Deep-Six

Who?
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Fair, although, you could still use a placeholder for coding purposes and replace it with finished assets. That's first.
Secondly, isn't the art already (or almost) complete? According to the progress bar?
View attachment 3578267
Took the words from my mouth.

Part of the tech update was renaming all the assets so they are easier to work with, I would guess that would imply having a sort of naming system for assets and knowing how they will be named. You can basically code all of the stuff related with assets using placeholders with the same names you already know they are going to have and just replace the placeholders for the real assets once the art is done.

I don't believe they don't do this because they are milking their Patreons like people like to imply, I just believe they don't do this out of sheer incompetence and inexperience working with IT projects like these in the past.

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
The abandoned tag is their god. They worship it and receive its divine messages, telling them to share its glory.
"Tell of my name so that others know of closure in the sea of sufferance." - ~ - Abandoned

Reactions: SonofOrion

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
"We" did absolutely nothing, no one in this thread has any power over the abandoned tag since that's a rule established by the website and enforced by mods.

Regardless of that, the reason DC announced they're getting a test update is because among patrons there is also a growing dissatisfaction because of a lack of tangible progress. If he really wanted to dodge the abandoned tag for this site, he wouldn't have to go through the trouble to release an actual playable version of the tech-update.

You could argue that updating SS with a minor update to dodge the abandoned tag would raise some eyebrows, because why would you do that if you're working on the tech-update anyways? That would be sus as hell. My counter to that is that an abandoned tag on a piracy website is way less important than actually satisfying the patrons that donate to him, and the patrons are already getting more dissatisfied, he has incentive enough to roll out a (partial) update soon, the abandoned tag means fuck all in comparison.

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
A not small number of his patrons heard about the game from here. I would expect at least some of them still check here. So the two groups at least have some link.

Its disingenuous to pretend there's no cause and effect here. Some were so loudly claiming the tag would change nothing for months and then when it did they are just being stubborn.

The dissatisfaction would obviously be there for all engaged long term patrons, due to the very misleading initial target date, and then this just helped trigger it more.

Ayam85

Sep 10, 2019
This game is a textbook example of a project gets too ambitious for its own good. The game could be completed years ago if it only focused on the (step)mother, (step)sister, childhood friend(with benefits), his buddy's mom and to some extent the most popular girl in the school(Roxxy). Instead DC introduced so many characters that he barely developed and the game spread too thin. Even its copycat A Town Uncovered had similar problem as well.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
"We" did absolutely nothing, no one in this thread has any power over the abandoned tag since that's a rule established by the website and enforced by mods.

Regardless of that, the reason DC announced they're getting a test update is because among patrons there is also a growing dissatisfaction because of a lack of tangible progress. If he really wanted to dodge the abandoned tag for this site, he wouldn't have to go through the trouble to release an actual playable version of the tech-update.

You could argue that updating SS with a minor update to dodge the abandoned tag would raise some eyebrows, because why would you do that if you're working on the tech-update anyways? That would be sus as hell. My counter to that is that an abandoned tag on a piracy website is way less important than actually satisfying the patrons that donate to him, and the patrons are already getting more dissatisfied, he has incentive enough to roll out a (partial) update soon, the abandoned tag means fuck all in comparison.
NOW he cares about his patreons dissatisfaction,not in 2023?
Damn what a timing:KEK:

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
This game is a textbook example of a project gets too ambitious for its own good. The game could be completed years ago if it only focused on the (step)mother, (step)sister, childhood friend(with benefits), his buddy's mom and to some extent the most popular girl in the school(Roxxy). Instead DC introduced so many characters that he barely developed and the game spread too thin. Even its copycat A Town Uncovered had similar problem as well.
it's not over ambitious. its a money grab. when he is raking in over 70k month on patron and not to mention Substar.... that puts him at a million plus a year... he has no incentive to complete or progress with any urgency... doing that will cut off his money.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
A Town Uncovered suffered from the fact that the dev is a dumbass who didn't even know what the fuck he wanted the game to be with that weird alternate world he started to introduce.

And now he's lost interest and has himself another project, last I checked.

volumina-90

Oct 14, 2021
The amount of bloated and uncompleted character storylines and content, really gets you thinking. I understand he wanted to add a lot of characters but he barely finished some of the very early ones and yet still keeps on adding more..

If the game already had a solid ending and covered the (step)family and school characters fully, then sure, adding extra characters would make sense.

But I guess adding Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin in the game really was an important milestone huh..

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
The amount of bloated and uncompleted character storylines and content, really gets you thinking. I understand he wanted to add a lot of characters but he barely finished some of the very early ones and yet still keeps on adding more..

If the game already had a solid ending and covered the (step)family and school characters fully, then sure, adding extra characters would make sense.

But I guess adding Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin in the game really was an important milestone huh..
THEY ADDED ME IN? POGGERS.

Reactions: Dr.Zed
4.20 star(s) 340 Votes