Sup guys, im doing a vampire survivor clone, someone want to test?

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
So i was going to publish today, but i spend too much time on league and couldnt finish in time, but till 18th i will finish this, i have unistalled league.
So what im doing? Polishing sprites, polishing the banner, animating a scene.
AND doing a music hehe, there is plenty of free musics but im doing my own too

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Glorified_ignorance

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
View attachment 3163365

So that will be the banner, what u guys think?

That are the girls that will be on the first playtest thing.
Yeah that is a concept i will tryhard on the actual CG.
First one is laira, a girl that have a farm, so is like a farming rival (will have a farm minigame) kinda optional if u want to grind gear before go to some wave.

Second one is the boss (and face of the game) nafíri, she is the empress of the void, the strongestest being in this earth.

thir one is a recepcionist, i dont have a name, i want she to be a blond petite and is that.

So the dark skin laira will be medium booba size, nafiri will be huge mongabomga, and the nameless blond will be the flat line, kinda trio for the first release isnt dhusahdusahduahdsa

View attachment 3163367
1704396949628.png

blondie

• Thinking Face

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
So I'm doing a main menu Boss fight and thinked with myself that i should embrace Full horror atmosphere, what u guys think about that?

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
So I'm doing a main menu Boss fight and thinked with myself that i should embrace Full horror atmosphere, what u guys think about that?
Hard to say... it really depends on your approach. Experimenting with idea is one way to go for it. Can't really tell without reading about it or seeing in action. Good horror games are quite rarity, if you think you can pull it go for it, but don't wanna be placed at such position alone. It's quite complicated question to answer.

EDIT : Since you aim to go with action more in your game, it could benefit more from such idea.

In my case whatever youll decide I know Ill give it a try wholeheartedly :giggle:

Last edited:

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
Hard to say... it really depends on your approach. Experimenting with idea is one way to go for it. Can't really tell without reading about it or seeing in action. Good horror games are quite rarity, if you think you can pull it go for it, but don't wanna be placed at such position alone. It's quite complicated question to answer.

EDIT : Since you aim to go with action more in your game, it could benefit more from such idea.

In my case whatever youll decide I know Ill give it a try wholeheartedly :giggle:
I want a very bad vibes, that will help to create a "forgotten by god world" but I'm kinda affraid of "trying too much" I'm mixing so many stuff on this that It can get just annoying or bad

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
I want a very bad vibes, that will help to create a "forgotten by god world" but I'm kinda affraid of "trying too much" I'm mixing so many stuff on this that It can get just annoying or bad
True, while mixing different things together and expect it to work can sometimes lead to chaos, but on other hand there does exist projects that such approach compliment each other.

The best you can do to test it out, not fully dive into it but make small mockups instead. Which alone might spark even more ideas on combining or even more concentrating on single theme.

Being "afraid" and finding courage to go and do it, is exactly the crossroad people need to learn on crossing while facing doubts. You never know until you try, you know.

It's better to fall and learn from mistakes, rather than not try and walk away. It's part of the growth process.

You never know, maybe by embracing such approach can lead to something fascinating in process, that would be a big hit, and possibly inspiration to other artists :)

Simplicity is the key, after all ;p Stop doubting and just go make stuff the way you first envisioned ;)

ps. dont forget sometimes game mechanics outshines art, its as crucial as visual representation, and can do drastic impact complimenting poor choices of art.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Aquiledelrosa

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
True, while mixing different things together and expect it to work can sometimes lead to chaos, but on other hand there does exist projects that such approach compliment each other.

The best you can do to test it out, not fully dive into it but make small mockups instead. Which alone might spark even more ideas on combining or even more concentrating on single theme.

Being "afraid" and finding courage to go and do it, is exactly the crossroad people need to learn on crossing while facing doubts. You never know until you try, you know.

It's better to fall and learn from mistakes, rather than not try and walk away. It's part of the growth process.

You never know, maybe by embracing such approach can lead to something fascinating in process, that would be a big hit, and possibly inspiration to other artists :)

Simplicity is the key, after all ;p Stop doubting and just go make stuff the way you first envisioned ;)

ps. dont forget sometimes game mechanics outshines art, its as crucial as visual representation, and can do drastic impact complimenting poor choices of art.
U right man, if no one is willing to try New shit i should be, i have nothing to lose but everything to earn

• Yay, new update!

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
marking.png

Just remembering, those 3 will be the main cast for this try, i alredy putted nafíri on main menu, but later i put her sprite? i think is the sprite the name of this hahaha
And yes i changed hair color of flower girl, from brown/green, to white/green

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
GUYS GOOD NEWS IM ALMOST FINISHING NAFIRI MAIN MENU BOSS BATTLE AND IS INSANE IM LEGIT VERY EXCITED.
But will be a nuzlock, what means, if u fuck up its done, no etern legendary buff for you.

Aquiledelrosa

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
So guys, do you guys want to test it with just the main menu battle + alpha survivor? Or wait more for refine everything to launch?