows why or if he did who the leaker was as supposedly he only knows the future in relation to his own personal future meaning any details he doesn't personally encounter he wont see.
Not sure if I would consider his actions helping since he does things on his own to get the outcome he wants.

I never even considered applying the concept of "the voice of god" in relation to this game which means you are literally just spewing nonsense due to not knowing what you are talking about. Saying "everything" may have been a bit of embellishment on my part but I stand by it if only for the reason it proves that you don't actually understand what others are saying.

Not shopkeepism and more you just having no clue what anyone is trying to say.

Last edited:

JerryBanana

Dec 30, 2019
Devlog 77(Update release window, stream stuff and more
  • Yo, how's it been doing guys? Just a little status update on how the game's going for today.
    Overall it's going pretty well, maybe slightly better than expected. I've basically done all the writing for the update, from the main story to the side stuff, so that's all done. I've been chipping away at the CGs as well, while I've been writing, some sex, some action, just whatever's been popping into my head, we got about 100 of those done, or a little over. At a guess, I'm about halfway through the update's development right now, which should put the timeframe of release sometime in June, so, there you go on that. I'll give a less vague idea of when it's coming once I'm a little deeper in.

Outside of that, for those of you that care, my next stream will be starting early this week, at 7pm EST this Saturday. I'm going to be rounding up a bunch of feedback from the community and giving it a read with some thoughts on stream. So whether it's comments here, messages in the Discord's feedback section, reviews and comments on Itch.Io, reviews on f95, tfgames, etc, I'm just gonna be snapping a bunch of screenshots and having a look at what people like and don't like about the game, so if you got something to say, type it out somewhere I'll see it.

With those two out of the way, there is one last thing. I'll be starting a new thing from next update onward, where with the public release of each update, I'll also release a poll in the same post containing the links(both for patreon and subscribestar), in which anyone can rate the latest update from 1 to 10. This is just so I can get a better idea of what everyone thinks a good update looks like, and hopefully adjust accordingly.

So yeah, that's it for today. Catch you next time.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Devlog 77(Update release window, stream stuff and more
  • Yo, how's it been doing guys? Just a little status update on how the game's going for today.
    Overall it's going pretty well, maybe slightly better than expected. I've basically done all the writing for the update, from the main story to the side stuff, so that's all done. I've been chipping away at the CGs as well, while I've been writing, some sex, some action, just whatever's been popping into my head, we got about 100 of those done, or a little over. At a guess, I'm about halfway through the update's development right now, which should put the timeframe of release sometime in June, so, there you go on that. I'll give a less vague idea of when it's coming once I'm a little deeper in.

Outside of that, for those of you that care, my next stream will be starting early this week, at 7pm EST this Saturday. I'm going to be rounding up a bunch of feedback from the community and giving it a read with some thoughts on stream. So whether it's comments here, messages in the Discord's feedback section, reviews and comments on Itch.Io, reviews on f95, tfgames, etc, I'm just gonna be snapping a bunch of screenshots and having a look at what people like and don't like about the game, so if you got something to say, type it out somewhere I'll see it.

With those two out of the way, there is one last thing. I'll be starting a new thing from next update onward, where with the public release of each update, I'll also release a poll in the same post containing the links(both for patreon and subscribestar), in which anyone can rate the latest update from 1 to 10. This is just so I can get a better idea of what everyone thinks a good update looks like, and hopefully adjust accordingly.

So yeah, that's it for today. Catch you next time.
Yo, you trying to steal my job kiddo?

Jk

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
How prevalent is the mind control aspect in the game?
Kinda hard to answer.

Its not part of a kink (so far) if thats your question.

There are multiple superhuman's whose powers can influence the mind and one monster-powerset which is specific about controlling other but its not part of the MCs powers and yeah ..

The MC just learned to influence memorys tho

Apr 17, 2024
How prevalent is the mind control aspect in the game?
Moderately. One of the characters has mind control as their power. They use it a couple times outside the arc focusing on them in minor ways, and we see them use it extensively during their arc. There's also another character whose powers are poorly defined as of the latest update, but seem to include some mind-altering effects.

If you're asking about if there's mind control fetish content, then there's almost none. The mind controller character makes a couple girls strip at various points while learning their abilities, but that's as far as it goes.

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
Ok this might sound weird but is it possible to puppeteer someone now by latching on them and messing with their mind constantly with our new skill cause since we can be as small as a fly really we could pretty much get away more stuff now without the risk of being found out since its that actual person but with us guiding them to do our bidding

Reactions: Dinoflaggelate
Apr 17, 2024
Ok this might sound weird but is it possible to puppeteer someone now by latching on them and messing with their mind constantly with our new skill cause since we can be as small as a fly really we could pretty much get away more stuff now without the risk of being found out since its that actual person but with us guiding them to do our bidding
Probably, though he'd want to keep the memory alterations to a minimum to make it hard to detect him by his energy signature. It would be an art he'd need to learn, the minimum amount of false memories needed to steer someone accurately. He could also make his infiltration even more insidious by scanning traits from parasitic worms, so that he hides not on top of his victim but inside their blood stream. No one expects to have an enemy infiltrator in their femoral artery.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Honestly i think we are already way past that.
Mc was able to escape by infiltrating a SIN agent's mind and altering her memories, he never touched her before and according to Syla he would soon be able to locate people on the otherworld by himself.
He doesn't need to enter or touch anyone's body to acess their memories anymore, hell he can leave his tails to fight autonomously while he focus on fucking with people's minds, even great distances might not mean anything to Mc at this point if he wants to infiltrate.

Apr 17, 2024
Honestly i think we are already way past that.
Mc was able to escape by infiltrating a SIN agent's mind and altering her memories, he never touched her before and according to Syla he would soon be able to locate people on the otherworld by himself.
He doesn't need to enter or touch anyone's body to acess their memories anymore, hell he can leave his tails to fight autonomously while he focus on fucking with people's minds, even great distances might not mean anything to Mc at this point if he wants to infiltrate.
Yeah, probably. I do think turning into a parasite could still be a good move for smuggling his body into places that would take too many people's memories rewritten to get past security. But yes, if he just wants to manipulate someone without being detected, dream walking is the way to go. Especially if he manages to do the "tails can cross over from the dream to waking" thing he used against Shen's illusions in reverse, so that while he's walking around a dream tail can extend into the dream world and make changes there. At that point his memory abilities would just be terrifying.

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
What if we do both ideas like maybe being a dream parasite to control one person while controlling another as a backup to latch onto and spread like a virus in otherworld. Plus it's safe to say that the people we manipulate won't remember the otherworld if the somehow coherent enough to try and stop us it's a slow but worth it process to our path of god or demi god hood to have cult following of brainwashed Meta's ,monsters, and humans who worship you. Hell we already have that in the game now we just need it to be legit quick get the fangirls and demi on the phone we will be a state religion in a decade

4.80 star(s) 308 Votes